Hot Button Topics (religion, politics, sports)

Started by Simonorged, January 23, 2013, 10:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

In my family, Coke products are typically what we went with as far as brand names, although sometimes we'd do Pepsi to be different. Most of the time, however, mom went with shitty store brand sodas "to save money"; even if they taste horrible >_>;;

Chocofreak13

i'm not shitting you when i say pepsi LITERALLY MAKES ME SICK. .__.

anyway, other than that we usually just get the same sodas all the time: coke, barq's, canada dry, and sunkist.

@simon: i'd be up for debating that if we didn't already have a bunch of topics devoted to os preference in the computer section. :\
click to make it bigger

Simonorged

okay well... got any Ideas on what to debate? :-\
Simon was here :P

Chocofreak13

the coke/pepsi thing could be dragged on for a while longer....

or we could debate the merits of a 2-party system or some deep philosphical shit like that.

personally, i prefer the parlimentary system.
click to make it bigger

Simonorged

Yeah your right. Lets stick to the soda thing for now, we'll go to government later.

Who here has ever heard how root beer, was originally made?

Nichi

You know, the one thing that really irritates me with soda is when there's something I like that gets discontinued. As an example, I loved Dr Pepper Red Fusion, but they discontinued it back in '03.

That stuff was amazing; it was like they took the "science liquid" (As Nej would put it) and mixed it with a fruit punch to make liquid magic. Dr Pepper Cherry has a taste that is similar, at the very least :\

Chocofreak13

damn, that sounds cool. :0

@simon: i'm probably wrong, but wasn't it made in a response to prohibition? a lot of sodas got their start that way, including birch beer, most root beers, and ginger ale.
click to make it bigger

alfonso_rd_30

Quote from: PentiumMMX on January 28, 2013, 01:02:35 PM
You know, the one thing that really irritates me with soda is when there's something I like that gets discontinued. As an example, I loved Dr Pepper Red Fusion, but they discontinued it back in '03.

That stuff was amazing; it was like they took the "science liquid" (As Nej would put it) and mixed it with a fruit punch to make liquid magic. Dr Pepper Cherry has a taste that is similar, at the very least :\

yes, there are some times interesting flavors, but that's more common on the chips and fries area....

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

alfonso_rd_30

well, personally I love friies (here known as Sabritas, the lays brand), I even eat two bags every day at 2:30... so new flavors are always being developed... one example, the dreadful Flaming Hot Variety... too spiy for my taste, but there are other nice flavors that from time to time appear just to vanish months later... There was, for example, This brand of the Barcel Product called Quezas, with a perfect blend between cheese and Habanero chilli... but only lasted like, four months... Regarding to soda, The only change noticeable in my experience is when they turn the pepsi blue for the winter Holly days...

Nichi

They still have Pepsi Blue in Mexico? I always wanted to try that *w*

Chocofreak13

IMPORT IT

@alfonse: ahhh, i thought that's what you meant. we don't get many special edition flavours of chips up here, or at least less so than soda. i wish i lived in closer proximity to ohio (or at least wish the reach was wider), since Faygo puts out more flavours than i'd know what to do with.
i also wish it was easier to get japanese snack foods, since the japanese have a love for anything special edition, and as a result have put out some very nummy special pocky flavours in the past. (god i wish i had hoarded the decoration cake chocolate banana when it was out. not only was it from my very first asian market but it was also TO DIE FOR.)

for when we get off of the debating of snack foods: what does everyone think of health care? could be the way things are handled, the accessibility of affordable health care, and where we draw the line on what doctors get to do.
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

*Hisses* Faaaaaygoooo.  We have it here, still tastes awful.

I have my fondness for 'third-party' sodas like Squirt, RC, Cheerwine, Ski, etc.  Not to say I don't like Coke or Pepsi (Coke), but both flavors of plain Cola lose out to RC.  I love Cherry and Vanilla Coke though.

As for chips; I've promised Bells Chesapeake Bay Crab chips, and my mom got me a bag of my favorite Buffalo chicken flavored ones.  Its all about looking when it comes to strange chip flavors I've found, they're all over the place.

Simonorged

Cape Cod potato chips(kettle cooked) and crunchy Cheetos

Nichi

@Stew: I like RC as well. Very underrated :3

As for unusual flavors of chips, I liked the Honey BBQ Cheetos they kept stocked in the hospital's vending machine. Now if only I could find where to obtain it elsewhere...