NejinOniwa

IN THE NOW - WORKING!! is kicking things up a notch. Top class, really. -w-
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

zjhentohlauedy

finished gurren lagann movies over the weekend

watching daiguard
My my, aren't you lovely~

Acher13

I got both season of Rozen Maiden, gonna rewatch this to spend the time.

Exa

After I finished Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, I took a look at the new season. Black Lagoon OVA interests me - especially that it is based on a very promising arc - but I also checked out the first episode of High School of the Dead and Mitsudomoe. I never denied I have a taste for several genres, as long as it manages to keep me entertained.

kgm_1004

Watchin only one anime (浦安é‰,,筋家族), reading Ranma 1/2 manga (Eng), One piece (Japanese). any é'å¹´ã,,,å°'å¹´ materials recommended?
Windmill, windmill for the land
Turn forever hand in hand,
Take it all in on your stride
It is ticking falling down...

Love forever love is free
Let\'s turn forever you and me
Windmill, windmill for the land
Is everybody in?

Bella

Quote from: "Exa"After I finished Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, I took a look at the new season. Black Lagoon OVA interests me - especially that it is based on a very promising arc - but I also checked out the first episode of High School of the Dead and Mitsudomoe. I never denied I have a taste for several genres, as long as it manages to keep me entertained.

Hmm, I've been considering Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei... I've heard excellent things about the series, and it looks like something I'd like.

Currently 17 episodes in to Pumpkin Scissors, decided to watch it on a whim after hearing it compared to Fullmetal Alchemist in a review. (Then again, every alternate-reality, World War I-era European military-that's-chock-full-of-dark-secrets anime is compared to FMA, it practically invented the genre!)  I've heard that the ending isn't particularly... good... or even ending-like, but I like the characters and there's enough conspiratorial intrigue to hold my interest, so yeah. The title is infuriating though, like seriously.

Speaking of FMA, can anyone tell me wth is going on with Brotherhood? I've only seen a few episodes, but it looks like they changed it and now it's worse. D,:

Also considering Sora No Woto once again, after TV Tropes compared it to Haibane Renmei meets Aria meets K-On meet All Quiet on the Western Front, which sounds like a damn interesting combination.

Annnnnd, Angel Beats and Eve no Jikan are on my to-watch list.

Aurora Borealis

Oooh! I've wanted to see Pumpkin Scissors since I read the TV Tropes page on it! The main characters seem really cool! :)

I've seen Brotherhood (or what's aired so far) and I like it, and think it's an improved re-telling of the original.

I'm currently watching Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha.

stewartsage

Remember when I raved about it Bella?  Yes, oh god yes I love Pumpkin Scissors so much it has to be seen to be believed.  I litteraly break into a cheesy grin thinking about it.  Well, it's not the series end, the manga continues on while the anime just kinda stops... which makes me want to invade Japan for a second season or an English translation of the manga.

No idea, I watched random episodes late at night with my ex trying to explain to me what was happening.  Afraid I never got into FMA.

Sora No Woto is on my list too.

I've edited that page Aurora-hime!

Bella

Quote from: "Aurora"Oooh! I've wanted to see Pumpkin Scissors since I read the TV Tropes page on it! The main characters seem really cool! :)

I've seen Brotherhood (or what's aired so far) and I like it, and think it's an improved re-telling of the original.

I'm currently watching Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha.

Yeah, I could probably take it or leave it if the characters were mediocre, but they're really rather awesome. And good characters are like 70% of any work of fiction for me. ^^

But HOW could the original be improved upon?! It was excellent already. >.>

I remember trying to get into that Way Back When, dunno what happened but I only got a few episodes in.

Quote from: "Stewart"Remember when I raved about it Bella? Yes, oh god yes I love Pumpkin Scissors so much it has to be seen to be believed. I litteraly break into a cheesy grin thinking about it. Well, it's not the series end, the manga continues on while the anime just kinda stops... which makes me want to invade Japan for a second season or an English translation of the manga.

No idea, I watched random episodes late at night with my ex trying to explain to me what was happening. Afraid I never got into FMA.

Sora No Woto is on my list too.

How could I forget? I have a few series that are like that (Ergo Proxy + Cowboy Bebop + Gurren Laggan gwehehe!), but more make me want to sob thinking back on them. :< That's comforting to know, most anime that are adapted from ongoing manga have less than... ending-like.... endings, so that's more of a general problem. <<

FMA's a difficult one, not so much the storyline but the sheer SIZE. (Seriously, 50 episodes in S1 and 64 in S2?! They're going the wrong way!)

Yey~ That graphic's made of lulz. xD

Aurora Borealis

The first 2-3 episodes of Nanoha (season 1, which is what I'm watching) aren't very good. In fact, they're very cliche, but the series gets better, especially by episode 7.

Acher13

Highschool of the dead, Ookami-san and 7 companion

Bella

Finally finished Pumpkin Scissors. I thoroughly enjoyed it, even if that last story arc was painfully drawn out (really, 5 episodes? It seems like that could have been resolved in two, three tops).

Anyone have any experience with Black Lagoon? It looks pretty interesting (and vaguely Cowboy Bebop-esque), but then again it also looks like it might be a 24-episode shoot-and-explosion-fest too. D:

Chocofreak13

........i can't torrent, so no new anime for mee. ;___;

but i recieved the entire series of A Little Snow Fairy Sugar last month, and recently got the live action of Here is Greenwood, so watching that. Also stole I Dream of Mimi (from same person that gave me snow fairy set) but sadly, it won't play in my ps2, so i had to give it back. (i stole it fair and square, dammit! >___< )
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: "Chocofreak13"........i can't torrent, so no new anime for mee. ;___;

but i recieved the entire series of A Little Snow Fairy Sugar last month, and recently got the live action of Here is Greenwood, so watching that. Also stole I Dream of Mimi (from same person that gave me snow fairy set) but sadly, it won't play in my ps2, so i had to give it back. (i stole it fair and square, dammit! >___< )

Um... you could always buy or rent DVDs or watch on Hulu or Funimation.com or download from non-torrent sites (the fansub site I use has torrent and regular downloads, I usually opt for the second route since torrenting is another thing I'm paranoid about).

So there's a lot of other legal and not-so-legal options out there. :\

NejinOniwa

Someone needs a torrent station pretty bad here...

Animetake.com usually has ddl mirrors, though, so that's easy pie.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS