Early Leaks of Windows 10 OS-tan concept

Started by Gui55, March 28, 2015, 02:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DustiiWolf

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on June 09, 2015, 09:24:37 AM
@dustii: you got links to their soundtracks, or was it just them singing Future Update?

also, post in Forum Feedback about the wiki, but make sure to screencap the problem first.

I found one on Youtube (you wouldn't of even known it was supposed to be Yu & Ai had one not known what they were looking for) and I posted about it a while back. The other one was from the DSP disk, which was also posted in the forum.

Future update was okay as well.
Official -tans are my bat signal.

Chocofreak13

thanks man, sorry i missed them earlier. :0
click to make it bigger

DustiiWolf

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on May 26, 2015, 09:37:57 PM
oh Japan. and i'm willing to bet americans will be barred from entering.

It would appear, now that the contest is open, that all you need is a valid email address, as they only gave me a privacy policy, which made no mention of region restrictions :|

It gave a few options as to the name (Anne, Sora, Neon, and one other that I forgot {But I do remember Google Translate kept spitting out a different Japanese name in English than the original was pronounced phonetically in Japanese}), as well as the option to input a custom name.

I put in Shin, which written as 新 apparently translates to "new", as Windows 10 is supposed to be new and improved, and written as 信 apparently translates to "trust", as Windows 10 will have to gain a number of users' trust that it's actually better.

Chocofreak13

Shinako, if it could be worked out with the kanji would be a pretty name. if nothing else, American fans could relate to the fact that it sounds like "shiny". -w-;
click to make it bigger

DustiiWolf

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on June 20, 2015, 08:05:37 PM
Shinako, if it could be worked out with the kanji would be a pretty name. if nothing else, American fans could relate to the fact that it sounds like "shiny". -w-;

T'is a beautiful name indeed. I like the sound of it.

However I doubt much Microsoft Japan cares about the American fans. Unlike Microsoft Taiwan, I've yet to see them have any interaction with the western market.

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Goujer (she/her)

I'm voting Marten McMicrosoft, I don't care how stupid it may sound I just think it would be funny.

Nichi

@Lego: All I can think of from that name is Marty McFly -w-;
[Back to the Future soundtrack intensifies]

Chocofreak13

Martina. they're only gonna accept a female name.
click to make it bigger

Ghost Member

I'm upgrading her now in the Enterprise Edition.

ิีbuild 10240 I wonder is this the RTM that they talking about

Ps. I'm not yet ready to intoduce(I'm out of mind.)

Chocofreak13

well, whenever you're comfortable doing so, feel free.

not sure how to feel about a mascot talking you through the installation process...
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on July 16, 2015, 03:18:25 AM
not sure how to feel about a mascot talking you through the installation process...
well i mean if you could turn off that feature then i say it's a go

Chocofreak13

my attitudes are changing towards it slightly after hearing some Win10 facts today. however, she remains as a blandy bland protag here. :\
click to make it bigger

Ghost Member

Her name's revealed 窓辺  とうこ ‏[Madobe Touko]

Introduction(Untranslate)
こんにちは。私、【とうこ】です。DSP 版 Windows 10 の自作パソコン応援キャラクターをさせていただくことになりました。  Windows 10 のこと、自作パソコンのこと、みなさんにもっと知ってもらえたら嬉しいです。

Her twitter:
https://twitter.com/windows10_touko?original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.1-s.jp%2F&profile_id=202070905&tw_i=627104305405800448&tw_p=embeddedtimeline&tw_w=339716053657587712

Just as I thought japanese team are simple mind. Touka istoo blunty to be called for 10th.
I've seen Sora, Touka & other two names in votes.

Now which weapon in her hand would fits her looks?
Sword? Rapier? Light saber? Archery Magic? Gun Buster? Mecha weapons? Grimoire Folder?

LeaflameSD

Wow

that is one of the most generic OS-tans I've seen.