PalmOS-tan

Started by C-Chan, July 16, 2006, 10:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptBrenden

it looks like shes gonna go toe to toe with 95, but insetead of a katana shes just gonna use the might of her pussy cat!

And if there are country tans, america had better have a big ass pair ass kicking boots and france had better be a floofy prissy chick with no back bone that sides with terrorists.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

C-Chan

Hahaha! From Japanese artists?
Like I said,... NOT the best time to mention it.  ^^;
(besides, you're using a gove computer right now)

In other news, I think I'll curtail that "vow" I made a little earlier since the remaining characters may require a little more time than I initially thought.  And for one thing, the cheap background I put up is okay for Me-tan and Palm-tan, but might clash with the other four OS-tans.  I'm thinking of toning it down or replacing it altogether, but I wonder if that's more work than is really necessary.  -_-'

BTW, Alfamille, I need your permission to put a Mac-tan in a less-than-flattering position.  Not really looking to bash Macs (in fact, all the other additional characters won't be brave-looking either), but also want to make sure you won't vow a vendetta against me if it comes down to it.  (I'll have enough of that from 2K-tan fans.) ^^;

CaptBrenden

I soppose I dont have to explain what would happen to you if 3.1 was put in a comprimizing position....

C-Chan

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"I soppose I dont have to explain what would happen to you if 3.1 was put in a comprimizing position....

LOL!  Well fortunately for my bacon (no pun intended), that'd be impossible for her (there's always that single Anime character that's unwavering in the face of just about everything.

Still, you just gave me a great idea for her appearance in my 3rd pic.  ^___^

Please remember this post -- that way, you'll get a bigger kick out of the joke!  ^_-

SleepyD

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"I soppose I dont have to explain what would happen to you if 3.1 was put in a comprimizing position....

...blue screen of death? haha *hits self*

Anyhoo, I knew I heard about the country-tans somewhere.
There's your country-tans.  The only ones I know about anyway. ^^

http://rubbersoul1967.googlepages.com/afghan-tan

C-Chan

Yo SleepD!  Long time no see!  ^__^

SleepyD

Yo. ^^

Yea, it's been a while since I've been here.  Haven't felt like drawing for a while either... ^^;

It's also really hot. XP;

Edit:
Furthermore, I agree that the aircraft-tans lack in original ideas.  And while I'm still off topic, does anyone else find these names amusing? http://s-witch.cute.or.jp/chara.html

And since I haven't made a comment on-topic, I'll just say this:

The Midori no Hibi thing was clever. haha, made me roffle. XD

CaptBrenden

QuoteQuote from : SleepyD

...blue screen of death? haha *hits self*

Anyhoo, I knew I heard about the country-tans somewhere.
There's your country-tans.  The only ones I know about anyway. ^^

http://rubbersoul1967.googlepages.com/afghan-tan

Well, I had a feeling America would be twisted an evil, but its not that bad.  Heck sometimes I feel we might thing like that myself, however then someone thinging they are defending the arab nations blows himself and 66 inocent bystandars (hell not even on american) up.  Americas form of justice may not be perfect but most times it is the best and does have others peoples well being in mind.

I have to say, I think they did a decent job on her.  We are indeed the richest ass kickers around with a superhero mentality.  That and I think her design is cute (tho I thought there would be more red white and blue in it) Her face kinda reminds me of Evangeline in negima, another favorite character of mine so thats a plus too.  Her birthday being the forth was cool too.

the whole Tan pun tho was freaking rediculus XD Afghan-tan instead of afghanistan? OMG I was rolling in the isles on that one.  I guess i dont have an appriciation for most of the other characters since i dont know anything about their countries.  We just call its stans place for all the countries that end with stan.

heh heh heh, the blue screen XD  I may have to do a little mini comic thats a spoof on the ring with the OS tans.  Before you die, you see the screen!

C-Chan

Hehe,... Uzbekis-TAN.  ^^;

The Ring idea sounds great, Captain!  And since we're doing the American version, you (especially YOU... ^_-) needn't look very far for an OS-tan to play Samara.

Here's a very quick [and cheap] concept art collage I put together to help:

Oh, and just as a fail-safe:

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g2/C-Chan_2006/OSRing.png

QuoteFurthermore, I agree that the aircraft-tans lack in original ideas. And while I'm still off topic, does anyone else find these names amusing? http://s-witch.cute.or.jp/chara.html

Oh dear GAWD, they really ARE making a series loosely based on Aircraft-tans.  @__@
I should've known those models I saw at Comic-con were a foreshadowing.... -___-'

Oh, and I guess the names,... sound,... like,....... um,...... different.... Ã,¬_Ã,¬

QuoteAnd since I haven't made a comment on-topic, I'll just say this:

AAHH!  Domo arigatou gozaimashita!  ^0^
YAY!!  My very first Midori Days fan/reader/viewer who saw Palm-chan!  ^0^

Truth be told, though, I only read the first volume of the manga.  ^__^;
I promise to read the rest soon,....  ^^;;

CaptBrenden

QuoteQuote from : C-Chan

Hehe,... Uzbekis-TAN.  ^^;

The Ring idea sounds great, Captain!  And since we're doing the American version, you (especially YOU... ^_-) needn't look very far for an OS-tan to play Samara.

Here's a very quick [and cheap] concept art collage I put together to help:

Oh, and just as a fail-safe:

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g2/C-Chan_2006/OSRing.png

QuoteFurthermore, I agree that the aircraft-tans lack in original ideas. And while I'm still off topic, does anyone else find these names amusing? http://s-witch.cute.or.jp/chara.html

Oh dear GAWD, they really ARE making a series loosely based on Aircraft-tans.  @__@
I should've known those models I saw at Comic-con were a foreshadowing.... -___-'

Oh, and I guess the names,... sound,... like,....... um,...... different.... Ã,¬_Ã,¬

QuoteAnd since I haven't made a comment on-topic, I'll just say this:

AAHH!  Domo arigatou gozaimashita!  ^0^
YAY!!  My very first Midori Days fan/reader/viewer who saw Palm-chan!  ^0^

Truth be told, though, I only read the first volume of the manga.  ^__^;
I promise to read the rest soon,....  ^^;;

how long did it take you to throw that togeather?  that just made my day XD  Altho, thats yet another 3.1 pic I dont have <.< >.> looks interesting.  Dosent seem much like water running off her...

and... OMG it all comes togeather! Dos and the evil cat from azamangadio are one and the same!!

As a note tho, I am a HUGE fan of J horror movies, and dispite thier poor special effects I do prefer the originals to the american ones.  Like ringu was better then the ring, and ringu 2 was definitly better then the ring 2. I dont know what the american film companys were thinking with that one.

and why do the aircraft tans have EARS?!?! THEY ARE ALL FIRED! ALL OF THEM!  Not even their delicios eye candy can make up for this!  
-.- Its official aircraft tans suck, and being a guy that LOVES anime, and grew up in an aircraft hanger, was a member of a helo born raid team and whos entire family is from the airforce, the fact that id dont like them really says something.

C-Chan

Glad to be of help, Captain.  ^___^
Yeah, the original picture is relatively new -- just peeled it off the Waka forum not too long ago.....

And yeah, I don't think that's water and cake is about as far as I'll guess on that one....  ^___^;

The collage only took me about 20 mins to make, so don't worry at all about the cost.  When I was younger, I used to churn out THOUSANDS of these for my old website and game projects -- if not for the fact that I sometimes drew in my own additions, it's a wonder how I ever learned to do original artwork.  -_-;
Too much damn time wasted on stuff that wasn't even my own,... oh well, at least I learned to do them fast.  ^___^;

I was gonna reveal DOSKitty as Kamineko later in my 3rd pic, but I just couldn't resist the temptation.  Now THAT'S what I call a Meme!  ^.^

Oh, and you preferred Ringu?
Whoops,... gee, um, now I have to feel foolish....  ^___^;

After all, 3.1-sama is a little too short to play Sadako,.....  ^^;

C-Chan added the following  41 minutes after last message :

I sure hope Photobucket doesn't have a small file limit, cause I keep piling on the pictures....  ^____^;

Ah well, a quick bit of shameless Palm-tan related trivia before I head off to draw some more.....  -v-

Due to the size and resolution of this web-friendly pic, you can't really see many of the smaller details.  But if anyone's interested in what Palm-tan has affixed to her vambraces, here are some enlargements:

All based off real PalmOS screenshots, mind you.  ^_-

CaptBrenden

QuoteQuote from : C-Chan

Glad to be of help, Captain.  ^___^
Yeah, the original picture is relatively new -- just peeled it off the Waka forum not too long ago.....

And yeah, I don't think that's water and cake is about as far as I'll guess on that one....  ^___^;

The collage only took me about 20 mins to make, so don't worry at all about the cost.  When I was younger, I used to churn out THOUSANDS of these for my old website and game projects -- if not for the fact that I sometimes drew in my own additions, it's a wonder how I ever learned to do original artwork.  -_-;
Too much damn time wasted on stuff that wasn't even my own,... oh well, at least I learned to do them fast.  ^___^;

I was gonna reveal DOSKitty as Kamineko later in my 3rd pic, but I just couldn't resist the temptation.  Now THAT'S what I call a Meme!  ^.^

Oh, and you preferred Ringu?
Whoops,... gee, um, now I have to feel foolish....  ^___^;

After all, 3.1-sama is a little too short to play Sadako,.....  ^^;

C-Chan added the following  41 minutes after last message :

I sure hope Photobucket doesn't have a small file limit, cause I keep piling on the pictures....  ^____^;

Ah well, a quick bit of shameless Palm-tan related trivia before I head off to draw some more.....  -v-

Due to the size and resolution of this web-friendly pic, you can't really see many of the smaller details.  But if anyone's interested in what Palm-tan has affixed to her vambraces, here are some enlargements:

All based off real PalmOS screenshots, mind you.  ^_-

kamineko that was it, I couldnt remember -.-  they dont say it much in the anime.  Anyhow, for 20 minutes its pretty good XD  even if shes uh.. But even if its not I wouldnt mind telling XP that it is to watch her clean it off.

Sadako was pretty short herself.  They both seem like small almost child like girls in most of their pictures.  I can still see it.

Well, I dont know if you know much about it, but the ring/ringu is acutally the second part of a tirolgy of books.  the ring at least was close to the original and had many similaritys and some screen angles almost exactly the same, however number 2 they did their own story that lost all of the creepy elements of J horror butchered the story and general shamed themselves.  I mean seriosly, WTF?  she just wants a mom now?  I think not.  She has a grudge against every living person and wants them to all fucking die.  It dosent even begin to match her character for one.

anyhow enough ranting about that.  Since Im at work I currently cant see the picture (well not untill after 18 hundered, .coms are blocked till then. I can only get on ostans because it is a .net)

Anyhow... Ive got work to do, later all

C-Chan

Yo Captain.  

Sorry, in that case YOU ARE the definitve horror-movie guru.  ^__^;
I do know that Ringu was based off a really good book (trilogy, anyway).  But as far as the movies go, I only know that Ringu spun off a number of sequels, a prequel and a Korean knock-off, and they all sucked to various degress, but not as much as The Ring 2 (in all its killer CG reindeer glory).  Or was that called "The Ring Two",....?  Um, or "The Ring TwO".....?  -___-'

Glad it wasn't abbreviated to R20 (whoever thought that the "H20" or "AVP" labels could salvage two GAWD-awful movies should be dragged to the street and tarred,... not even worth the feathers....  `_' )

Actually, since I've seen a number of 3.1 pics elsewhere that are not yet in our gallery, I could try and upload them for you.  That way you can at least view them (what with the .NET thing and all....).  
Just wasn't sure if I could upload anything to that gallery; besides that, Pitkin won't be back till tomorrow no?  '_'

In other news, I finished the pre-sketch Poser work yesterday for the additional characters.  It only brings me at 10% completion, but preliminary inking & coloring (has to be both at the time) can go by really fast on Inkscape.  Weekend deadline is still a stretch, but not impossible either.  ^-^

CaptBrenden

Wow you must be on right now, cus I looked, there were no new messages... But I went to view the 3.1 pic since its now after 1800 here and low and behold another message magicly appears! Amazing!

Well that picture was worth the wait. its well drawn Ill give it that even if she is eating cake on her knees.  She should really be more carefull shes getting it everywhere.

Actually, knowing what that actually is, Id have to say I would have been pretty self consious if I was on the other end, what with doskitty staring and all...

Dont even get me started on AVP.  Im a huge aliens fan, have been since I was a little kid. The first comics I collected were the aliens comics and I remember way back when alien 3 came out that they were working on AVP.  It got canceled after Alien 3 failed and the plot was adapted to comic and book form.  I have to say I really enjoyed that version.  However when they made this new one they took the general bits of that story and then butcherd it and left a steamer on top.

The main character was a chick, she did end up working with a pred, and in the end she did help him defeat a queen and she burned a mark on her to name her a pred and when the other preds came she joined them and went out amungst the stars.  Exept for leaving with them the movie had all that.

But the original story took place in space, the humans werent compleatly unarmed and useless, there were more then 3 predators, there was no stupid piramids or anchient civilization on earth that got wiped out.  I mean what the fuck is that shit?  If they wanted to change the story, they should have come up with something compleatly new, or at least based it on the games (which are where the AVP name came from, because thats the quick name the gamers nick named it.  Just like half life opposing force came to be known as op for.)  That would have been cool, with the humans that were thrown in the mix being marines they would have mattered to the story. In that movie they played no role whatsoever exept being fodder, exept for her. However if they had been an elite team of marines like in aliens, with predators and aliens all around that could have been one hell of a cool movie...

well that is if they did that without the pgizing of it they did.  -.- they made avp a childerens movie to sell stuff.

If you havent seen Ringu 2, go watch it. the effects are poor still, but the japanes have a way of building suspence and atmosphere that make up for it.  the story is so much better too.

Upload them, upload them NOW!! *twitches like a crack addict*

C-Chan

QuoteWow you must be on right now, cus I looked, there were no new messages... But I went to view the 3.1 pic since its now after 1800 here and low and behold another message magicly appears! Amazing!

Hehe, actually I was just sniping in a quick message or two since there was a lull with work.  Since that's changed, I'll likely need to disappear for just a bit.

Btw, I can probably start uploading those pics by your 04:00, but if I recall Admin still has to approve them before they appear in the gallery.  So I'm afraid you're still in for a wait, Captain.  ^___^

Anyway, I'll be back soon!  ^.^
(FYI, I remember the Jaguar AVP game -- THAT storyline alone could've gotten me hooked on the movie, if only....)