Hot Button Topics (religion, politics, sports)

Started by Simonorged, January 23, 2013, 10:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simonorged

okay... but, what's the point? I mean, now a days if you on your own your better off.
Unless you're married or common law married, there's no shared healthcare, and well what I trying to get at is why should it be anything worth it seeing the added expenses for both sides.

(I don't want it to seem like I'm against marriage.)
Simon was here :P

Chocofreak13

companionship? splitting the financial burden? if there's a child involved? also, common law marriage occurs after living together for at least 7 years, so to get to that point you'd need to be together. :\
click to make it bigger

Bella

I'm pro-marriage and pro-marriage equality. Although I think a committed, loving relationship between two unmarried people is just as valid as a committed and loving married relationship, there are a number of benefits given to married people that I think makes marriage a more appealing option.

NejinOniwa

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/134672-harvard-cracks-dna-storage-crams-700-terabytes-of-data-into-a-single-gram
http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/151696-ibm-on-track-to-building-artificial-synapses
http://thenewamerican.com/tech/computers/item/14980-president-obama-wants-to-get-inside-your-brain
http://www.groundzeromedia.org/short-circuit-burn-out-your-dead/

And so on! Biological technology. Tech and developments in the field that aims to get in under your skin, literally. There are many implications and many possibilities for these sorts of tech.

What do you guys think about biotech in general?
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

if it can extend my life and/or plug my subconscious into the internet, i'm all for it. if it can save lifes, fuck yeah. if it does ANYTHING besides just experiment on animals for the sake of "research", bring it on.
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

I think biotech is pretty interesting.
The money it could make, lives that you can save, it's just going to get bigger and bigger over the years.

Chocofreak13

Opinion of Dustiiwolf, if you have one. go.
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

How is whining about past members a "hot topic"...?

This ain't a dang grafitti wall, miss. -_-

Chocofreak13

F you.

and considering the debate going on in relationships, i figured it went better here.
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Badmouthing history is something we'd be better of without at all, miss. And please keep track of who you're angry at, for hells' sake.

Bah, whatever.

Simonorged

Come on, calm down. At least you don't have to see him in person 5 days a week.
he is pathetic in real life, he really is.

But lets change the topic a little shall we?

Beliefs, free gain or nuisance.
At what point do you stop talking.

Chocofreak13

dude, that's not the same guy i was talking about. the dustii here doesn't even live in the same region as you.

@nej: i say "f you" because you're getting fricken' snarcky with me. "this isn't a graffiti wall huehuehue" i'm not bitching, i was trying to move what has become a debate into the proper fucking thread. but i guess i got cut off anyway, so who the fuck cares.

when you're fighting a losing battle in terms of beliefs, it's time to shut the fuck up.
but when you're being cut off when you're not even saying much, then it's time to scream it the fuck louder, cause come on people, i'm not even trying to "badmouth" the guy here per se. you all started voicing your opinions of the guy (WHICH TURNED INTO A DEBATE, IN THE WRONG THREAD, COME ON), so what am i supposed to do? keep my mouth shut because OTHER PEOPLE *THINK* i HATE the guy? i have my reasons, how about you let me fucking say them.

[/rant]
click to make it bigger

Simonorged

NejinOniwa

Writing in caps = being mad, unless context is really clear otherwise. Don't do it.

Pitkin

Opinions on site members - former or current - do not belong to Hot Button Topics. It's not politics, religion or comparable. If anywhere, the Relationships or Topicless threads are appropriate for them, and even there outright bashing is not welcome.

Keep it civil. Personal problems between people can be taken care by Private Messages, by angry Skype calls or by a duel in the dawn. Mind you, I'm sleeping until noon so not available for the latter.