Post your desktop

Started by Q4(V), March 20, 2006, 11:30:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brougeXP22

i knew about the xbox-linux mod but not about the MP3 players. I still use windows and probably won't use linux till i get my new comp. Plus what is lindows?

Silentbob

Lindows is now called Linspire.   It's a Linux distro.   In the beginning it tried to provide easy Windows compatibilty from within Linux using Wine.  But that's not the goal anymore, now they just aim to make their distro as easy to use as possible.   It's not free, the cheapest version costs about $50.   I've never tried it.  There is a free version called Freespire also, but I haven't tried that one either.

brougeXP22

thanks. lol i want to be a linux expert before i graduate next year that way i can make money fixing windows PCs and linux PC's.

C-Chan

Bless your heart, XP #22. ^__^

It's great to learn Linux just for the sake of learning how operating systems function in general.  The SUSE Linux GUI is intuitive enough, but if I really want to get some serious customization done, I have to get my hands dirty.  To the point where I can return to my Windows machine and laugh at the claustrophobic simplicity.... ^___^'

BTW, after I've gotten a feel for SUSE, I'd love to try this one out....

http://www.aros.org/

It's all AmigaBob's fault,... his uncontrollable cool factor has fired up an interest in any kind of Amiga-like operating system I can get my hands on....  ^.^

C-Chan added the following  1 minute after last message :

BTW, I've give some thought to a Freespire-tan to accompany Linspire-tan, but anyone else have any ideas of your own on how she should look like?  ^__^

Silentbob

My Windows desktop is boring (maybe I should spruce it up with the C64/Amiga wallpaper C-Chan made :))

Anyway, here a desktop I set up in WinUAE, to show that "classic type" (ie. non-PPC) Amigas can have cool desktops too!  (Yes that's the equivalent of WinAmp running, the Amiga can play MP3s, as well as display all kind of picture formats and surf the internet the same way as any other respectable computer ;) ).

[attachment deleted by admin]

GHNeko

C-Chan

................................... O.O

SilentBob,..... what did I tell you about being too cool?!  OvO
My brain simply can't take such an incomprehensible level of awesomeness!

Before I perish, must update the list in apprecation of:

a) Posting your Amiga desktop
b) Posting it with AmigaAMP
c) Praising Amiga as the respectable platform that it is.

and of course

d) Posting my latest pic for everyone in this thread to see!  ^v^

So here...

C-Chan's Coolest Forum-Goer Chart
========================

1st place - SilentBob
2nd place - everybody else
3rd place - forum lurkers

Welcome back on top, my friend!  ^v^

Niow then, fare thee well for a while!  ^__^

*brain explodes*

Sorry for the mess....  x.x'

*swoons*

Silentbob

Thank you, C-Chan.     You're inflating my ego so much, soon it won't fit in my apartment.   :P

I'd like to get all this over to my A1200, but before I can do that, I have to put it in a tower case, get a better CPU and lots of hardware such as graphics card and 16-bit sound card.  Unfortunately, it's as you know, quite pricey, but maybe one day I can put some spare cash aside.   Anything for my dear Amiga, I won't leave it for dead!  \o/

NewYinzer

Amiga computer? Sweet!
*thinks*
BTW, I hope you aren't the same person as this Silent Bob:

C-Chan

*C-chan merges back together a la T1000"

Phew, that was intense.... ^__^

Well, 'nuff swooning....  -v-

I can never match AmigaBob's insurmountable "Sugoiness", but at least I can work hard to be second best....  ^v^

Behold!  My  SUSE machine is back on line and with a somewhat predictable facelift,...!  ^v^'

Please lift heaven and earth to keep your A1200 going strong.  ^__^
And NewYinzer,... what blasphemy dost thou speaketh and posteth?  `v'

*sigh*  Fine, I'll let it slide for now cause "yinz" called Amiga-chan sweet.  ^v^

'kay now, enough hardware repairs and fawning!

Off to rest!  ^V^

*slumps over keyboard and snores*

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

Silentbob

Quote from: "NewYinzer"Amiga computer? Sweet!
*thinks*
BTW, I hope you aren't the same person as this Silent Bob:

Nah, I don't look a whole lot like Kevin Smith at all. Hehe.   The SilentBob nick is just something I've been using on forums lately, I had just watched a Smith movie when I started using it. =)

SleepyD

Amiga is t3h cute. ^^

in any case, back on topic.

C-Chan

*engulfed in flames*  GAAAAAAAAH!!! SLEEPYD!!!!!  \ _ /

DID YOU JUST CALL MY BELOVED C64/AMIGA-INFUSED LINUX DESKTOP OFF-TOPIC?!!!!  \ o /

YURUSEN!!!!!!   \ . /

INITIATING PIGGY MADNESS SYNDROME!!!  \ 0 /

PREPARE TO BE STRUCK DOWN BY THE DREADED PMS!!!  \ _ /

*cools off*  ......."PMS", oh dear gawd,....  Ã,¬__Ã,¬
*sweatdrops*

Must remember to fire the writers....  -____-'

Okay fine, you can go off with just a warning for now.  ^__^

That desktop pic you have is cute, btw, a nice variation of the one with all the Windows-tans running.
Where'd you get it from, and have you uploaded it to the Gallery yet?  ^v^

SleepyD

....so that's how you upload things to the gallery... XD;;
Done, done, and done.  Yinzer seems to have uploaded the first part already...

I wonder if they put rationality into medicine... XD;  Let thy angry PMS-ing side of know that I was referring to the Kevin Smith tangent. ^^

....could someone identify the sabas for me? my knowledge there is lacking.

brougeXP22

Just for my own benefit: who on this site (that's active) is female?  ;013