OS-tan Picture Gallery

Started by C-Chan, August 10, 2006, 10:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptBrenden

Well.. I think Ive run out of bouncing energy waiting for 3.1 sama and 2.0 to frolic....

Im glad I could make your day, some day you will have to repay me by making my breakfast... if you know what I mean... bwahaha...haha.....ha.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

SleepyD

Quote from: "Alfamille"
Nice! How long have you been drawing this?  ;001

About 3 days. The second day I didn't do much, so I guess 2 days. The difference between now and before is that i have no work to distract me. I can focus a large amount of time in drawing and experimenting with photoshop. ^^

Quote from: "C-Chan"
Quoteat least someone has a sence of humor :P I guess pigs cant appriciate!

*smacks Captain again*

As well I shouldn't.  ^-^
For thou must boweth in the presence of such a finely drawn OS/2!

SleepyD, can't thank you enough!  ^v^
I'd say more, but the swooning and all the holiday drawing have drained me.  ^___^'
I'll shower you with more praise tomorrow.  ^___^

heh, you two are funny together. One wants to eat the other, yet gets smacked...
More praise? well, I'm flattered, and also glad that the good stuff seems to have made the imperfections less noticeable. XD;
Or maybe all the glowy numbers keeps everyone from focusing on any one spot... hehe

C-Chan

Okay, first order of business....

Attempted Captain fanservice:

This is just the template, as the remainder of the picture requires me to polish off my old Flash skills.  ^__^'

But if you've ever watched SuperGals, this scene should look very familiar.  (excluding the xmas theme).  ^__^;
Plus you'll also get an idea of what exactly I'm planning to do with Flash.  ^^;

In any case, I'll get back to this again shortly, since an emergency THIRD holiday picture request has come up.  By GAWD, there's no stoping it.... ^v^;

Now then, second order of business....
SleepyD praising.  -v-

*starts typing*

CaptBrenden

See.. Now THAT is an elf hat!! Very good. I shall eat beef tonight.

But what is this ?! Could it be?  Is doskitty kamineko?!?! Are they related?  This could be one hot scoop!!
Either way he looks adorable.  Its a good thing I didnt go with the raindeer antlers for my christmas pic -_-

Ive never seen that super gals, but it looks to me like they are doing that little dance that the monkey in mega man legends does... XD

This is quite acceptable.  I shall have to post thist to the 3.1sama kazumi image board imediatly

C-Chan

As promised.... ^__^

C-Chan's Coolest Forum-Goer Chart
========================

1st place - SleepyD [aka, "Jeff"]
2nd place - everybody else
3rd place - forum lurkers

Well deserved, I must say.  ^__^  

I don't know where to even start, so I'll just go ahead and bullet point all the matters of greatness of your OS/2 drawing.  ^___^

1 - You finished your OS/2-tan drawing.  ^___^
2 - It features OS/2-tan, and right in time for her farewell party (12/31/2006).  ^.^
3 - She's obviously kicking ass, as she's quite able to.  ^__^
4 - Cool expression on her face.  ^.^
5 - Glasses (the older, "fine wine" OS/2-tan) ^__^
6 - LOTS OF HAIR!!!!  ^v^

And just as an aside, for anyone wondering why it's not in multiple ponytails, it really doesn't have to be.  ^v^
    That's just how she multitasks, and usually keeps it that way for quick multitasking, but will occasionally keep her hair nice and loose (such as when sleeping).  Although for someone reason, I keep thinking she's flying with her hair.  ^v^'

7 - Phaser, w/cool lens flare effect (remember you told me you were leaning towards a pistol look)
8 - Has the Warp insignia you created (and if you look carefully at my eComstation-tan pic, you'll see that the OS/2 plushie I made has the exact same symbol).  ^.^
9 - Darknight's skirt and boots (yeah, I'm definitely declaring them standard).  ^v^
10 - Good body proportions and dynamism (might see Darknight quip about the hands, but everything else looks fantastic).  ^__^
11 - Your incredible text and blur effects (I've notice you're fairly good at that -- might need to contract your services for a background during an eCS-tan fighting scene).  ^__^
12 - Binary Code Man (being 0Wn3d by OS/2-sama).  ^v^

Can't really thank you enough, SleepyD!!  Thanks to you, OS/2-tan's following is getting even stronger!  ^v^

*grovels gratefully before SleepyD*

QuoteAbout 3 days. The second day I didn't do much, so I guess 2 days. The difference between now and before is that i have no work to distract me. I can focus a large amount of time in drawing and experimenting with photoshop. ^^

Sugoi x 214!  ^v^
It's good to hear SleepyD has time finally.  ^___^
I'm actually trying to experiment with Illustrator now!  ^v^

Not that I want to abandon Inkscape, but since Flash doesn't read SVG, I figured it's worth a shot to see if I can cut down on all the conversion work by learning to draw directly with Illustrator.  -v-

Quoteheh, you two are funny together. One wants to eat the other, yet gets smacked...

Smacking is healthy.  ^v^

QuoteMore praise? well, I'm flattered, and also glad that the good stuff seems to have made the imperfections less noticeable. XD;
Or maybe all the glowy numbers keeps everyone from focusing on any one spot... hehe

Well, they do say that love blinds, and well I'm always going to love any work that recreates my character design.  And the eye candy does contribute to massive jaw drop.  ^__^

But admit it, SleepyD.  You've outdone yourself to the point where nitpicky errors are irrelevant.  Mere ants in the presence of epic artwork that could be mistaken for one of the greater Niijura/Futaba pieces!  ^v^

So in closing,... before I pass out,... I just want to say....  -v-

SLEEPYD FTW!!!!!!  ^V^

Okay, see y'all later!  ^__^

*swoons*

CaptBrenden

QuoteSmacking is healthy. ^v^

Not so much -_- Only your promised frolicing pic has saved you from your recent bursts of insolence..  I see Im going to have to do something about that before you mistake my kindness for weekness..

Tho I admit you just recently purchesed yourself quite a bit of leadway with that christmas pic.... But since only I know where the line is, you wont know that youve crossed it untill your running from a enraged marine in tactical dreadnought armor with a blazing assault cannon...

C-Chan

Woah, the Captain popped in out of nowhere.  ^^;

QuoteSee.. Now THAT is an elf hat!! Very good. I shall eat beef tonight.

Yeah, my kind is safe for now.  ^.^
And yeah, I googled up elf hats and got half-a-million variants. The one on 2chan's (hey! new and vaguely familiar nickname ^__^) head is just a composite of the best one's I've seen.  -v-

QuoteBut what is this ?! Could it be? Is doskitty kamineko?!?! Are they related? This could be one hot scoop!!

Hehe, well you remember me theory from back in the PalmOS-tan forum.  That DOSkitty IS Kamineko in disguise!  ^v^

Here's an old refresher....

QuoteEither way he looks adorable. Its a good thing I didnt go with the raindeer antlers for my christmas pic -_-

Oro?  Good thing?  '__'

Well, in any case, yeah I just had to do the antlers and red nose.  ^^'
When you see DOSkitty moving, though, I'll be sure to make the tail active.  ^v^

QuoteIve never seen that super gals, but it looks to me like they are doing that little dance that the monkey in mega man legends does... XD

Hehe, that makes two of us cause I never played MM Legends.  ^^'

Unfortunately, there's no copy of the eyecatch on YouTube, so I can't even show you the crazy dance that I'd like to recreate.  But trust me, when thou see-eth the Prophet, the Goddess and the Holy Kitten grooving, thou shalt be smitten with the urge to swoon.  ^.^

Not sure if I recommend the series itself, though -- it's funny, but maybe not your cup of tea.  I like to think of it like 'Sailor Moon' meets 'Menace II Society' (not really, but I swear it's just glitzy gang warfare!).  ^^'

QuoteThis is quite acceptable. I shall have to post thist to the 3.1sama kazumi image board imediatly

Ka-ka-ka,...... KAZUMI!!!!!!  @___@'

................................ *nervous chuckle*  Ã,¬vÃ,¬

Well, I guess it is a little cute and all,... ^^'
But it's hardly my best work and well I still have to animate them.  ^^;

Just as long as they don't laugh, I guess we're alright..... ^_____^;

Added after 3 minutes:

QuoteNot so much -_- Only your promised frolicing pic has saved you from your recent bursts of insolence.. I see Im going to have to do something about that before you mistake my kindness for weekness..

Tho I admit you just recently purchesed yourself quite a bit of leadway with that christmas pic.... But since only I know where the line is, you wont know that youve crossed it untill your running from a enraged marine in tactical dreadnought armor with a blazing assault cannon...

GAAAAAH!!!! You're posting too fast!  >v<

It's like you're lying in wait back there to pounce on the Reply button.  ^^'

Okay, got it...

Leeway,.... enraged.... dreadnought..... cannon.....
Now to remember Flash to gain even MORE leeway!  -v-

CaptBrenden

concidering some of the stuff that pops up on there.. your work is more that acceptable enough for it.. I swear some people seem to post pictures on there to insult poor 3.1 sama...

Alfamille

Quote from: "C-Chan"

Oh, and now that you're here, how about some more Mac goodness...?

Cause the wait is over finally:

Still have to add shading and highlighting, but since I don't want to miss your testing times, figured I should at least display as is for now.  ^__^

Originally meant this for just the Resident Ninja, but the holiday message should apply to anyone here who needs a morale boost during tests.  ^v^

(Sorry about the eyes, btw, but after all I also need to recycle the graphics for a Wiki avatar. ^^')

Loved it!  ;019  ;001

Can't wait to see those additions you've mentioned! But this already rocked my day!

Inspiring simply made artwork! Thank you very much C-chan!  ;019  ;215

Quote from: "C-Chan"Okay, first order of business....

