/OSC/ Skypetable - Terrible Fanfic Round Robin

Started by Chocofreak13, October 11, 2013, 12:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

here is the thread where we plan to get together and read terrible 'fics together. if we plan enough, perhaps we can assign parts to a particular 'fic, record ourselves reading our lines, and then edit them together for youtube.

post here about the terrible 'fic reading, to suggest a particular 'fic, or to campaign for a particular part in a 'fic.
basic requirements:
- webcam
- microphone
- ability to read
click to make it bigger

Bella

If you need an ambiguously Upper Midwestern or vaguely Rhode Island-to-Long Island sounding reader, I'm your person. owo

NejinOniwa

I have recently gotten confirmation on the fact that I can speak scottish. By a scottish person. Soooooo...yeah. Another one for the list...

Actually it's been some time since I practiced reading things aloud for people, so this would be nice to do.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

Normal
British
Russian
Demonic
Little Girl
Harley Quinn

assign all these roles out and they are the parts i can play. (i can potentially play an "older" voice too, though i'll need to practice.) -w-
though, if we do video, i'ma need to buy speedy a cooling pad. :0
click to make it bigger

Nichi

My voice range includes:

- Normal
- British
- Girl (needs work)

It'd be tricky if I want to join, though. I'd need enough notice to migrate 2k to grandma's office; for best connection and least mom interference

NejinOniwa

An attempt to comprehensively list my various english modes, I suppose.
-Some sort of generic american-ish
-Texan
-Scottish
-Posh british/oxford
-something like a londoner
-gandalf
-fab 5
-baguette
-perestroika
-surströmming
-perkele
-kraut
-yarr
-nejin's mystery box

As far as my voice range goes and how I can use those accents...
Gods. Too many options. Suffice to say I can probably not do an authentic girl voice - at least, I think it sounds wrong - but the rest is just fair game. Singing a lot makes you good at this stuff.

Chocofreak13

if we go racist i can do asian.

@nej: you can assume the voice of a fish? :0
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Blub blub blub.

But no, just like Baguette indicates frenchie accent, Surströmming indicates the typical swede.

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Chocofreak13

wtf is Kraut then?

also, have we picked a fic' yet?
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I know I've already claimed my own story, The Return of Jamie, for a dramatic reading, so no-go on that one.

Maybe we could do the terrible Zelda fanfic I wrote and posted in Scrap Paper the other day?

NejinOniwa

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on October 17, 2013, 09:48:12 AM
wtf is Kraut then?

also, have we picked a fic' yet?
Lol? Kraut is kraut. Is there any need for debate on this? :)

As for readings, it's probably better to find the works of other people - in the interests of keeping things civil and whatnot.

Nichi

Hm. I'd say My Immortal, but that's way too overdone. Can anyone think of any other legendary bad fanfics we could do?

NejinOniwa

Legendary bad is probably not a good idea either - best take something somewhat obscure that everyone hasn't heard of already.