Main Menu

The Exit

Started by SleepyD, October 15, 2006, 12:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

Woah, 2000?
I thought the OS-tan phenomenon began later in 2003 or so... '__'
This would certainly predate that....

Did you inadvertently stumble upon an ancestrial OS-tan, and just our luck it happens to be OS/2-sama?  ^__^

*squeals with delight*

In any case, can't jump to conclusions.... -v-

For now, we'll take it for what it probably is.... an independent commerical work outside of the OS-tan phenomenon, but nonetheless an excellent source of new inspiration.  ^.^

And fantastic Wiki material, for sure!  ^v^

BTW, please please pretty please let me see your sketches when you're done!  This is going to be trés sugoi!  ^v^

SleepyD

I do believe that achain from: http://www.serina.org/~achain/index.html.en
has joined us.

wowz.  go check the memberlist.
見て: http://ostan-collections.net/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1280

C-Chan

OH MY GAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!  @v@

SUIT!!!!  WHERE"S MY SUIT?!!!!!!  ^v^

*runs around in circles frantically*

CaptBrenden

here it is *hands c -chan a suit made of gooey cheese egg and biscut*  there you look wonderful!
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

C-Chan

One of these days.... ONE OF THESE DAYS!!!!!!!  `0'

POW!!!!  I'll invent edible scrap metal and turn the tables on YOU!!  ^0^

CaptBrenden

yes.. but will you do that in the time it takes to fry a peice of bacon? >:D

MisterCat

I've no idea what this thread is supposed to be about, but here's what can become of those who aren't nice to pigs:

Women's heads 'found in freezer' - World - smh.com.au

o_o

=^..^=

SleepyD

lol, well, this thread's supposed to be about a bunch of links OS-tan and OS-tan related material.  "related" being a rather broad term, if you've seen a few of the links in the first post

...and that's a rather gruesome story.

CaptBrenden

jeabus wtf?!?!  Mr Cat.... im gonna need therapy thanks -_-  But yeah.. that should have been a thread in and of itself

MisterCat

You're probably right, Captain, but what I was thinking was that it was time for me to weigh in on the bacon/C-Chan issue you two have been on about.  So I figured an article about a pig farmer gone bad might contain a hidden lesson for those apt to take advantage of our porcine fellow Earthlings ââ,¬â€ or something like that.

;013

=^..^=

achain

Hello from Japan,
Warp-tan took me to this forum.

The author of Merlin-chan is my friend so I know whole history of her. I don't think she is a member of OS-tans because she is not a girl-shaped OS itself but a magical girl (such as Pretty Sammy) who needs OS/2 power instead of magical stick. She is very famous mascot character among OS/2 user in Japan...only among OS/2 users in Japan.

I saw another proposal of OS/2-tan only once at Futaba few years ago. She had twin-tails hair and put black-gothic dress. It was so cute and very impressive for me...but I couldn't find OS/2-related things on her...except /2win-tails...

Now I like C-Chan's Warp-tan and eCS-tan, so please foster them.

C-Chan

QuoteHello from Japan,
Warp-tan took me to this forum.

WOW!!!  Achain's here!!  ACHAIN'S HERE!!  ^V^

*faints*

*gets back up*  (No no no, this is no to time to faint.  Be strong, C-chan.... -v-)

[nervously]  We-Welcome to the O-OS-tan Collections Forum.  ^^
We are very happy,... no, thrilled... no, excited to have you join us!  ^v^

Um,...  ^__^

I'll give this a shot....!  ^____^

いらっãâ€"ã‚Æ'いませ!ãâ,¬â,¬Ã£â,¬â,¬^v^
ようこそãâ,¬ÂÃ£â€šÂ¢Ã£Æ'ã‚§ã‚¤ãÆ'³ã•ã¾ï¼  ^__^'

どぞよろãâ€"くおねãÅ'いてãâ€"まãâ,,¢Ã¯Â¼Â  ^v^'

えとãâ,¬â€šÃ£â,¬â€šÃ£â,¬â€šÃ£â,¬â€š  Ã,¯VÃ,¯'

QuoteThe author of Merlin-chan is my friend so I know whole history of her. I don't think she is a member of OS-tans because she

is not a girl-shaped OS itself but a magical girl (such as Pretty Sammy) who needs OS/2 power instead of magical stick. She is very

famous mascot character among OS/2 user in Japan...only among OS/2 users in Japan.

Thank you very much for clearing that up.  ^v^
I'm glad at least we were almost on the right track, but it's always better to know the facts as they are sooner than later.  ^__^

In a way, I'm happy to know that the work of Merlin-chan's author is safe, as some OS-tan fans have been known to be hostile to whatever they think are alternative designs of their beloved characters.  NT-tan is a good example.  ^.^

It is very superb artwork -- if it's not too much trouble, please convey our praise to Merlin-chan's author.  And if he's willing to ship overseas, I love to buy some of it as well.  ^__^

I only use OS/2 a little at work, and play with my eComstation Demo at home, but at least this is enough to embellish that she's famous among an OS/2 user outside of Japan.  ^________^;

If that's okay with the author, of course.  ^^'

QuoteI saw another proposal of OS/2-tan only once at Futaba few years ago. She had twin-tails hair and put black-gothic dress. It was so cute and very impressive for me...but I couldn't find OS/2-related things on her...except /2win-tails...

