Post your desktop

Started by Q4(V), March 20, 2006, 11:30:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

Nichi

After a nap, 2k has returned

Here's what her wallpaper was set to, while I was setting her up (I believe Red sent me this wallpaper)

Now, with everything pretty much ready, I decided to reuse my wallpaper I was using on 2k's previous setup with Fedora

stewartsage

A return to historical desktops.

Bella

What's going on in that painting?

[Just imagine an SL screencap here 'cause I'm too lazy to take one atm]

stewartsage

It's the battle of Guilford Courthouse.

Bella

Mac OSX 10.6 running Bernhard Baehr's PDP-8/E Simulator.  Here it's being prepped to run OS/8.

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Nichi

Dr. Kraus

I'm liking this background on my laptop, just fits with its overall design.

stewartsage

Nichi

Since I finally got it to work, here's a picture showing off Windows NT 5.0 (Build 1515) side-by-side with the finished version (Windows 2000 <3)

Note the "Show Desktop" icon on the taskbar in NT 5.0; located in the exact same spot as it is on Windows 7

This is what Windows Explorer looks like. Different than what we're used to out of 2k:

Speaking of 2000, if you try to upgrade directly to it from NT 5.0, it pops up this error:

Same thing if you try to upgrade to Whistler. XP's installer will not start, Vista's installers spews out errors, and Neptune doesn't care what you're running currently; she's ready to install.

Red-Machine

Isn't the startup sound awesome?
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Nichi

I think this was before NT 5.0 had the cool startup sound, since it was the very first build of it. Either way, I can't hear it; the Virtualbox sound drivers won't install >_<

stewartsage