What anime are ya watching?

Started by SleepyD, August 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

You know, as far as old anime, although I have seen older (Urusei Yatsura, for example), I considered watching the original '84 version of You Wa Shock Fist of the North Star, once I finish catching up on Jojo.

Exa

Well, for quite a time, I mostly watched ongoing stuff, but then I was like, I should not ignore older shows, thus, I ended up picking from them, too, creating a healthy balance of old and current. I guess it's fair.

Nichi

That makes sense, yeah; I mean, there was a point where I was juggling Ben-To and Cowboy Bebop -w-

Chocofreak13

i've reached the end of the translated episodes of Aishite for now, so i'll likely start watching something a little more recent soon. -w-;
click to make it bigger

L33t 4g3nt

So many new anime series out this past year. Which ones are actually worth watching?

LeaflameSD

Quote from: L33t 4g3nt on November 30, 2015, 03:15:39 AM
So many new anime series out this past year. Which ones are actually worth watching?
opm :v)

Goujer (she/her)

One Punch Man for the win.
After taking a Japanese class watching anime without subtitles is like:

Chocofreak13

if you like Shojo or comedy in the slightest, ORE MONOGATARI I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH.

like, seriously, Ore Monogatari (Spring 2015) has been eaten up by the kids in both anime clubs i moderate and the manga has, too. i ADORE it. and it has some action sprinkled in, too, just to make sure it's not all fluffy-goo-goo. (though, admittedly, the comedy helps take care of that, too, and there's more of it.)

Kyoukai no Rinne (Spring 2015) is the latest offering from Rumiko Takahashi, so you can't really go wrong with that one.

Re-Kan (Spring 2015) looked pretty cute...

Shokugeki no Souma (Spring 2015) seems like a good title, too, but be prepared for some fanservice.

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime (Summer 2015) sounds fucking hilarious. xD

Gakkou Gurashi (Summer 2015) is cute and it turns the zombie survival genre on its head. a good blend of mindfuck and slice-of-life. :0

there was another Lupin III anime in Summer 2015, if that's your thing....

One Punch Man and Young Black Jack seem to be the only halfway decent offerings from Fall, imo. there's a few others that look good, but they're either super-specialized (idk your tastes) or are a continued season. all the rest is fanservice. hope this helps. :\

EDIT: @Lego: years of self-study and immersion has led to that for me as well. it's fun when listening to songs, since you can pick up one or two and you feel all smart. ^^
click to make it bigger

Nichi

So, I just recently began to watch the first season of Love, Chunibyo, & Other Delusions (Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!). I'm only 2 episodes in right now, but so far, it's good; I plan to finish this up before I resume my review of Rugrats -w-

Remilia

I'm currently watching Teekyu, which is... not an anime about tennis. I accidentally watched five seasons of it in one day (each episode is about 2 minutes long).

I also started watching No Game No Life, of which I've only seen four episodes so far.

Exa

With the new season started, I decided to fill up my watchlist, too.
The second season of Gate was a given, of course, and I picked up Sekkou Boys (for its odd sense of humour), Dimension W (for its interesting-sounding concept) and Active Raid (the base idea sounds like something I would have fun with).

LeaflameSD

musaigen no phantom world

god mai has some nice tits

NAFTA

Man, with Sekkou Boys we were so close to getting a vaporwave anime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpnQuqmmHKY

Exa

Quote from: Ye Olde Swagfag on January 18, 2016, 11:42:21 AM
musaigen no phantom world

god mai has some nice tits

Apparently, every season needs some token busty chick. There was Sento, Hestia and now Mai. I see a pattern here, heh.

Quote from: NAFTA on January 18, 2016, 05:09:34 PM
Man, with Sekkou Boys we were so close to getting a vaporwave anime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpnQuqmmHKY

Yeah, it's easy to crack a few A E S T H E T I C S jokes on it (I did that too, to be fair), but it's also funny on its own - it's definitely not for everyone, though.

Chocofreak13

the kids are almost done with Ore Monogatari! likely going to show them Akagami no Shirayukihime next, but i haven't seen it yet and dunno if it'll test well. :0
click to make it bigger