Early Leaks of Windows 10 OS-tan concept

Started by Gui55, March 28, 2015, 02:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

oh Japan. and i'm willing to bet americans will be barred from entering.

i suppose naming her Juun is tacky. xD

(also, may i just say the "100 years in the future" part is so fucking stupid i want to cry.)
click to make it bigger

DustiiWolf

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on May 26, 2015, 09:37:57 PM
(also, may i just say the "100 years in the future" part is so fucking stupid i want to cry.)

Perhaps it supposed to symbolize Microsoft's vision of a successful "Windows as a service" model, with 10 being the "last Windows" under the traditional versioning and major release paradigm employed with previous versions.

That's what I think off the top of my head anyhow. Why else would she be from the future? Magical girls too mainstream? :P
Official -tans are my bat signal.

Goujer (she/her)

I like the white hair, it's a nice touch.

I agree the from the future thing is a bit odd, but will that mean there wont be any new Microsoft-tans for another hundred years?

Chocofreak13

@Dustii: it just feels soooo.......CLICHE. like, "ooo, let's make her more interesting by making her FROM THE FUTURE. they'll eat that up!"

we have no proof that MS will be around in 100 years. we have no proof HUMANS will be around in 100 years. if that was their intended angle, i'm inclined to hate her from the start solely because of their presumptuous arrogance. >>;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

My only issue is that there's really not much to her right now. She has more going on than the 8 twins or Nanami, at least, but she still doesn't have enough to feel like a fully fleshed out character IMO; all we know is "from the future", "works at store in Akihabara", and "plays online games". Maybe that will change when they release more promo material, but as it stands, it feels like she was created more as "waifu material" than anything (But I suppose that could boil down to a problem with the focus on moe in modern anime, which is a subject stretching far beyond the scope of this topic).

Her costume is kinda cute, at least, even if the "10" on the skirt seems a bit silly.

Chocofreak13

go ahead and have that as headcanon, i'm not really comfortable with that. they don't really look alike in the slightest, outside of "generic anime girl" body type and clothes. :\

@pent: agreed. she's.....bland. uninspired. a marketing tool. tbh they started to get watered-down at the advent of Nanami, but things really started going downhill with the Silverlight girls. :\

this is one of my major problems when big companies get in on little things. they ruin the hell out of it.
click to make it bigger

Gui55

One question, hopefully you guys know a bit more about this than I do...........

In speaking of this new official Windows 10 tan, whom they say they're going to name on June 19, they also said in that news-press article that a girl actress will play the "voice" of her. This makes me want to know, is there actually animated cartoon films they make off of OS-tans besides just art/comics, and if so, in Japan only? I mean, I'm in the USA, and I've been able to find one OS-tan animated film with Nanami on YouTube, but that's about it (it had English subtitles). I ask this because I'd like to watch some more of these if I knew where to find them.

Anyway, thanks again you all for the input, I really like her character design myself! (Does anyone else also? :) )

Chocofreak13

Silverlight had a few animation/slideshow type things, and there were a few animations involving Claudia, Nanami, [insert computer dude here], and Ruri. weirdly enough they haven't crossed over with SL (likely due to the language barrier, the Silverlight Girls are from Taiwan), or the 8 girls. They've released a few songs voiced by some MS girls as well. :0

(not to mention the soundpacks that go with Windows; hopefully 10-tan will have better voicing than the 8 girls)
click to make it bigger

Goujer (she/her)

I have only two things to say:
1. Gecko is my bro. (Nanami's coworker)
2. Microsoft better continue to make those anime shorts and they better have Ai, Yū and Marten McMicrosoft appear in it.

Chocofreak13

you're gonna have to enlighten me as to the last one.
click to make it bigger

DustiiWolf

Quote from: Legojer on June 04, 2015, 12:37:52 PM
I have only two things to say:
1. Gecko is my bro. (Nanami's coworker)
2. Microsoft better continue to make those anime shorts and they better have Ai, Yū and Marten McMicrosoft appear in it.

"Marten McMicrosoft"???

I must agree though that I would enjoy seeing more shorts. (even though I don't understand Japanese, I found the Claudia shorts [based off the webcomic], with Nanami and "Gecko"(?) to be entertaining).

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on June 03, 2015, 09:25:18 PM
Silverlight had a few animation/slideshow type things, and there were a few animations involving Claudia, Nanami, [insert computer dude here], and Ruri. weirdly enough they haven't crossed over with SL (likely due to the language barrier, the Silverlight Girls are from Taiwan), or the 8 girls.

There was a comic crossover with Yu, Ai, and Inori Aizawa (also MS Taiwan) in the Inori Dayo comics, however, that is likely a different story as its more easily done than voice acting.

Still, I think the lack of Hikaru (the remaining Silverlight-tan) is more due to the deprecation of Silverlight itself in favor of the Windows Runtime (which can be seen as an evolution of Silverlight and the WPF). I even saw a tweet on the official Hikaru account talking about her desire for a Silverlight 6 (5 is fairly outdated and been left to collect dust). Poor thing...

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on June 03, 2015, 09:25:18 PM
hopefully 10-tan will have better voicing than the 8 girls

I found their [Yu & Ai's] voices quite fine. Not overly interesting or engaging, but they weren't horrible, to say none the least.

The VA for Windows 10 [insert name here] -tan is Ai Nonaka, who is known for a few Anime roles, most notably the Puella Magi Madoka Magica series, as the feisty, self-centered, fiery girl of hunger "Kyouko Sakura".

Chocofreak13

they're not bad, just.....bland as shit. compare to Nanami and they sound almost zombie-like. the sound i remember most is them saying "ja-jaan" together, where i hovered between annoyed and creeped out.

tooootally not what i had expected for their voice actors. given their faces/actions, i'd expect more liiike.....

Mako's VA for Yuu

Asuka's VA for Ai
click to make it bigger

DustiiWolf

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on June 09, 2015, 01:13:40 AM
they're not bad, just.....bland as shit. compare to Nanami and they sound almost zombie-like. the sound i remember most is them saying "ja-jaan" together, where i hovered between annoyed and creeped out.

tooootally not what i had expected for their voice actors. given their faces/actions, i'd expect more liiike.....

Mako's VA for Yuu

Asuka's VA for Ai

Their sound effects were a bit bland (Like, Mario Sunshine's Princess Peach levels of bland), but their soundtracks were better.

Also, Wiki page is up

(Sidenote: I've noticed that certain elements do not properly align on the Wiki. :\ Just a minor annoyance, though I wonder how hard it would be to fix this, or if it's a rendering engine thing.)

Goujer (she/her)

Chocofreak13

@dustii: you got links to their soundtracks, or was it just them singing Future Update?

also, post in Forum Feedback about the wiki, but make sure to screencap the problem first.
click to make it bigger