zerOSanity!

Started by Aurora Borealis, September 09, 2006, 11:22:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

I feel like I'm neglecting my ZS.  Bad C-chan!  Bad piggy!  No treats for you!  >.<

Quote4.2-tan has the advantage over Mac System 5-tan by being able to meet outsiders, being visible and human! However she has to be cautious with pranking as she probably won't get away with it as nearly as well.

For one thing, we know she can't fly.  >v<

QuoteAnd unlike Mac System 6-tan, 4.4-tan does not need to deal with the likes of ANTI-tan or WDEF-tan! However... 4.4-tan is shorter and has to seem weaker and slower than she really is.

Shorter probably, but NOTHING with four pigtails can ever be weaker and slower.  ^^

QuoteSystem 6: I am so much better than that 4.4-bouzu! I am taller, faster, stronger and more dependable! I do not need to hold back in conflict either! And I have 6 pigtails! 1, 2, 3, 4, 6! Ha, I hear that's a BIG DEAL to her!

(4.2-tan appears in the background and bursts out laughing)

4.2: (approaches) And don't forget you're more scatterbrained! Tee hee!

Ah,.... 6-san has pigtails?  I thought it was all just straight out hair, based on how we did it in Mac Party......  @@'

Well,... once you past five, they're practically DREADLOCKS at that point.  ^^;

But yeah,...  it's a commonly-known fact that more pigtails=Win.

Look at mine....

*wags tail*

That means I was born with Win.  ^___^

Quote(The number skipping was intentional, btw!)

Invisible pigtail?  *GASP*  @@

QuoteYou mean zerOSanity is becoming more perverted? 0__0 (surely you mean Mac Party Redux?)

Oh, I'm sure I can pick up stuff that can look perverted,... if you tilt your head a certain way and squint REEEEEEEAL hard.  ^^'

But yeah, that's what I meant.  ^^;

QuotezerOSanity p.35: "Confusion is a state in the reunion"

HAHAHA! I made a reference to my original comic series in the title!
*ahem*

Some of the other Mac-tans (and Darwin OS-tan) encounter 4.2-tan and 4.4-tan! Mac System 2-tan (correctly) suspects who 4.2-tan and 4.4-tan really are! (but too bad no one would believe her. No one ever considers System 2! She is the totally misunderstood genius.)

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!  Awww man, how could I have not seen this earlier?  Aurora-hime, you have to start offering delivery service for your comics.  ^.^

This is an outright WONDERFUL way to introduce (well,... reintroduce,... except for 3-chan who still hadn't appeared in ZS) all the Classic Mac-tans!  ^v^
Also adds fuel to the mystery of what the middle number girls ate,... cause they're all so HUGE compared to their shrimpy older sisters.  @@'
Then everyone shrunk again,... then with the arrival of the OSX kitties everyone sprouted back up.  These genes are all out of whack, I tell ya....  ^^;

I love how 2-chan's raincoat even makes her look like a duck, and the cute way 1-chan introduces her in Newsspeak.  ^^

But the all-around CUTE prize has to go to my beloved 3-chan,...  She exhibits a level of shocking genkiness that can be felt on some Richter Scales!!  ^V^
And all the while maintaining that cutely antiquated feel that's SOOOO unlike kids these days.  I mean seriously, how many now keep scrapbooks? ^__^
(MySpace/Facebook pages don't count.... >.<)

QuoteA homicidal doctor! Whatever happened to the Hippocratic oath?! :P

Surprised you don't remember her.  She was one of Gus-san's last virus-tans.  ^^

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: "C-Chan"

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!  Awww man, how could I have not seen this earlier?  Aurora-hime, you have to start offering delivery service for your comics.  ^.^
Okay then. That will cost you $500 ;006

This is an outright WONDERFUL way to introduce (well,... reintroduce,... except for 3-chan who still hadn't appeared in ZS) all the Classic Mac-tans!  ^v^
Actually, 3-chan did get a cameo appearance on page 10 although she didn't get introduced until this page.

Also adds fuel to the mystery of what the middle number girls ate,... cause they're all so HUGE compared to their shrimpy older sisters.  @@'
There actually are some technical details behind that. For example, System 4.2 is 5x bigger than System 4.1!

Then everyone shrunk again,... then with the arrival of the OSX kitties everyone sprouted back up.  These genes are all out of whack, I tell ya....  ^^;
...Then back down again because of Puma-tan. Then back up then down again at least based on my guesses:

Cheetah: 175 cm
Puma: 137 cm
Jaguar: 167 cm
Panther: 173 cm
Tiger: 165 cm
Leopard: Varies but she is shown to be shorter than Tiger-tan.

btw, what are your guesses?

