Which OS-Tan Are You?

Started by NewYinzer, August 02, 2006, 08:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

Well that does bring up another point.

Once an established Vista design is settled upon,...

http://ostan.blackdiam.net/viewtopic.php?p=7003#post_7003

...now the question remains, will we simply "disappear" Longhorn (as she technically IS Vista), or will we still acknowledge a separate OS girl as representing her (sort of like the prototype of Vista)?

Hmm,... maybe this calls for a referendum as well....?  -v-

brougeXP22

i say keep her as the original and create vista as a new serperate OS girl

Aurora Borealis

But if there is a Longhorn-tan and a Vistan, and they are technically the same person, wouldn't that cause some sort of time paradox in the OS-tan world? ;020

But I am in favor of keeping Longhorn-tan, because I've seen some really cool ones but of course if we all decide to keep Longhorn-tan, we'd have to do another "Vote for the best character design" thing just like for Vistan.

brougeXP22

we could make them as younger/older sisters or technical twins. kind of like the 3 XP-tans.

Kami-Tux

One is the ME-ish sister of the other one?

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

NewYinzer

Bam! I just had an idea!

- Longhorn-tan represents "Longhorn" Server, which comes out in 2008
- The Rozen-Maiden Vista represents Windows Vista Ultimate
- The Screw-haired Ninja Vista represents Windows Vista Starter
- The "Screwy" Generic Schoolgirl Vista represents Windows Vista Home Basic
- The Blonde-Haired Loli w/ Long Pigtails & Windows Logo Hairclips Vista represents Windows Vista Home Premium
- The Shikijou Saori-Knockoff Vista represents Windows Vista Enterprise
- The Blonde-Haired Loli w/ Long Pigtails & Longhorn Logo Hairclips Vista represents Windows Vista Business

Or something along these lines...

C-Chan

Wow!  A Kami-Tux sighting!  @v@
Where's my net,.. gotta make sure Oh Penguin God doesn't disappear again!  ^__^

NewYinzer, methinks you hit on a fantastic compromise!  ^V^
I love the idea, or at least something along those lines... ^.^

This has gotta go to the Annex....  -v-

*scurries off to Annex*

NewYinzer

QuoteNewYinzer, methinks you hit on a fantastic compromise! ^V^
I love the idea, or at least something along those lines... ^.^

Yeah. I had thought of it based on the idea that many different OS-tans were used for different versions of Windows XP. However, my idea is for different designs to represent different versions, and I suggested which design should fit each version. The current versions planned versions of the OS are:

- Windows Vista Starter
- Windows Vista Home Basic
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Enterprise
- Windows Vista Ultimate

BTW, Longhorn-tan was originally meant to be the design for Vista. However, MSFT officially changed the name of the OS to Vista, while making the codename for Server 2007 is "Longhorn". The problem we'll be running into is whether people will be using the current Longhorn design for Server 2007, or designing her as another Saba. Personally, I think there is no sense in any of the Saba-tans besides Server 2003.

SleepyD

It seems we both have different things in mind for Vis-tan, eh? ^^

NewYinzer

QuoteIt seems we both have different things in mind for Vis-tan, eh? ^^

We probably do. Since we're on the subject, do you have an idea?

SleepyD

It's posted in the Annex... although, it's a very fluid idea, not too much set in stone

As for the different versions, I've been pondering that for a while....

brougeXP22

QuoteYeah. I had thought of it based on the idea that many different OS-tans were used for different versions of Windows XP. However, my idea is for different designs to represent different versions, and I suggested which design should fit each version. The current versions planned versions of the OS are:

- Windows Vista Starter
- Windows Vista Home Basic
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Enterprise
- Windows Vista Ultimate

thank god someone knows the names of all the versions of Vista  ;010

C-Chan

If not for the fact that there are 123,502 flavors of Unix, excluding pattern pieces and die errors, I'd be just about ready to cuss out M$.

Now I'm starting to miss just plain ol' "Windows 95", end of story... at least the old hag kept it simple....  -v-

SleepyD

My suggestion, instead of making separate versions, we just give them weapons of various strength.  I mean, What kind of weapons... I don't know.

What are they armed with usually, anyway? I see 2k-tan with this massive gundam-like sword thingy, 95 obviously has the katana... what else do they have?

C-Chan

Come to think of it, 95-tan is the only Windows-tan I've seen with an official weapon.  Sure, I've seen 2k-tan with said sword and the other girls wielding some heavy firepower and certain one-shots; but other than that, you don't see them dueling much....  ^^'

So before engaging in the fun project of arming Vista-tan, I agree with you in that we should engage in the even more fun-filled project of arming the existing Windows line-up....  ^v^'

For example, is Me-tan's Scallion-O-Death really the only thing she wields?  `v'

Recently I've seen the two 98-tan's with some intimidating-looking halberds.... ^__^'