Which OS-Tan Are You?

Started by NewYinzer, August 02, 2006, 08:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MisterCat

Must the OS Girls carry weapons?  Isn't it enough that the games genre is filled with violence, as is the balance of the anime and manga genres?  Even if I was enamoured with depictions of hostility freaks on killing rampages, which I'm not, I'd still wonder why they run about with clubs and spears in this era of drive-through firearms shops.

If XP-tan ends up being required to carry weapons, let me suggest she pack an old government-issue Colt .45-caliber semi-automatic pistol.  Just the sight of that gun will keep the knives-and-swords types at a respectful distance.

;013

=^..^=

C-Chan

Somehow, I thought you'd ask that....  ^__^

Don't worry, what I really am getting at is that I doubt any of them are seriously armed, so unless we arm Vista from the get-go, not sure if the idea will fly with everyone.  

Presumably since the OS-tans are symbolic representations to begin with, the weapons themselves are symbols.  That's the reason how Windows 95, equipped with a katana, can fight on even footing with OS/2-tan, whose equipped with a Star Trek era phaser.

Ultimately, an OS-tan's power lies both in herself (technical prowess) and in the strength of her userbase.  

(Large Windows user base = substantial power and resources to supplement a technically inferior product.)

C-Chan added the following  1 minute after last message :

BTW, about your latest and greatest sig...

1: Did XP-tan get..... a "tan"?  'v'
(BWAHAHAHA!)

and

2: Why is she pointing that at me.....  Ã,¬vÃ,¬'
*blushes*

brougeXP22

Weapons + the Windows Os-tan's = massive fun for all  ;001

MisterCat

Indeed, C-Chan, your friend and mine XP-tan has a nice tan now!  I was tired of seeing all these pale-female types, so I took XP-tan on a vacation to the Hawaiian island of Kaua'i.  She did a lot of surfing ââ,¬â€ being quite familiar with the phenomenon ââ,¬â€ impressing all the locals and getting a thorough tan thanks to the selection of Brazilian tangas available at island shops.  (She ended up with a long list of telephone numbers, by the way.)

;012

Now, I'm not sure exactly which thing you mean by "that thing."  But whatever thing it is, I'm sure it's a nice thing!

:smoke:

=^..^=

brougeXP22

haha tanga's are sexy  ;010

C-Chan

Oh yeah,... quite nice....  Ã,¬vÃ,¬'
*blushes more*

BTW, I'm sure this is the last thing on your mind as long as she (or any girl) is sufficiently well,.... er,.... "packaged"..... Ã,¬___Ã,¬'

But in your honest opinion, what would you gauge XP-san's height to be in real-life measurements?  

Metric or US measurments are fine....
Feel free to throw in a BWH guesstimate just to sweeten the deal.  ^.^

NewYinzer

QuoteBut in your honest opinion, what would you gauge XP-san's height to be in real-life measurements?

About 5 feet 7 inches.
*thinks*
BAM! 1000 POSTS! WOO HOO!
*calms down*
Calm down, Yinzer. That averages to about 100 posts per week. By December, I should have 2000 posts. Seriously, I'm gonna tune it down a notch.
*makes Virgin Margarita*
Yes, I'm drinking a Virgin Margarita. I cannot be intoxicated tonight!

C-Chan

Great minds think alike then.  ^___^
That sounds 'bout right.  ^v^

IOW, that would make her an inch taller than 2k-tan,... -v-

Course, still need to hear from the femme guru as well, but so far we're on the right track.... ^v^

*starts scribbling down notes*

BTW, congratulations, GNU/Linux dude!  ^_~
Since that rank comes right after Vista, is that a tacit nod as to which OS reigns supreme?  ^v^

Fufufufu..... ^.^

NewYinzer

QuoteBTW, congratulations, GNU/Linux dude! ^_~
Since that rank comes right after Vista, is that a tacit nod as to which OS reigns supreme? ^v^

Hehe...maybe I should find an old computer and install Linux on it!
*thinks*
BTW, C-Chan, which OS-tan is your favorite?

C-Chan

*cough cough cough*  Amiga-tan *cough cough*

Not a biased decision....  ^__^

Really.....   ^______^'

Silentbob

Mine too.  There's no bias here.   At all.   None whatsoever.  Period.   :smoke:

brougeXP22

yeah ur both about as not biased as the FOX network. LOL  ;014

C-Chan

GYAH!  That's hittin' below the belt!  ^v^'

Oh well, at least that means I can terrorize people with this.... -v-

*grabs cucumber-shaped lufa sponge*

[evil laughter]  MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!  >v<
You'll all swallow the lying crap I make up, or else!  >V<

SleepyD

...I'm not swallowing that sponge.  

Cucumbers taste good tho... not that I'd swallow one whole.

I have a pencil and a pillow! I can defend myself!

Wow, I'm late to this conversation. True, weapons probably won't be a permanent part of most designs.  I like the idea of battles against errors, worms and viruses. ^^

Another random idea: windows update = bill gates dropping supplies from a helicopter

C-Chan

Oh yeah, definitely.  Although worms/viruses are only a concern for the Windows-tans.  ^__^

Other OS-tans probably just grab some popcorn and enjoy the show.  ^.^
[RISC-san, especially, is impervious to viruses, and you already drew what OS/2 would do to one.... ^.^]

Hmmm.....

*imagines Bill Gates dropping supplies from helicopter idea*

*mischievous grin*

*reimagines Bill Gates withholding the air drop till the user goes and spends money preordering Vista*  ^v^