Hot Button Topics (religion, politics, sports)

Started by Simonorged, January 23, 2013, 10:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

On coffee, I enjoy it. My dad and I used to meet up with grandpa every Wednesday morning to have coffee with him :3

As for energy drinks (Monster, Red Bull, etc.), I find those nasty; give me coffee over it anyday.

Chocofreak13

i've heard 5 hour energy actually works. seems my dad tried it, and he's for it.
as for caffiene, i can't stand the taste of coffee or energy drinks, but tea and soda fit my palette just fine. -w-
i started drinking coca-cola to combat depression, but i'm so entrenched in the need for it now that it takes me at least 3 or so just to get buzzed. ^^;;
click to make it bigger

alfonso_rd_30

3 Goddamned cokes a day...? man that's a lot... personally I like coffee, but I take it with milk... never got used to the black coffee's tasteee...

but I'm more a water/pepsi guy... 1 pepsi at 2:00 - 2:15 daily... in a break from work just b4 eating...

SleepyD

Yeah, a lot of people sing 5-hour energy's praises.
Oh, caffeine in soda has NEVER affected me at all. As a matter of fact, drinking a can of caffeinated soda usually makes me sleepy, not buzzed. If I drank enough soda to get buzzed, I'd probably be more concerned about being sick to my stomach. haha

Nichi

Caffeine in the amount typically found in coffee (How my dad prepares it, at least), tea, and soda doesn't really affect me anymore. I have a high tolerance for it

Chocofreak13

just for the record, there's actually less caffiene in one can of coke than in one cup of coffee. even less in tea. but like pent, over the years of drinking it it's likely i've built up a tolerance, the way i did to ibuprofen (i rarely take it anymore, but it takes 3-4 for it to have any effect).
oddly enough, i've become so used to the ingredients in coca-cola that the acids are actually soothing now. they have more of a calming effect on my stomach than riling it up. even stranger, drinking pepsi makes me violently ill.
don't judge me based off of how much soda i drink. only reason i started drinking it so much was to combat the depression, and now i'm so scared of going into withdrawl again that it's become a cycle. >>;
that, and it's just damn tasty. and it still perks me up a bit on occasion. ^^
click to make it bigger

alfonso_rd_30

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on January 25, 2013, 11:50:04 PM
just for the record, there's actually less caffiene in one can of coke than in one cup of coffee. even less in tea. but like pent, over the years of drinking it it's likely i've built up a tolerance, the way i did to ibuprofen (i rarely take it anymore, but it takes 3-4 for it to have any effect).
oddly enough, i've become so used to the ingredients in coca-cola that the acids are actually soothing now. they have more of a calming effect on my stomach than riling it up. even stranger, drinking pepsi makes me violently ill.
don't judge me based off of how much soda i drink. only reason i started drinking it so much was to combat the depression, and now i'm so scared of going into withdrawl again that it's become a cycle. >>;
that, and it's just damn tasty. and it still perks me up a bit on occasion. ^^

no one's judging you... personally if there's still, or I am alone I drink almost 3 lt. of pepsi...

Chocofreak13

the median is about 3. there are days when i've only drank 1, and days when i drank 5. typically the number fluctuates based on what else there is to drink in the house. (for example, if there's juice around, i might drink that instead, especially if we're running low or i'm trying to conserve.)
click to make it bigger

Pitkin

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on January 25, 2013, 11:50:04 PM

I have the habit as well, to drink Coca-Cola to alleviate an upset stomach. Used to drink terrible amounts of it some... six-seven years ago, but way less these days. Maybe a couple of times a week a glass or so. Back in time, whenever I got too worried about the excessive cola use, I replaced it first with ridiculous amounts of tea per day to avoid the splitting headache, and then gradually decrease the tea itself. Nowadays I drink coffee (always black, without sugar) instead, and prefer it so: a mug of coffee makes me feel like for a moment like there's no hurry, nothing urgent, just me and my news and books.

Also, regarding Pepsi, I'm okay drinking it if I want a cola but there's no Coca-Cola around. However, I find its smell very unpleasant.

Nichi

Since we seem to be on Coke vs. Pepsi now, I'll say I typically prefer Coke, but I will drink Pepsi on occasions

Chocofreak13

@pitkin: yay, another person who knows coke's healing properties! ^^
i've considered phasing out my coke drinking with tea, but i'd have to be drinking as many mugs a day as what they reccomend you drink water (so like 7-8 cups a day?), which isn't really feasable since idk if i'll be around a microwave that much in one day. (plus cream and sugar, so that's out. >>; )
i HAVE promised myself, however, that the day i get pregnant is the day i cut caffiene. i plan to have children someday, so it's a reasonable goal. i know reports of caffiene stunting growth have been disproven, but i want to put myself on a super-healthy super-diverse diet so my kids come out like little superheros. -w-

@coke vs pepsi: when i was a child, i think i may have drank pepsi at some point, but we've always been a coke-products family, so i just sort of naturally fell in with that. my sister enjoys pepsi products, but a couple summers ago is when i started drinking coke religiously, and ever since i can't drink pepsi without getting really sick.
other products from the pepsi line, however, are up for speculation. it really depends on what it is, though for some (such as root beer), i just prefer the coke version anyway due to taste (barq's, owned by coke, has a sharper taste than mug or a&w, which is what i want from a root beer vs a malt taste).
click to make it bigger

Cockleshell

I live off of monster energy drinks -w- Literally I have on every morning instead of a coffee. it's bad.
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Chocofreak13

since i can't stand coffee, coke replaces that. or occasionally tea, if i'm in the mood for it.
click to make it bigger

Simonorged

I like Sprite and Minute Maid so... Coke

How about a new topic, like... the preference of OS types
Simon was here :P

stewartsage

I've never been able to stand Pepsi, though neither of my parents have ever shown a strong opinion on sodas.  Except for mom's occasional purchase of Tab.