I love how 2-chan's raincoat even makes her look like a duck, and the cute way 1-chan introduces her in Newsspeak.  ^^
Glad you pointed that out- that was what I was going for! :D

QuoteBut the all-around CUTE prize has to go to my beloved 3-chan,...  She exhibits a level of shocking genkiness that can be felt on some Richter Scales!!  ^V^
And all the while maintaining that cutely antiquated feel that's SOOOO unlike kids these days.  I mean seriously, how many now keep scrapbooks? ^__^
Real scrapbooks seem to be a thing of the past these days ;__;
---

Updated zerOSanity the website again, summaries and character info are up to page 25 and all page titles so far are up (to page 43, the end of chapter 2)

And here's a hint to what the next page will be like: It will take a turn for the sappy!

Bella

QuoteOh, I'm sure I can pick up stuff that can look perverted,... if you tilt your head a certain way and squint REEEEEEEAL hard. ^^'

But yeah, that's what I meant. ^^;

Perverted humans!

QuoteThen everyone shrunk again,... then with the arrival of the OSX kitties everyone sprouted back up. These genes are all out of whack, I tell ya.... ^^;

Well, the OSXs technically aren't "Macs", they're Unixes. But I thought the Unixes were on the shorter side...except for the BSDs, which are quite tall...@___@

QuoteAnd all the while maintaining that cutely antiquated feel that's SOOOO unlike kids these days. I mean seriously, how many now keep scrapbooks? ^__^

Oooh, ooh, I kept a scrapbook! Several, actually. But...I'll let you guess what happened to that hobby. : \

QuoteSurprised you don't remember her. She was one of Gus-san's last virus-tans. ^^

Oh yeah, now I remember her!

QuoteThere actually are some technical details behind that. For example, System 4.2 is 5x bigger than System 4.1!

You mean, it took up 5x more disk space, or used 5x the memory?!

QuoteCheetah: 175 cm

I'd say that sounds about right...fun fact, though, I'm about the same height as Jaguar-tan (just a bit taller)!

QuoteAnd here's a hint to what the next page will be like: It will take a turn for the sappy!

Ooooh...

*gets pancakes ready*

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: BellaPerverted humans!

QuoteWell, the OSXs technically aren't "Macs", they're Unixes. But I thought the Unixes were on the shorter side...except for the BSDs, which are quite tall...@___@
Yeah, Although it works a lot like the Classic Mac OS on the surface and borrows heavily from it and I was and am aware of OSX's Unix origins, I didn't use to consider Mac OSX to be a Mac OS  but rather just some fancy Unix masquerading as a Mac OS. I confess, I was one of those disgruntled Mac OS 9 users who didn't upgrade by choice T__T

That suddenly made me think... Could the classic Windows OS be considered as some fancy DOS OS with a GUI? And that Windows NT and its descendants are remade variants of VMS?

And I thought that most of the Unixes were on the taller side 0__o. Ah well, it's natural for lineages to have their 'odd ones out', like how you described the Unix-tans having dark hair and glasses but there are major exceptions like the BSD-tans (except for NetBSD-tan), Darwin OS-tan, Solaris-tan and QNX-tan have bright colored hair and don't wear glasses (okay, although QNX-tan does)

QuoteYou mean, it took up 5x more disk space, or used 5x the memory?!
The system itself was 5x bigger but I do not know how much higher the hardware requirements were. They probably weren't much higher as 4.2 didn't exclude any further models (4.0 excluded the Mac 128k, 4.1 excluded the Mac 512k)

QuoteOoooh...

*gets pancakes ready*

Here you go!

p.36: "Relative theory"

For a moment, let's look at a couple OS-tans who are less fortunate and hardly or don't have a family...

ZS takes a turn for the sappy when Windows 2.0-tan appears and stumbles upon the crowd of Mac-tans (and Darwin-tan) happily chatting with each other, reminding her of a happy family she and Windows 1.0-tan have not had in a long long time! As she cries, Amiga-tan and Windows 1.0-tan appear to comfort her.

I also want to point out that the last panel is very important: As you may know, the Windows 1.0 and 2.0-tans were exiled and I assume they cannot be with their descendants. Although XP-tan is nearby, she is distracted and completely unaware of what was going on behind her.
---

next up: Another website-tan will be introduced into the series and she will interact with Toshiaki!

