What anime are ya watching?

Started by SleepyD, August 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleepyD

finished YuruYuri. I think I might start watching Precure only in the mornings, if only to give me that nostalgic feeling of watching kids shows early in the morning. (I used to regularly wake up at 6:30 in the morning when I was little, what kind of madness is that?)

Should finish Saki: Achiga-hen, since I don't think the subber that was subbing my copy is doing anything anymore, and I've lost my patience. So that trumps my OCD tendency to stick to one subber for a series.

Quote from: Bella on April 20, 2013, 10:47:42 PM
THE ENGLISH DUB IS WEIRD:
-HERMES' VA IS KIND OF IRRITATING.
-KINO'S VA IS OBNOXIOUSLY ATTRACTIVE LIKE WTF HOW CAN SUCH AN ANDROGYNOUS/NONSEXUAL CHARACTER HAVE SUCH A SEXY VOICE??!?

ALSO: THIS SHOW IS PHILOSOPHICAL. AS. FUCCCCCCCCCK.

SORRY FOR ALLCAPS, I'M JUST SO EXCITED I HAVEN'T WATCHED THIS SERIES IN SO LONG AND IT'S ONE OF MY FAVORITES. ;^;
I remember watching the dub on my DVDs. It's really weird. I never got used to Hermes' voice, myself.

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on April 20, 2013, 10:49:59 PM
strange, someone was just mentioning to me that if i find ANYTHING kino no tabi at the con, to get it for them. now if only i could remember tho that was. :0
This figure was my first figure, and one of my treasures: http://myfigurecollection.net/item/142

LeaflameSD

Downloaded a 90s OVA you haven't watched (Hopefully), Video Girl A.I.

Chocofreak13

@leaf: ARE YOU SPYING ON MY SERIOUSLY I JUST DOWNLOADED THAT YESTERDAY
(read the first volume of the manga at AB 3 years ago).

@sleepy: niiiiice, though i doubt i'll be able to find something like that at an affordable price. ^^;

finished Sekirei Season 1. fanservice heavy but damn was that fun. ^^
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

@Choco:

I CAN READ MINDS~

So Android Ana Maico 2010 Ep.11.
Omamori Himari Ep.6.

Also Pretty Cure, the 4kids dub, is it good? :\

Chocofreak13

AUGH

and stay FAR away from PreCure. it's gone on SO LONG ><;
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

Chocofreak13

i've never seen the series. but it is to magical girl series what pokemon is to creature anime. :\
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

That's an insult to pokémon. At least they have some good parts to back them up...

Precure is cancer.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

stewartsage

I saw Sekirei season one a while ago, I should really get back and watch season two.  That basic 'fanservice heavy but fun' assessment is accurate, I feel.

NejinOniwa

I also felt that the "decent idea but boring to make a sequel to" assessment I did of it was also quite accurate...

Chocofreak13

@stew: thanks, i concur. :3
@nej: the manga is still going and they have made a video game of it. it's basically a franchise at this point and there's still potential for a S3.
tbh if you found the second season boring it could be that you found that arc of the story boring. tbh i want to see some of the things resolved (including the stuff i lightly spoilered for myself). :\

now i need to figure out what to watch next. for some reason i was never keen on watching the next season after the first, it's like i need a pallette cleanser in between. :\
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

Maico 2010 Ep.12.
Was a weird episode.

And the first English episode of the OVA, Video Girl AI.

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Spamming F5 at TT's front page
I NEED MY FUCKING RAILDEX AND I NEED IT NOW

LeaflameSD

Yu-Gi-Oh! DM Episode 9.
Kaiba is no script kiddie when it comes to hacking huh?

Also Maico 2010 Ep.13.