July 22, 2019, 08:58:32 am

Post your desktop

Started by Q4(V), March 20, 2006, 12:30:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Penti-chan

Nice quad monitor setup :O
(Also I like that Garfield LOL)

My desk (Also a vintage Garfield thrown in, because yes)

Seren

The last 3 years since I've posted here while I was a newbie to this forum, I decided to post here. Did improve my reply on using common sense. So it's nice for me to be back here, like the bug has been fixed when I tried posting a reply.

Also nice setup you got there @Penti

Seren#6998 is the discord

Goujer

Seren

I haven't tried it @Goujer

Maybe I will at the moment.
Seren#6998 is the discord

MechaNebula

Casual member

Goujer

You all have such clean desktops.

Exa

Triplex

So this is my desktop with nothing opened on workspace 1 which displays on my main monitor and steam opened on my steam workspace. I use a tiling window manager called i3 on Arch Linux.
I'm just a guy who uses Arch Linux, wears trenchcoats, and loves girls who are tomboys.

Bella

Halian

Wallpaper is a shot of various properties on International Drive in Orlando, FL.

Penti-chan

Is that an XP skin for (I'm guessing) Windows 10?

Halian

Yup. :D The taskbar skinning is done with Open-Shell, though.

Triplex

Everyone else runs Windows while I run Linux with the i3 window manager, why doesn't anyone else here use Linux as a daily driver?
I'm just a guy who uses Arch Linux, wears trenchcoats, and loves girls who are tomboys.

Bella

Speaking personally - I ran Linux on my main computer for maybe a year or so back in 2009. Windows XP sucked (this is the truth and I'm not sorry to say it) and I couldn't afford a Mac yet, so Linux was the best choice with regards to stability and security. I also didn't game, or make art on proprietary software, so I wasn't losing out on anything there.

10 years have passed and a lot has changed. I've moved from Linux to Mac to Windows as my needs have adapted. I've never had a single issue with Windows 10 - so I'm sticking with it. I like the driver support, and the game support, and the ease of use. I code and work/fight with Linux servers all day by profession, at the end of my workday I just want to relax, unwind with my games or some painting in Photoshop, and let my computer take care of itself. Windows lets me do that. Mac and Linux currently do not.

That said, Linux is a peerless server OS and I wouldn't run anything else on my webserver. I also really like Mac as a dev environment and would choose it over Linux or Windows. Different tools for different jobs.

Penti-chan

I run Linux Mint on my laptop, if that counts
(I also have Windows 10 on there on a secondary hard drive, for the rare instances where I need Windows on the go)