Siya

*sniff*  This page is a real tear-jerker.  

A real awesome tear-jerker!

Bella

QuoteBWAHAHAHA!

XD

QuoteYeah, Although it works a lot like the Classic Mac OS on the surface and borrows heavily from it and I was and am aware of OSX's Unix origins, I didn't use to consider Mac OSX to be a Mac OS but rather just some fancy Unix masquerading as a Mac OS. I confess, I was one of those disgruntled Mac OS 9 users who didn't upgrade by choice T__T

I didn't know you were a big fan of the Classic Macs. On the good side, however, I'm sure the OS Xs are quite a bit stabler....

QuoteThat suddenly made me think... Could the classic Windows OS be considered as some fancy DOS OS with a GUI? And that Windows NT and its descendants are remade variants of VMS?

I've always considered the 9x Windows family to be nothing but DOS with a GUI; I mean, it's not a very accurate description...a lot of features were added that made it separate from DOS, but then again they could be run in a DOS mode without the GUI...

And the NT OS family are quite stable and advanced compared to their 9x counterparts; I think this is because of its VMS heritage, although this really isn't anything that can be proven...

QuoteAnd I thought that most of the Unixes were on the taller side 0__o. Ah well, it's natural for lineages to have their 'odd ones out', like how you described the Unix-tans having dark hair and glasses but there are major exceptions like the BSD-tans (except for NetBSD-tan), Darwin OS-tan, Solaris-tan and QNX-tan have bright colored hair and don't wear glasses (okay, although QNX-tan does)

My reasoning behind believing a lot of the Unixes to be on the small side is because of Unix being a "small OS" ;)

Of course, this would really only apply to the original Unix, System V and Plan 9 side of the family; I suppose the BSDs would be quite tall, though (since BSD is considered more advanced and refined than System V Unix)

The dark hair and glasses thing was really just a reference to Unix-sama; but, I have to say, it's quite possible Solaris-tan wore glasses as a youth (back when she was SunOS-chan:)

http://pony.tail.net/toko/toko13.jpg

QuoteFor a moment, let's look at a couple OS-tans who are less fortunate and hardly or don't have a family...

ZS takes a turn for the sappy when Windows 2.0-tan appears and stumbles upon the crowd of Mac-tans (and Darwin-tan) happily chatting with each other, reminding her of a happy family she and Windows 1.0-tan have not had in a long long time! As she cries, Amiga-tan and Windows 1.0-tan appear to comfort her.

I also want to point out that the last panel is very important: As you may know, the Windows 1.0 and 2.0-tans were exiled and I assume they cannot be with their descendants. Although XP-tan is nearby, she is distracted and completely unaware of what was going on behind her.

Awww, poor 2.0-chan; when I heard this page was gonna be sappy, I should have known she'd be involved. I'm glad she has her mother, and has found a new family in the Benteji Renmei, though.

And I guess it's extra sad that XP-san is is the same room with 2.0-chan, and they don't even know of their relationship :..(

Favorite parts:
2.0-chan, of course! She's likely my favorite Windows-tan; if I may say it again, she's just manically delicious. Seeing Miggy, 1.0-tan, and 2.0-chan together is great, too; as is seeing the "traitor" XP-san listening to an iPod-tan! Haha! Even she's not fooled by the Zune.

C-Chan

QuoteOkay then. That will cost you $500

...Jamaican dollars?  ^___^

QuoteActually, 3-chan did get a cameo appearance on page 10 although she didn't get introduced until this page.

Time for a quick trip down memory lane.... ^^

Oh yeah, there she goes.  ^.^

QuoteCheetah: 175 cm

btw, what are your guesses?

Hmm....

*ponders

Varies

Right back at you.  What'cha think? ^__^

QuoteGlad you pointed that out- that was what I was going for!

QUACK QUACK!!!!  ^0^

QuoteWell, the OSXs technically aren't "Macs", they're Unixes. But I thought the Unixes were on the shorter side...except for the BSDs, which are quite tall...@___@

*thinks of Solaris, IRIX, BSD-sama, HP-UX, AUX, etc, etc,...*

Come again?  @v@;

QuoteOooh, ooh, I kept a scrapbook! Several, actually. But...I'll let you guess what happened to that hobby. : \

I'm surprised,... that's almost like photography.  ^^

QuoteBWAHAHAHA!