Then I'll make it my mission to find this OS/2-tan design.  ^__^
I don't like saying I'm the first to create this OS-tan or that OS-tan, because my search abilities aren't that good to begin with, and the OS-tan world is very large and (from our vantage) not fully explored.  -.-

I still have the suspicion that another AmigaOS-tan that predates mine is floating around out there somewhere....  ^__^

If I find them, I want to make sure everyone here knows about them.  For the little-known OS-tans that aren't Windows, it's much better to cooperate in making a unique an interesting character, than to compete on the design only.  ^v^

QuoteNow I like C-Chan's Warp-tan and eCS-tan, so please foster them.

Thank you very much, Achain-sama!  ^__^

*bows*

*...twice for eCS-tan*

I'm afraid I cheat too much, so I can't really say they're any good without being dishonest.  ^^'
But I greatly appreciate your compliment.  ^__^

I also adore your work as well!  ^v^
The OS/2 banners you made are nicely done and the artwork is exquisite.  ^.^

http://www.serina.org/~achain/os2/index.html.en

Very well then, I'll do my best to create more drawings of OS/2-tan and eCS-tan immediately!  ^v^
Tonight, in fact, I'll draw a cute montage I've been meaning to draw for weeks now.  ^__^
Thanks to you, my motivation has been supercharged.  ^v^

ãÅ'んばりまãâ,,¢Ã¯Â¼ÂÃ£â,¬â,¬Ã£â,¬â,¬^0^

If you would be willing to stay around for a little longer, I would very much like to consult with you about OS/2 the system.
I still know so little about how it works and spend too much energy drawing OS-tans for many other different systems that it's hard for me to get to know any single one very well.  ^__^'

I feel like I would be missing out on the chance to make funny or cool references about OS/2.  ^__^

Until then, please make yourself at home.  ^v^

Added after 14 hours 8 minutes:

I'm happy to report that some progress was made on a very familiar style of montage.  ^__^

But still a work in progress, and shown here only in 640x480 to abide by forum rules...  -.-

SleepyD

C-Chan talks a lot more than I do. ^^

Like C-Chan, I am very interested in the design you saw on Futaba....

Thanks for telling us who Merlin-chan is. ^^
Although, now I'm picturing Merlin-chan commanding OS/2-tan to do things... haha XD;

And achain, I must compliment you on your English. I honestly did not expect you to come, let alone speak fluently!  ^^;;

Edit:
Now that I've looked through your site thoroughly, I guess it's expected, since you do have quite a bit of English. ^^;;;;;;;;;

C-Chan

Fufufu,.. you mean you didn't scan his site inch-by-inch like I did, looking for OS/2 goodness?  Bow your head in shame, SleepyD.....  ^___^

But yes, you took the words right out of my mouth on both respects (down to commanding her to do things,.... ^v^).

And ME?  Took a lot?  Surely you jest.  ^.^
Bet it's just the extra padding from the picture that's making the post look big.  -v-

BTW, SleepyD, biiiiiiiiiiiiig favor to ask of you....  ^v^
By any chance, are you gonna use your sketch of the multi-tasking chibi OS/2-tan?  (The one where she's painting, sculpting, killing viruses, etc?)

I'd like to ink that for you if you don't mind.  ^__^

achain

C-Chan, SleepyD, thank you for welcoming me.

First, if this is off topic for this thread, please guide me to better place.

I didn't save the proposal of Warp-tan at Futaba. I'm calling my memory and it probably looked like this. I have tried to find the image again for many times at everywhere but it fails. And in addition, the proposal image didn't seem to be drawn by the proposer. Maybe he picked a game CG or something and just put "OS/2 Warp" logo onto it. It didn't get comments at all.

I'm running OS/2 related web site in Japan and have connections between some worldwide OS/2 webmasters. So if we need to ask OS/2 users something, please let me do it. Most of OS/2 users are old enough to hesitate 2D stuff, however. (OS2World.com is polling to ask which animal is good to be eComStation's mascot....eh, animal!?)

Should I list unique points of OS/2 here?
- Branched from same root of WinNT.
- User says "OS/2 is very stable". doubtful in many cases...
- Many companies used to use it for mission critical system (e.g. automated teller machine of bank).
- GUIed OS but requires small memory. (I tried 8MB system. It took 20 minutes to boot...but it did work!)
- Enough modern OS (DVD playable, DVD burnable, Firefox workable, USB usable) but nobody knows.
- IBM stopped OS/2 support at end of 2006. ;014

Added after 12 minutes:

QuoteI'm happy to report that some progress was made on a very familiar style of montage.  ^__^

Wow thank you!
I set it to my server's wallpaper(^^)