What anime are ya watching?

Started by SleepyD, August 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeaflameSD

Looking at upcoming anime on AniChart and I don't know what is good and what isn't.

Chocofreak13

i should have a look at that at some point.

watched Night on the Galactic Railroad yesterday, but was too busy to review it. need to watch Perfect Blue tonight and possibly Metropolis if i have time. if not, that gets watched tomorrow night.
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

Nearly done watching Beyblade: Shogun Steel.

Everytime I watch an episode, I get fired up, I swear (>u>)

Chocofreak13

noice, bro.

started watching Sankarea with Steve. also started watching Code-E on my own.

dunno if i posted about it here but the rest of the classics week reviews went up on the blog.

http://kkanimereviews.blogspot.com/2014/12/night-on-galactic-railroad.html
http://kkanimereviews.blogspot.com/2014/12/perfect-blue.html
http://kkanimereviews.blogspot.com/2014/12/metropolis.html
http://kkanimereviews.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-girl-who-leapt-through-time.html

later on tonight there'll be another review, and another next tuesday.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Cool :3

So, I started the MapleStory anime...and after just one episode, I'm wondering if I made the right decision. It's so dull and generic thus far; it feels like the source material in a way that leaves me wondering why I'm watching this instead of playing the game. However, I'll try to finish it so I can write a review; after all, maybe it just got off to a bad start and gets better once I get further into it. Hopefully. -w-;

Chocofreak13

if you don't finish it, i'll review it at some point. though tbh i'd like to see your take on it. :0

watched another episode of Code-E and the OVA Boku, Otaryman. i'll be reviewing things soon, i promise ;^;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Mmm. Code-E does look interesting :3

As for MapleStory, indeed; since this review will be coming from the point of view of someone that's played the game for 5+ years. I admit, I've done further research and discovered some things from the series, such as the World Tree, do exist in the game, but not as shown in the series (In the anime, it's a literal tree, while in the game, it's the name of a mysterious little girl, ala Aura). I'm about 5 episodes in so far, and it's still yet to truly wow me; it honestly isn't as good as its American counterpart, MapleStory: New Leaf Saga (A Flash-animated web series that ran from 2010 to 2012), which was a charming, humorous series that wasn't afraid to poke fun at its source material.

Chocofreak13

do we have a full version of that? because that'd make for a nice second half of a review set.
click to make it bigger

Exa

Alright, I started the Kantai Collection anime, after hearing all kinda stuff about the franchise, but never playing it myself.

My first impressions are surprisingly positive. So far it looks like they did put effort into the battle scenes, too, not just the slice-and-life scenes. Some of the characters are kinda weird for now, but  I might get used to them. Hope this first ep was not just baiting watchers and then following it with low quality stuff, but we will see.

sks963

Quote from: Exa on January 08, 2015, 03:09:58 AM
Alright, I started the Kantai Collection anime, after hearing all kinda stuff about the franchise, but never playing it myself.

My first impressions are surprisingly positive. So far it looks like they did put effort into the battle scenes, too, not just the slice-and-life scenes. Some of the characters are kinda weird for now, but  I might get used to them. Hope this first ep was not just baiting watchers and then following it with low quality stuff, but we will see.
Dont worry about that,the staff has corrected the detail errors of preview edition in the TV,you can feel their sober heart
I cant define that im strong life ,but my lifeblood is certainly hard.

Nichi

@Kari: I have every episode of it downloaded, yes -w-
(I can pass it along later, or if nothing else,
the complete series is here, on the official MapleStory YouTube page)

Exa

Quote from: sks963 on January 08, 2015, 06:48:26 AM
Dont worry about that,the staff has corrected the detail errors of preview edition in the TV,you can feel their sober heart

I see. To be fair, it kinda felt like "Strike Witches, but on water" to me, which, at the very least, gives the hope of a decent show. It won't become the gold standard of anime, but will probably be enjoyable to watch. And that's what matters, right? (By the way, what made this whole franchise so popular in the first place? It cannot be just the cute girls, right?)

Nichi

So, I has a sad right now. Apparently a season 2 of MapleStory: New Leaf Saga was in production,  but ultimately it was cancelled ;___;

Chocofreak13

bah, that sucks. is there a pilot? you could review that.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Nope; sounds like they didn't have the first episode finished when the plug was pulled ;___;

I do have a review of the first season written and ready, though; waiting for when I have the review of the anime finished, so assuming you don't mind, I can have those two published back-to-back