What anime are ya watching?

Started by SleepyD, August 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goujer (she/her)

Things don't get weird till 3.33

zwakbs3

I'm currently watching Lucky Star and Touhou: Fantasy Kaleidoscope ~The Memories of Phantasm~. Both are really goddamn good, although it's sad to know that Lucky Star is still stuck in a hiatus (the manga version), and Fantasy Kaleidoscope will end after the Mountain of Faith arc :(
fun is fun

Goujer (she/her)

I need to get to watching Lucky Star. It seems up my ally

Nichi

I watched Lucky Star back in high school and loved it. The OVA is also really fun, too, and well worth a watch after you finish the series.

So lately I've gotten into Squid Girl, and am really enjoying it; just something light and silly to watch when unwinding after work. As for a more serious series, I'm finishing up Initial D: Fourth Stage; need to track down fansubs of the final two seasons, as they never dubbed anything past Fourth Stage.

Zacian King of Windows

What about My Hero Academia why doesn't anyone talk about that anymore...?
This forum may be dead, but I will not give up hope to bring some life back into this poor forum we must save! ITS NOT TOO LATE TO SAVE THIS SITE! SAY IT WITH ME!
https://i3.kurocore.com/i/sm/20140408005613/42769599-0.jpg

Nichi

Quote from: Zacian King of Windows on June 10, 2022, 06:55:42 PMWhat about My Hero Academia why doesn't anyone talk about that anymore...?

I have some friends that absolutely love it still. I like what I've seen, but need to find the time to sit down and start watching it from the beginning lol
(Admittedly I have a pretty hefty backlog of anime I want to watch)

Goujer (she/her)

I've always felt mixed on My Hero, it seems really good and well made but I'm not sure if it's the kind of anime I'd be into. That said I should at least watch one episode before I make that kind of opinion.

rikafurudae

currently watching Girls last tour, I will probably finish off nichijou afterward and then I might watch something like Yuru Camp.
Yo

Hālian He/him

The last one that I started watching is Komi Can't Communicate, which I rather liked; unfortunately, I no longer have Netflix access.

Nichi

About a month ago I finished watching Serial Experiments Lain for the first time. I enjoyed it a lot more than when I attempted to watch it back in the day; once it hooked me, I had a hard time putting it down.

I also finished season 2 of Squid Girl, which was just as fun as the first.

Chocofreak13

RE: Boku no Hero - one of my besties ADORES this series, so i occasionally receive info about it via osmosis. the list of anime she watches is much smaller than mine, so she tends to be a super devoted fan. which rocks, and she's cosplayed some of the characters before. that said, i like it too (i actually named this laptop after one of my favourite characters, lol), but it's MASSIVE and until i can score another job, getting the manga is out of the question. iirc, i pirated the first two seasons (and the movie?? i need to check), but between ADD and a toxic upbringing, forcing myself to sit down and actually watch a thing tends to be hard. exceptions seem to be made when i find a series that i want to watch over, and over, and over (see: Golden Kamuy).

finally sat down and watched In This Corner (And Other Corners) Of The World the other day, and extended cut means extended tears!! i remember the manga and the first cut of the movie fucking me up, but this one did MUCH worse, for some reason, so i ended up having to stay up an hour later than i intended so i could cleanse my palate in an emotional sense. i was literally like "i don't know what to do.....what do i put on.....", since watching a gag series or something mindlessly wholesome after that just felt wrong. i'm still kinda sad, and probably will be for at least a week. still love and stan the crap out of that movie/manga, though.

looking forward to Golden Kamuy S4 next month, and there's a Taisho series that Hal told me about, so there's that. gotta watch SpyxFamily, too. :0
click to make it bigger

Nichi

So I finished Chargeman Ken a few days ago. That show was really dumb but hella fun; whenever I thought I had seen everything the show had to offer as far as weird plots and jank, it manages to throw a curveball and keep me hooked. It's worth watching at least a couple episodes, just to experience it.

Chocofreak13

rewatching Taisho Otome Otogibanashi, and torrented a bunch of series today. ^^
click to make it bigger

Hālian He/him

Nothing right now, but here's what's at the top of my to-watch list, in no particular order:

• KonoSuba
  • Saki
  • Serial Experiments Lain
  • Ghost Stories
  • Ronin Warriors
  • Revolutionary Girl Utena
  • Baccano!
  • Combat Mecha Xabungle
  • Everything Digimon
  • Fullmetal Alchemist (2003)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
  • Naruto Kai (a fan edit of the series where each episode corresponds to a chapter of the manga)
  • Noir
  • Outlaw Star
  • Rebuild of Evangelion
  • Slayers
  • Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann