Main Menu

Why is the forum so quiet?

Started by zwakbs3, July 12, 2021, 06:54:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zacian King of Windows

Quote from: zwakbs3 on June 12, 2022, 05:49:20 AMlol, good luck! I also had the same mission before, but then I forgor  8)

Well how could we make this site more active again hurry up... I could use some ideas please
This forum may be dead, but I will not give up hope to bring some life back into this poor forum we must save! ITS NOT TOO LATE TO SAVE THIS SITE! SAY IT WITH ME!
https://i3.kurocore.com/i/sm/20140408005613/42769599-0.jpg

Zacian King of Windows

Would that be better or worse :'( ?
This forum may be dead, but I will not give up hope to bring some life back into this poor forum we must save! ITS NOT TOO LATE TO SAVE THIS SITE! SAY IT WITH ME!

rikafurudae

Quote from: Goujer on June 10, 2022, 07:00:13 AMI will not be making a Discord server for OSC but ya'll are free to make your own.

A Discord would largely take away from site traffic if anything. As most people would prefer it over a forum.

that's what I thought. it would simply make the sit even more dead and eventually the discord would take its place.

the closest someone could probably do is make their own OS-tan discord server. I could try, but I'm very bad at managing discord servers so I probably wont.
Yo

rikafurudae

The days of forums are long over. Bringing back the wiki could be possible but I don't think the forum would ever regain its peak popularity. Like Goujer said Discord would only make the OSC forum even more dead than it is already.

We could make an os tan discord that isn't related to OSC though as i said in the other thread.
Yo

Zacian King of Windows

Quote from: rikafurudae on June 12, 2022, 06:22:08 PMThe days of forums are long over. Bringing back the wiki could be possible but I don't think the forum would ever regain its peak popularity. Like Goujer said Discord would only make the OSC forum even more dead than it is already.

We could make an os tan discord that isn't related to OSC though as i said in the other thread.

Well then I lost all hope at this point then, I'm giving up for now  :'(

Zacian King of Windows

WTF its been LIKE WHAT A MONTH OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT!?I'm still very pissed and sad that we don't have Comminutes anymore...  :'(

Zacian King of Windows

rikafurudae

i mean, michael mjd created a video talking about os-tans which could bring some new people

Quote from: Zacian King of Windows on July 25, 2022, 08:51:59 PMI'm still sad this community is kinda gone :( :'(
Yo

Chocofreak13

this site is still a lovely memory, and i like that it's still around for the legacy aspect, but a lot of us scattered to the wind for various reasons. i joined up something like, 15 years ago. i still care, but i have other things that require some of my attention now.

we're still here, though, so that's a thing. even if there's only a few of us. that's how it's always been, anyway.
click to make it bigger

LucasW4R

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on July 28, 2022, 12:07:25 AMthis site is still a lovely memory, and i like that it's still around for the legacy aspect, but a lot of us scattered to the wind for various reasons. i joined up something like, 15 years ago. i still care, but i have other things that require some of my attention now.

we're still here, though, so that's a thing. even if there's only a few of us. that's how it's always been, anyway.

How do you setup image banners?

Hālian He/him

I'd personally prefer a Guilded server to a Discord one, but similarly, I'm not great at server manglement.

Hālian He/him

Chocofreak13

Quote from: LucasW4R on July 31, 2022, 05:53:19 PMHow do you setup image banners?

click your username at the top of the page, and in the drop down menu, go to "Profile Settings". underneath the space for your avatar, there should be a bit for signatures. use [img], then the link to your image (don't host it here, iirc it's a headache to try and link from images you upload to forums like this. i use imgur, but plenty of image hosting sites exist that don't require money), then [/img]. you can preview your sig before you save it. images that are too large will be shrunk, so keep that in mind.

i don't think there's any sort of posting cap on it (like, you need ____ posts to do that), so that should work. (sorry the formatting is weird on this, i was trying to get the CSS code to show.)
click to make it bigger