What anime are ya watching?

Started by SleepyD, August 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

finished Nichibros s1 with OVA specials, working my way through the Croisee specials since i didn't realize there were so many.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Just finished ep6 of Rayearth. The part of the Saturn game based around this episode was really cool *w*

Also finished ep6 of FMA Brotherhood. It's nearing the point that things start to get new an exciting

Simonorged

Working on finishing Baccano!
Simon was here :P

LeaflameSD

Ep.21 of Maico 2010. Just 3 more episodes to go.
I wanted to cry ;^;

Started watching the original Yu-Gi-Oh! today.
And I have 3 more episodes of Protective Charm Himari to go.

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

Oh, that's about
Spoiler: ShowHide
a boy called Yuto Amakawa, who's parents have died in a car crash.
He has a strage amulet to remember them by.
His childhood friend Rinko has always taken care of him.
Then on his 16 birthday he meets Himari

So far it's pretty good. If you like lots of fanservice and junk then this is for you.

*wooh!* So I finished Maico 2010 today.
Pretty enjoyable ^^

Chocofreak13

lol, maybe i'll check it out.

more croisee specials. i only have one left. new review drops in a few hours.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Just finished episode 6 of Rayearth, and episode 6 of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Some things I noticed on them:
Magic Knight Rayearth - Episode 6: ShowHide
In this episode, our heroines receive their weapons...which are noticeably different from what they receive in the Sega Saturn game. All 3 have swords in the anime, while in the game, they just have upgraded versions of the weapons they borrowed; so while Hikaru still has a longsword, Umi has a rapier and Fuu has a bow and arrow.

To me it makes more sense to have varied weapons; so you have one with ranged attacks, one with fast close-range attacks, and one with powerful close-range attacks. It's just a minor note; still enjoying it, although I find it strange for all of them to have the same weapon.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 6: ShowHide
Given how I'm still in that awkward "just the important parts of the first 20 episodes of the original 2003 series in half the time" part of Brotherhood, this episode was a 2-for-1 package; cramming together episodes 14 and 17 of the previous series into a single package. From a production standpoint, I can understand them wanting to rush through what the original series already went over, to get to the new material, but from a story perspective it moves a bit too fast; never really giving time for anything to build up.

One thing that was jarring was the change in Winry's personality; how she wasn't a tsundere in this series. It's honestly like she was an entirely different character who fills the same role, so it'll be interesting to see how she acts later into the series.

I'm getting close to where the two series branch off; which I estimate to be roughly at episode 10

LeaflameSD

So I downloaded and watched the first episode Hand Maid Mei yesterday.
Spoiler: ShowHide
It has boobs and pantsu and stuff.

And Yu-Gi-Oh! S0 episode 5.

Chocofreak13

i remember Hand Maid May.....good show. very early 00's. but unlike other series of the period it didn't completely suck. xD (in fact, it didn't really suck at all. :3 )

Chrome Shelled Regios ep 1.

EDIT: up through Regios ep 4.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Today, watched:

- episode 7 of Digimon Adventure 01
- episode 8 of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
- episode 12 of Soul Eater

Chocofreak13

i was up through ep 9 of Regios yesterday. tomorrow i'll watch 10.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Just finished episode 10 of FMA Brotherhood

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 10: ShowHide
So, this is it; the episode where Maes Hughes is murdered. Far from an episode I was looking forward to; since he is a favorite character of mine. Part of me was uneasy about this version; given how, so far, one of my main issues with Brotherhood has been its tendency to skim over things from the '03 series without giving it time to really build any weight or suspense, plus the fact it uses chibi scenes twice as often as Magic Knight Rayearth (While it works for some parts, like in an earlier episode when Ed has a comical grin on his face when he is officially given the codename "Fullmetal", there are other points where it really clashes with the mood; like the sudden chibi scene when Ed's automail breaks while inside Laboratory 5). So, part of me went in expecting this episode to piss me off.

However, it was handled with dignity. His death actually felt like it had more weight to it than the '03 series did; as they actually expanded upon the scene with his final stand and, given the symbolism of his blood spilling over the picture he carried of him and his family, made the scene have more of an emotional impact, followed up with the funeral scene topping off all the feels.

Just, wow.

For anyone interested, I also watched episode 8 of Magic Knight Rayearth. To be lite on spoilers, let's just say I saw what this episode was going to do from a mile away, yet it still managed to be enjoyable and also somewhat emotional. I say somewhat, because coming into it after that episode of FMA makes it seem a bit weak by comparison, but taken as it is, it's still sad.

Chocofreak13

caught the tail end K-ON! episode on TV the other day.

saw 2 and a half episodes of Nichibros in club today.
click to make it bigger

Chocofreak13

so i'm NEVER getting anything from Hadena again. i'm actually tempted to go through my anime library and delete all the Hadena stuff just for posterity. >>;;;;;

http://www.crymore.net/2012/01/23/the-horrors-of-helping-hadena/
click to make it bigger