What anime are ya watching?

Started by SleepyD, August 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

so much anime to torrent. so little time. at least loly has been tested for quality against CG-heavy titles such as Nazo no Kanojo X. -w-
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFT DAAAAAAMNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT ok we're done

This was good shit. :D
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

stewartsage

My favorite Miyazaki movie will forever be Princess Mononoke.

> Katte ni Kaizou

I mean to give this a watch.

Nichi

@Stew: I think I have a DVD of it floating around somewhere. I'll have to finally give it a watch :3

On the subject of Miyazaki, my sister loved Howl's Moving Castle

Bella

Princess Mononoke is my favorite too ^^

As for Katte ni Kaizou, Nej bombarding me with uncontrollable laughter over it convinced me to at least give it a look. That, and the connection to Koji Kumeta.

NejinOniwa

And to celebrate my 22nd birthday, I RECEIVE AN EPISODE OF ROBOTICS;NOTES

INDURINGWATCHAN

NejinOniwa

>Robotics;Notes
HOLY FUCKING SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Chocofreak13

see? i told you the fall season wasn't a complete waste. :3

favourite miyazaki movies: Nausicca of the Valley of the Wind, Porco Rosso, Kiki's Delivery Service, Howl's Moving Castle (though the ending is bittersweet because i wanted them to end up together but Howl is several levels of hot)

plannan on watchin' anime tomorrow. gonna preview the second episode of Kami-sama no Memo-chou, possibly the second episode of Sword Art Online, and i'd like to watch more Acchi Kocchi. :3
click to make it bigger

Nichi

So, finally getting back to watching more anime (How many times have I said that?). Here's some thoughts on what I previously watched over the past few weeks:

- Mysterious Girlfriend X [Nazo no Kanojo X] (Episode 1)
I watched this episode mostly to test out Loly's capabilities. I didn't really care much for it; not my type of series, but I was able to verify that Loly can play it without issues, which I guess was the point to begin with.

- Slayers (Episode 1)
Ah, yes; Slayers. I came into this series late into the first season when I was over at my sister's house one day, and ended up downloading the entire series so I could finally watch it from the beginning. So far, it's one I'd suggest checking out if you have the free time; as there are a ton of episodes, along with several movies and OVA.

- Cowboy Bebop (Episode 17)
This episode revolved around Ed and Ein. Also, mushrooms. I like this episode :3

- G Gundam (Episode 34)
I still don't care much for the opening theme from this half of the season, but that aside, it was a pretty good episode

Chocofreak13

Loly is like a dream come true. i've yet to come across something that she can't play. including my most taxing video, which leads me to...

Summer Wars
i've been telling my mum about this movie since i saw it in august, and we didn't have time to watch it till tonight, when the power went out for about 3 hours. with nothing to do, i decided to put Loly's extended battery life and upgraded ram to good use, so we started watching it. when the power came back on, we kept with it, finally finishing the damn thing. it's a great movie, and anyone who's seen any of the digimon movies (american or the first 3 japanese, especially the second one) will notice several parallels with this movie, in plot, style, and several little references. the director is the same person as the digimon movies, and it seems that there were several ideas he had that he wanted to try out on the digimon movies, but never got the chance. so, teaming up with studio madhouse (the same studio as the digimon movies), he made Summer Wars. i have the file, but i'll likely pass along the torrent as the file itself is almost 4gb in size.
KOI KOI!

Acchi Kocchi
FINALLY got to watch some more of this, but the power went out as i was in the middle of ep 4, and took the external (which the file was on at the time) with it. so i got cut off in the middle. despite this, and delays due to chores and cats, i had a good day watching it. it's an adorable series, so if you need something to fill your SO MOE IMA DIE quota, this should be it.
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Acchi Kocchi: Confirmed for mindless moeblobbing.

...well, that's OK sometimes, i guess...

Nichi

@Kari: Send that torrent link to me next time you're online, please :3

Chocofreak13

@nej: if you don't want to watch it, don't watch it. you used to be into those kinds of series, so i thought i'd pass the message along. :\

@pent: i left it in my other pants computer. but fetching it shouldn't be a problem.

in other news, Acchi Kocchi ep 4 and 5.
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

I did say it's ok sometimes, didn't I?

Torrents are slomo tho.

Chocofreak13

the one i had went quick as hell. want it? tsumiki fansubs is frankly more appropriate since the main character's name is tsumiki. -w-
click to make it bigger