FOOBIES-chan looks a bit....... perverted there.  ^.^

QuoteYeah, Although it works a lot like the Classic Mac OS on the surface and borrows heavily from it and I was and am aware of OSX's Unix origins, I didn't use to consider Mac OSX to be a Mac OS but rather just some fancy Unix masquerading as a Mac OS. I confess, I was one of those disgruntled Mac OS 9 users who didn't upgrade by choice T__T

Yeah, I remember back when OSX was kinda like the "Vista" of its day.  So many die-hard Mac users seemed allergic to Cheetah-san,... with good reason, given her slight.... instability.... ^^'

QuoteThat suddenly made me think... Could the classic Windows OS be considered as some fancy DOS OS with a GUI? And that Windows NT and its descendants are remade variants of VMS?

Yeah, don't think its a matter of "could" rather than "is".  ^.^

Quotep.36: "Relative theory"

For a moment, let's look at a couple OS-tans who are less fortunate and hardly or don't have a family...

WOW!!!  This is an amazing panel!!  ^v^
It's a tearjerker yes, but so cute and charming!  And it has the greatest concentration of my favorite characters in it!!  Amiga-sama,... Win2.0-chan.... 1.0-san... 3.0-chan.  All the latest Macs!  Plus a witty cameo of Zune-chan!!!  

I'll take this panel by panel.... ^___^

#1:  You know I always love your Micro Chibis.  ^.^
But 2.0-chan especially looks adorable as one.  ^v^

#2,3,4:  NOOO!!! My poor 2.0-chan is crying!!  ;^0^;
Who made her cry?!!  UNFORGIVABLE!!!  ;>o<;

*grabs a club and searches for offenders*

#5:  AMIGA-sama!!!!!!!!!!!  ^V^

*EXPLODES*

What a fantastic pose of hers.  ^___^
And 1.0-san looks great too... I love how you made her speech true to character.  ^.^

#6: I'd be lucky to see those beauties comfort me as well.  ^v^

#7:  More Micro Chibi action.  ^____________^
I definitely love how XP-tan seems oblivious to everything, including the two media player-tans fighting on her shoulders.  ^.^

QuoteMy reasoning behind believing a lot of the Unixes to be on the small side is because of Unix being a "small OS"

Of course, this would really only apply to the original Unix, System V and Plan 9 side of the family; I suppose the BSDs would be quite tall, though (since BSD is considered more advanced and refined than System V Unix)

That's about right.  ^___^
It's no surprise that Plan 9 is short, since she's a lot closer to her mother than most of the modern Unices.  ^.^

QuoteThe dark hair and glasses thing was really just a reference to Unix-sama; but, I have to say, it's quite possible Solaris-tan wore glasses as a youth (back when she was SunOS-chan:)

Right on.  ^^

Bella

QuoteYeah, I remember back when OSX was kinda like the "Vista" of its day. So many die-hard Mac users seemed allergic to Cheetah-san,... with good reason, given her slight.... instability.... ^^'

This I didn't know, either...I mean, I had heard Cheetah was a bit rough to work with...

Little did they know that OS X would launch Apple back into consumer popularity ;)

QuoteThat's about right. ^___^
It's no surprise that Plan 9 is short, since she's a lot closer to her mother than most of the modern Unices. ^.^

Oh yeah...Plan 9-san is supposed to be, like, 5' 3''?

Alfamille

Quotep.36: "Relative theory"

---

next up on zerOSanity: Another website-tan will be introduced into the series and she will interact with Toshiaki!

Its been a long time since I saw her as one of C's illustration. I've always like how C designed her hair along with fair looks.

Good to see her in ZS. Being the one who knew everything about the Windows family from the beggining  ;010

Aurora Borealis

With my necromancy skillz, it lives once more!

However, ZS will be rewritten and simplified considerably. The storyline of the OS-tans on a summer vacation travel will be reduced or eliminated for reasons of simplicity:

1. Although it helped organize the gags, skits and randomness incorporated into ZS in the beginning, it started to get convoluted as I added in a lot of characters (which was one of the downfalls of the original ZS), so I decided to cut it out before it was too late.

2. Because events and characters' appearances were organized very specifically, if I wanted to add in some new characters or gags or whatever, I may have to squeeze them in more than 40 pages ahead of where I currently am. By reducing organization, I can squeeze in recently-thought up stuff much sooner than if I stayed with the organized storyline.

Page 36 was the end of ZS Redux chapters 1 and 2; page 37 is the start of zerOSanity 2.5 (containing the last few pages of what was originally still going to be in chapter 2) which will be the transition into "zerOSanity- Take 3" (chapter 3 and onwards, implementing the much simplified storyline I had in mind).

