What anime are ya watching?

Started by SleepyD, August 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silentbob

Everybody luvs Mizuho-sensei.   :smoke:

As for me, I'm thinking of giving Ergo Proxy a try.  Looks interesting.

SleepyD

Jeff shall add his support for Shana.  I think I'm used to complicated storylines, so I had no problem with that... SilentBob summed it up well.

Hey, btw sairentobobu, have you seen Itadaki no Hecate-tan? I don't know of anyone who subbed it, but the raws are funny anyway. XD;

Haha, I was watching Azumanga Daioh with my cousins on Thanksgiving.    I've had the box set, but I've never had time to watch.  I will say that things like these are much funnier with other people around. (Unless they're annoying people, but my cousins aren't annoying)

Mai Otome is not as good as Mai HiME, but if you need a mahou shoujo  fix, it should be enough to hold you over.  Oh, if you like shoujo-ai, you have some Shiz-Nat going on there. And... yeah, there's more couples.

I've heard good things about Eureka 7... haven't watched it, but I have a poster of it I got at AX.

As for what I'm watching right now, it's R.O.D. the TV. Being the nerd that I am, attacking people with paper is quite intriguing.

C-Chan

No no no, it's not "sairentobobu".
It's "amigabobu".  ^__^

He told me himself that's what he prefers to be called (really).  ^.^
Okay, we're sort of a go on Mai Otome and apparently I didn't waste my money on Eureka 7.  -v-

In addition....

*scribbles down Ergo Proxy and Mai HIME*

Oh, and I do have ROD the TV.  Wonderful, but can't say much that's not a spoiler.  -v-'

Spysweeper

I'm watching Hakuto no ken roah gaiden. and Kinnikuman

SleepyD

Quote from: "C-Chan"No no no, it's not "sairentobobu".
It's "amigabobu".  ^__^

He told me himself that's what he prefers to be called (really).  ^.^
Okay, we're sort of a go on Mai Otome and apparently I didn't waste my money on Eureka 7.  -v-

In addition....

*scribbles down Ergo Proxy and Mai HIME*

Oh, and I do have ROD the TV.  Wonderful, but can't say much that's not a spoiler.  -v-'

hai, hai, wakkata. amigabobu it is.

Mai Otome: *breathe* loli-loli-loli-loli-loli-loli-loli-loli-loli-loli-loli-loli-loli-lo-li.

Mai HiME:  ;010

R.O.D.: I would think it would be hard to tell me about it w/o spoilers... I have watched the OVA tho... I found the american dude! kakakaka

Silentbob

Quote from: "SleepyD"J

Hey, btw sairentobobu, have you seen Itadaki no Hecate-tan? I don't know of anyone who subbed it, but the raws are funny anyway. XD;

Yup, I have that one as well.   It's subbed, by a group called "Eclipse" I think.

SleepyD

Quote from: "Silentbob"
Yup, I have that one as well.   It's subbed, by a group called "Eclipse" I think.

Ah, I remember those guys... I watched their Fate/stay night subs. Well, off I go!

C-Chan

I'm getting Shana from Eclipse as well.  ^v^

BTW, am I being overly nice if I keep allowing a share ratio (as far as torrents go) greater than 1.0?

MisterCat

C-Chan, you're being nice either way.  If you have files to share with others that's very nice; but if you'd don't, it's quite all right to download them anyway because that's what they're there for!

All this business about "leeching" and "seeding" is a lot of esoteric malarkey, insofar as file sharing is by its very nature an exoteric activity.  It's like saying, "I'll give you a drink if you're thirsty, but only if you've given me a drink first."

;018

=^..^=

SleepyD

well, being one that tends to download things that aren't that popular, (and hence, get less seeders,) I do promote seeding over 1.0.

If you download something with, say, 50+ seeds and 100+ leechers, yeah, you're being nice if you seed.  
If it's 2 seeds and 10 leechers, well, I believe you should seed at least to 1.0. As a courtesy, not as a duty. I, for one, will seed for quite a while.

I am currently rotating about 3-5 torrents to seed, all of which have 0-2 seeders.  Any torrent with a number of seeds immediately goes away from my torrent list after a ratio of 1.2

(yes, 1.2, not 1.0.  Just a thing I do, having been annoyed to no end with torrents at 97% and unable to complete them. I currently have one that is like that. It has been that way for about a month now, with 5-20 leechers at the same point.)

Silentbob

Much like SleepyD, if I'm on a torrent with few seeders I usually seed for a while.  But if there's an overwhelming amount of seeds/leechers, I just finish the torrent and get off the tracker.

C-Chan

Wow, thank y'all for boosting my ego.  Now I feel saintly by comparison to your average leecher.  ^v^

Unfortunately, in between torrent downloads and cheap DVDs, now I have enough Anime to burn....  I've never had such a major backlog like this...  @___@'

Oh well, you gotta do whatcha gotta do.... -v-

*pops in DVD-R with Jungle wa Itsumo Hare nochi Guu Final episodes*

Pitkin

I found both the DLX and Final 'series' of Jungle wa Itsumo Hale nochi Guu very disappointing; the original series reached its peak entertainment value around the time of appearance of Robert-san, but after that it simply began losing its glamour... DLX was dreadful, while Final was already a step towards better, yet not on the par with the actual thing. v_v

I've seen the series three times. ^o^

Oh yeah, I downloaded myself the whole Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi this Sunday. I had never really even considered doing that, despite some people kept shoving praise upon it, but after I coincidentally heard the song SOS Nara Daijoubu (sung by the main character's seiyuu Aya Hirano), I couldn't stay clear. It seems very very funny at the moment, just like a series I generally like. ^^

C-Chan

Wow,... if Final was a disappointment, I can't wait to see the original.  The RPG episodes had me rolling....  ^__^

*jots down Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi on list*

SleepyD

Didn't I mention Haruhi in the beginning of this thread? ^^

Also, Jeff has started "Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto"
I wanted to hear the opening theme by FictionJunction YUUKA. And... seems interesting so far.