Attempted Captain fanservice:

This is just the template, as the remainder of the picture requires me to polish off my old Flash skills.  ^__^'

But if you've ever watched SuperGals, this scene should look very familiar.  (excluding the xmas theme).  ^__^;
Plus you'll also get an idea of what exactly I'm planning to do with Flash.  ^^;

In any case, I'll get back to this again shortly, since an emergency THIRD holiday picture request has come up.  By GAWD, there's no stoping it.... ^v^;

Now then, second order of business....
SleepyD praising.  -v-

*starts typing*

Yep, I've seen that dance on several times on Gals!

How bout a Para-para dance...  ;001

NewYinzer

Sweet...more of C-Chan's excellent chibi's! So...OS 9.2 and XP are distant relatives! I'd have more to say, but I'm very tired...

C-Chan

Quoteconcidering some of the stuff that pops up on there.. your work is more that acceptable enough for it.. I swear some people seem to post pictures on there to insult poor 3.1 sama...

.............Point taken....  ^__^;

Some of them did in fact force me to purify my eyes with sulphuric acid.  -v-'

Maybe once I've finished shading/highlighting the XP/9.2 pic, perhaps it wouldn't be such a bad idea to upload that one either to the Mac section.  9.2-san gets virtually zero publicity, so it should be more of a public service.  -v-'

Speaking of which, I'm working on it in Flash and will probably release an SWF version first.  But since neither Kazumi nor our Gallery probably accepts SWF files, I'll see about creating an animated GIF version for "Export Purposes".  ^__^

BTW, Captain, you probably noticed by now, but 2-chan is a shrimp compared to 3.1-sama.  Just to make it clear to everyone who the goddess is.....  ^___^;

QuoteLoved it!  Smile at army !

Can't wait to see those additions you've mentioned! But this already rocked my day!

Inspiring simply made artwork! Thank you very much C-chan!

Hehe, love simple artwork too since it only takes me a few hours to get finished and half-assed drawing techniques are better tolerated (or compliment the picture).  ^__^

But in any case, you're quite welcome Alfamille!  ^.^
I hope you like the fact that I'm relatively pro-Mac.  ^v^

QuoteYep, I've seen that dance on several times on Gals!

How bout a Para-para dance... Smile at army !

Para para!!  Twirl twirl, twirl twirl, punch punch, punch PUNCH!!!  ^V^

Hell yeah, Alfamille knows the name of the game!!  ^-^
That does it,... now I MUST get SOMETHING done in Flash today, or my brain will explode with the anticipation!  ^v^

QuoteSweet...more of C-Chan's excellent chibi's! So...OS 9.2 and XP are distant relatives! I'd have more to say, but I'm very tired...

hehe,... well, uh, technically speaking I only said they "could" be sisters.  ^^;
[you know,... because of their strong physical similarity]  ^v^'

But the two are more closely related by plagiarism than they'll ever be by blood.  ^v^;

Still, this IS the Internet and OS9.2-san IS a relatively rare character.  ^.^

So I say Let There Be Rumors!!  Mwaha!!  ^v^

Added after 2 hours 29 minutes:

Oh, and Alfamille?

Don't forget to check out the Translation Thread for the latest Mac Manga translations.  Consider them Xmas presents from me.  ^v^

"Freshly Squeezed..."  ^.^

Added after 8 hours 36 minutes:

M0AR Captain appeasement.  ^___^

FLASH ANIMATION EXPERIMENT

A bit shoddy, but at least is finally coming back to me.  A little speed-up with the hats, and obviously some arm + body motions, and we're good to go.  ^__^

And I guess I should see if this works embedded....

Added after 57 seconds:

Guess not.  ^___^'

CaptBrenden

im not sure what the proper tags are but obviosly img tags arnt gonna work

C-Chan

Oh well, guess that GIF export version will be necessary after all.  -v-

So anyway, do you see the Flash movie alright?

More of a beta really and not terribly exciting yet, but should give you a hint of what's to come.  ^___^

Though I guess since it is a movie, methinks I should slowly transition over to the OS-tan OVA thread instead....  Ã,¬vÃ,¬'

CaptBrenden

yeah, it was kinda hard to miss with the giant freaking link of doom.

It just dosent seem right yet with such an animated background and unanimated foreground

C-Chan

That's SEMI-unanimated foreground, no?  ^__^
I mean, got the hats and rudolf nose moving, eh?  ^v^

*sweatdrop*

Their actual body movements are gonna be a bit more involved, so I figured I'd start with the simple stuff first.  Now I have to figure out whether to tween their movements in Flash itself, or create the frames in Inkscape/Illustrator.

At least with tweening, it might help keep the file size down (the movie so far is only 11KB).
But might have more precision outside of Flash.  -v-

In any case, this is movie talk now, so to free up this thread I've moved the discussion over to the OS-tan OVA thread.  ^__^

And speaking of the Picture Gallery, many thanks to Pitkin for uploading all the backlogged images.  I can finally see eCS-chan and Wii-chan!  ^v^