Pages 1-36 will still remain. It's just that these later pages will transition into and take a simplified approach.

I've also got back into working on ZS to balance out all the sappy stuff I have written. I really like sappyness but still being a cheesy comedy person, I feel the need to balance it out with... cheesy comedy!

page 37: "It takes just one to make a difference"

Don't be fooled by the inspirational-sounding title! This page is just as cheesy as most of ZS and even contains implied crude humor!

Toshiaki consults BBSpot-tan about proofreading his paper. BBSpot-tan notices a typo and laughs like crazy about it! Toshiaki is not amused though.

BBSpot-tan's rambling in the last panel explains the double meaning of the page title! (And that particular typo of the word 'public' really is a BBlooper that has occured multiple times)

Siya

IT LIIIIIVES!

...and a seesaw demon rejoiced! :D

Added after 3 minutes:

As much as the sacrifice of the storyline is going to be mourned, I understand how a faster-paced, gag-based comic would be a much more appropriate approach.  I can't wait to see what else the improved zerOSanity has in store for us!

NejinOniwa

"pubic download", Toshiaki?
*pff*
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

Hey, good to see a new page! I think it's good to try to go for a more simple approach, I really do...

Panel 1: Oooh, a very nice scene here with Toshiaki and BBSpot-tan. I'm really liking BBSpot-tan, she's cute in a way...
2: Much cuteness still...
3: Uh...oh...Toshiaki misspelled "public"? What could it be...Pulic?
*Thinks*
*Thinks*
*lightbulb goes of*
4: OHSHI-! I am feeling that my salty language and loose fanservice has had a most bad impression on Aurora-san. Forgive meeeeeeeeee!!!
5: Speaking of the very inspirational title, BBSpot-tan's speech here sounds like a public (oh gawd I hope I spelled this right) service announcement of sorts. Only YOU can stop embarrassing typos!

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: "Siya"IT LIIIIIVES!

...and a seesaw demon rejoiced! :D
IT'S ALIIIIIIIIIVE! MUAHAHAHA!

As much as the sacrifice of the storyline is going to be mourned, I understand how a faster-paced, gag-based comic would be a much more appropriate approach.  I can't wait to see what else the improved zerOSanity has in store for us!

I'm going to miss having the full storyline too. I have had a couple major plot twists even planned out too. Since this may not be implemented anyways, I will reveal some of the things I originally had in mind: Conflict with enemy characters!

That's right. Some serious conflicts between the OS-tans and a group of malicious hackers and their virus machines of doom (this was planned out back in 2006, before there were virus-tans). What I originally had in mind for chapter 4 involved the hackers attempting to take over television and brainwash the OS-tans to do their bidding.

The OS-tans all would have teamed up against the hackers in a televised, theatrical showdown!

Then, in what would have been chapter 5, the hackers would have returned again, this time attempting to take the OS-tans by brute force. Those remaining would have fought against the (then stronger) hackers to get the others back!

I'm just going to keep things moderately simple with a decentralized series of silly mini-plots! (but some continuity will still remain)

Quote from: "NejinOniwa""pubic download", Toshiaki?
*pff*
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

Ecchi thoughts are bad!

Quote from: "Bella"Hey, good to see a new page! I think it's good to try to go for a more simple approach, I really do...
I agree. But too bad it has taken me this long to try something more simple, considering that too often I am bogged down with overly ambitious and time-consuming ideas x__x

Panel 1: Oooh, a very nice scene here with Toshiaki and BBSpot-tan. I'm really liking BBSpot-tan, she's cute in a way...
2: Much cuteness still...
3: Uh...oh...Toshiaki misspelled "public"? What could it be...Pulic?
*Thinks*
*Thinks*
*lightbulb goes of*
Aha!

4: OHSHI-! I am feeling that my salty language and loose fanservice has had a most bad impression on Aurora-san. Forgive meeeeeeeeee!!!
Not really. I do have a crude sense of humor as well. I've just felt more daring lately, straying away from the silly cheesy comedy for just a little bit. Page 36 took a turn for the sappy! And now page 37 took a turn for the umm... crude!

But page 38 will be back to the random cheesyness!

5: Speaking of the very inspirational title, BBSpot-tan's speech here sounds like a public (oh gawd I hope I spelled this right) service announcement of sorts. Only YOU can stop embarrassing typos!

P-U-B-L-I-C. Very good!

NejinOniwa

QuoteEcchi thoughts are bad!

I think elsewise! >:3
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS