Let's Talk Anime/Manga

Started by L33t 4g3nt, April 28, 2005, 12:50:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

Hehe... everyone loves Rozen Maiden.  ^__^

BTW, do you mean the sketch in your avatar?
It looks good, but if you can provide a bigger sample that'd be great.  ^v^

Thurosis

Quote from: "C-Chan"Hehe... everyone loves Rozen Maiden.  ^__^

BTW, do you mean the sketch in your avatar?

Suiseiseki and shinku are my favs there ^^

My Avatar is pretty old too ^^" i think it's about 1 year old

I would do it if i only know how and where i can post the pics i drew (but those pics isn't OS-tan related -.-)

(I need time to draw a Fan-Pics and i don't have the time right because i work at a hotel and right now we have a busy time ^^)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Everything is learnable!~
It comes only on it, how much strives and time you put into it.
And there arn\'t better or worse for us artist only different!
All Artists have their own individually styles and all drawings have their own good sides!

Xyanide

here's quite a list and i'm too lazy to comment them all sorry, i'm glad to see a lot of people like FLCL :) I loved it too. I havn't read that many manga though, so i'll just comment those.

teh animes!:
  Akira
  Black Lagoon
  Bleach
  Boogiepop Phantom
  Cowboy Bebop
  Chobits
  Dragon Ball
  Elfen Lied
  Eureka Seven
  Evangelion: Death & Rebirth
  Evangelion: End of Evangelion
  Excel Saga
  Full Metal Panic!
  Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
  Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu!
  Fullmetal Alchemist
  Furi Kuri (FLCL)
  Ghost in the Shell
  Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence
  Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex 1st GIG
  Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG
  Great Teacher Onizuka
  Green Green TV    
  Grenadier - Hohoemi no Senshi
  Gundam SEED Destiny    
  Gundam Wing
  Gunslinger Girl
  Hellsing+OVAs
  Mai HiME
  Mai Otome (liked it better than Mai HiME)
  Neon Genesis Evangelion
  Samurai Champloo
  School Rumble
  School Rumble 2 (1st season is better)
  Serial Experiments Lain
  Shingetsutan Tsukihime
  Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu

Manga (in physical posession):

Akira - SO much better than the movie, in fact it's very different in the manga, it's a translated re-issue of 6 huge books. It was a huge pile to read but so worth it (about 2000 pages A4 size?)
  Ghost in the Shell - The original mangas translated re-issue, uncensored and uncut I really enjoyed reading this one.
Oh and yes the uncensored includes the lesbian scene of motoko with her colleagues in manga 2 :P Ultimate fanservice!!

CaptBrenden

Quote^^

My Favourite Animes are:

Rozen Maiden (träumend & Overtüre)
Love Hina (Again)
Magister Negi Magi (The Manga is better in my Opinion)

Negima (This is Magister Negi Magi too, but this one is from another Studio and the Quality how it was drawn is much better!)

Sakura Wars
Hellsing (OVA)

By the way my style (how i draw) is similar to those from Ken Akamatsu^^ (for 1 and half year) but now i created an own style (i hope that's my own ^^")

I aprove highly of this member!!

QuoteSuiseiseki and shinku are my favs there ^^

Recended! you damn red devil lover!!  Viva la junk!
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

NewYinzer

My most favorite anime (please hold your laughter until the end of the program):
1. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
2. Love Hina/Love Hina Again/Love Hina OVA's
3. Mahoromatic
4. Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu!
5. Rozen Maiden
6. Mahou Sensei Negima
7. Azumanga Daioh

BTW, Bandai is going to release Haruhi on DVD coming in late May:
http://www.asosbrigade.com/index.php

CaptBrenden

seems like a good list. havent seen the melancholy of harui suzumiya, but its licenced so i need to go find the DVDs..  the rest is good.  tho.. love hina again.. lacked compaired to the manga to a degree that is almost unforgivable -_-

Spysweeper

Well for me

Gantz
Melty blood
D.Grayman
Naruto
Bleach
Kinnikuman
Jojo's Bizzare Adventure
Hokuto no ken
Basilisk
Blade of the immortal
DBZ
Fate Stay night
Tenjho Tenge
hellsing
Trinitly Blood
Black Blood Brothers
Witchblade

Thats just a few

Thurosis

Quote from: CaptBrenden
Quote^^

QuoteSuiseiseki and Shinku are my favs there ^^

Recended! you damn red devil lover!!  Viva la junk!

AH ! I forgot to mention that i like Suigintou to! ^^ (sorry, i wrote that in hurry) ._.

1. Suiseiseki
2. Shinku/Suigintou  Yes i like them both same ^^
3. Souseiseki/Hinaichigo/Kanaria
4. Barasuishou

Added after 19 minutes:

Did i mention it before? that i'm a chinese man who live in Germany ?

I find those animes some kind funny , if they are related with the german language or thingsfrom Germany in some kind of way.^^

For Example in NGE (Neon Genesis Evangelion) the scene where Asuka talk to her friend in Germany (in german) or where she start EVA-02. She spoke that bad/worse that i didn't understand what she said o_o" but that was quite funny ^^

Hellsing (Manga and OVA) are related with german things in many ways ^^"

2nd World War german Vampire Soldiers (about 1000 Soldiers)  invade Great Britain, London   ;025  ;013 ....

Rozen Maiden : Shinku read German Books! (and thier last time where they was awaken was in Germany in the end  of the 2nd World War too!

Shaman King : Faust a (creazy) german doctor guy  ;013    

I think the japanese like German things! XD

Added after 2 hours 7 minutes:

Quote from: "C-Chan"

Now i found out where i can upload my pics ^^ i uploaded them to the user Gallery here

the folder is called "Thurosis" and the folder contains A LOT OF VIRUS!

NO, no, just a (bad) joke it contains pics from my Manga "Showdown in Wiesbaden" for a contest in germany.

but as I told before my changed my style of drawing (it doesn't look like those from Ken Akamatsu anymore (at least i hope it is so))

here the link to there: http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/thumbnails.php?album=73
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All Artists have their own individually styles and all drawings have their own good sides!

CaptBrenden

SOMEONE that has READ hellsing!!  Finaly! I posted a picture i found on net of Sugintou leading the Catholics from hellsing.. and everyone thought they were the KKK cus of those damn robes.

There is another picture i have floating around you may like too. It looks like a black and white photograph of some german soldiers posing in front of their tank,  but Sugintou was standing there next to them.  Unlike the other nazi-gin pictures some people have been shopping.. this one looks pretty good, and seems only to place her again.. somewhere in europe in WWII, and seemed to have made friends with a tank crew or something.  Pretty bad ass picture.  But as I mentioned before when I brought up that picture when I first found it... the occult was right up hitlers alley.. so a talking moving doll would be his sort of stuff.  Half contemplated a fan-fic or comic for Rozen Maiden placed WWII then.  

Anyhow,  Evangelion is one of my favorite shows. its a classic.    Asuka rates up there as an all time favorite character. I dont know if youve read it.. but there is now a manga out that takes place in the alternate world shows in either ep 25-26... where asuka is shinjis childhood friend, and he bumps into rei as an exchange student running to school.  Its more about the social interactions of the characters then the combat (tho there is some).  

Actually, nearly all of my favorite characters are the missunderstood bad girls with a soft side types.  Asuka, Evangeline, Kanako, Suigintou... whats the term? tsun-dere?  A character that normaly acts cold, that ocasionaly shows themselves to be very loving or something?

Finaly.. Im not the only one without a user gallery. C-Chan should have had one... I dont know why he dosent.. Still I must head off and comment on those at the erliest moment.

Thurosis

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"SOMEONE that has READ hellsing!!  Finaly! I posted a picture i found on net of Sugintou leading the Catholics from hellsing.. and everyone thought they were the KKK cus of those damn robes.

I thought Hellsing is a popular Manga ...
I want to see that pic! Can you tell me or send me that pic?

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"
There is another picture i have floating around you may like too. It looks like a black and white photograph of some german soldiers posing in front of their tank,  but Sugintou was standing there next to them.  Unlike the other nazi-gin pictures some people have been shopping.. this one looks pretty good, and seems only to place her again.. somewhere in europe in WWII, and seemed to have made friends with a tank crew or something.  Pretty bad ass picture.  But as I mentioned before when I brought up that picture when I first found it... the occult was right up hitlers alley.. so a talking moving doll would be his sort of stuff.  Half contemplated a fan-fic or comic for Rozen Maiden placed WWII then.  

I want to see that too! can you send me that to my E-Mail adress (pm me)

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"
Actually, nearly all of my favorite characters are the missunderstood bad girls with a soft side types.  Asuka, Evangeline, Kanako, Suigintou... whats the term? tsun-dere?  A character that normaly acts cold, that ocasionaly shows themselves to be very loving or something?

I notice that! i never missunderstood them, that's why i like Suigintou and (after you watched the Overtüre part) you know why Suigintou is so cold
(BTW only a few anime showed it like this am i right?)

CaptBrenden

Well alot of them show or explain the reason eventually.. just alot of readers are unforgivving at that point.  Also.. anime adaptations sometimes leave out back story like that too which villifys them.  Like Kanako... in the anime, love hina again, her reasons are so short and her development cut so much.. she was nothing more then say.. a antagonist... but in the manga she became one of the group just as much as any of the others.    Or eva chan in negima.. people warmed up to her some after she reveled her reasons for going after negi.. but as for her reasons for being an evil vampire mage.. those were only recently reveiled to the american readers (well those that dont reas aquastars scanlations)  and they are on volume.. 12?  she was introduced as a major character in volume 3?  

as for the pictures the were both in our random picture thread. they came up durring our Desu-gin alliance times.
here is the photo one

and the other:

Thurosis

those pics are awesome funny ^^

i always like fun-pics like this and  sometimes i think where do the people got such ideas?

do you remenber where you found it?

CaptBrenden

probobly on desuchans  junk board.

Nidas

Quote from: "Thurosis"shinku are my favs there ^^

You sicken me.

jk lol :p I just really hate shinku >: / Damn Red Menace Ã,¬_Ã,¬

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"probobly on desuchans junk board.

danbooru is also a great resource for RM pics. A lot of it is nsfw though, far more than on Desuchan

CaptBrenden

yes another reason you are my idol Nidas