Post your desktop

Started by Q4(V), March 20, 2006, 11:30:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

You came to the wrong neighborhood.

Quote from: Krizonar on July 11, 2012, 05:40:25 PM
The pinnacle of awkwardness of use.

Every time I see the Windows 8 start screen, I think MS Bob.

stewartsage

Nichi

So, I finally have full color pictures of Windows NT 5 build 1515 (For those who may have lost track, it's an early alpha of Windows 2000); by way of the same drivers that allowed me to run NT 3.51 in full color (Which are compatible with every NT-based version of Windows, all the way up to 7. Quite nice)

First off, the logo:

Second up, login screen:

Now, the desktop:

Lastly, the really cool Explorer setup

Next time, I'll have some color pics of other builds of Windows 2000...aside from the final version, of course; we all know what that looks like :3

Nichi

Taking a short break from NT 5 (I don't have that many more pics to show), I decided to show off Windows 2000...in Japanese!

First off, initial boot (Before the splash screen. Left is English, right is Japanese):

I actually kind of like the way the Japanese boot looks; reminding me of the failsafe version of Fedora's boot screen (Which I often see on Virtualbox and older desktops)

Now, the desktop:

I sadly was unable to obtain a Japanese edition of Firefox 12 (The last version that would run on Windows 2000), so I went with the English release I had on hand; which works perfectly fine. In a way, it's a little surreal; I don't know how to read Japanese, yet I've used Windows 2000 so much that I generally know what I'm doing even if I can't read what it says ^_^;

Bella

Some sweet Cinnamon-y Ubuntu.

Nichi

Ooh; I like that interface *__*

That one will go on the list with MATE on "Linux interfaces to try out"

Nichi

I just realized, it's new wallpaper time ^_^;;

For 2k, going with some Touhou (I believe it's Touhou, at least; correct me if I'm wrong. I do remember that it was found in a topic of Touhou wallpapers on 4chan a while back)

For Nimue, the background I use for my Tumblr

For Asagi, the wallpaper I previously used on Bulbasaur

As a bonus, Fedora + LXDE = <3

Bella

Cinnamon is pretty nice, I've only been using it for a day or so but I don't have any complaints so far.

Ubuntu and Snow Leopard's love/hatechild.

Nichi

Cool ^_^

Of the interfaces I've tried out, I've actually come to like LXDE more than XFCE, although I still intend on trying out MATE; because of how much I loved GNOME 2.x

Dr. Kraus

New visual style, now I'm a cool kid~

Updated as of 8-16-2012:

New f2k skin, need to work on it a little more to get it to look right but its fine as it is for now.

stewartsage

Bella

Do you have a source on that image?

EDIT:

Nichi

@Bella: Pretty *w*

Anyway, here's what the desktop on the laptop I'm fixing up for Kari looks like, for anybody who might be curious

Bella

My first non-virtualized Windows screencap in PYD since.... way back.
Also, I love this background. It's like the best picture of Kusanagi Motoko ever~

stewartsage