Hot Button Topics (religion, politics, sports)

Started by Simonorged, January 23, 2013, 10:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

yet another reason to hate tumblr, fake hipsters, and social justice at large.

hopefully someone will make them a gofundme page. :\
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Bella

This isn't related to anything, but I love you for that GIF.

Chocofreak13

well if i say 'hipsters' bells gets all upset. >>;

(also, seconding the gif thing. thanks for the new reaction image. -w- )
click to make it bigger

Cockleshell

What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Cockleshell

everybody, do you see which topic this is
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Chocofreak13

i'm confused here cocks

was that video a general post as something funny for this thread
was that referencing something specific
was that directed at someone

i'm confused
click to make it bigger

Bella

>mfw Hot Button Topics is full of Dr. Strangelove references

Nichi

I used to have a bootleg of that movie, but it was lost when my drive died :\

@the thing that was talked about earlier: Stuff like that is why I don't tell people IRL that I have a Tumblr. Granted, crazy people like that are why I distance myself from a lot of things IRL :\

LeaflameSD

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on July 07, 2015, 05:00:27 PM
yet another reason to hate tumblr, fake hipsters, and social justice at large.
also shit-brained feminists

Chocofreak13

^they tend to fall under either the fake hipster or social justice banner. real feminists are coolbros. shit-brained ones are the trans-exclusionary type. >>;
click to make it bigger

Bella

Sadly the TERFs are "real feminists" also - "No True Scotsman" fallacy and all that.

In general these are red flags for me:
-Complaining about trivial shit like manspreading, "A man said something vaguely rude to me that didn't relate to my gender, ergo misogyny", the existence of "men's" and "women's" versions of products, etc.
-Perpetuating incorrect data & statistics.
-Denying that cis women and trans women face different forms of misogyny.
-Denying sex-based (birth sex, not gender) discrimination against women / DFAB people.
-Any kind of dumb shit like "Male Tears", "~*~Misandry~*~", "Boys r weak af pass it on!!!!", nice job empowering yourself by acting like middle schoolers slinging insults on a playground.
-Won't confront or criticize institutionalized misogyny in certain cultures and religions.
-Making every form of discrimination a feminist issue (i.e. the ol' "Homophobes hate gays because they fear gay men treating them like straight men treat women" argument, which is full of holes.)
-Shaming, bullying and/or insulting people who are pro-women's rights but don't identify as feminist.

NejinOniwa

Well, Greece has now officially put its stamp of approval to selling itself into debt slavery.

Remains to see if the buyers agree. Also, chances of a military coup appear to be high. Not very surprising seeing as the people's 61% NO vote in the referendum (which was for a better deal than the one signed now) was answered with 80% YES in the parliament.

"Democracy" at its finest.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

revolts are happening. and i don't understand why Europe at large is mad at the "lazy Greeks" instead of the shitty banks that screwed them over and the governments who turned a blind eye to the transpiring situation. >>;
click to make it bigger