ostan-collections.net frontpage

Started by Fedora-Tan, October 27, 2012, 02:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DustiiWolf

Okies, no working preview of a modified version of my concept, for part of it i cant program. But i gots pictures! ^^

Landing Page (Gallery tile will randomly shuffle through images from the gallery {minus adult images})

About Dialog (Could be a hidden DIV thats unhidden by the about button similar to my working preview so as to look the same on all browsers)

Explanation of Non-labeled buttons
Official -tans are my bat signal.

Chocofreak13

duuuuude, this is awesome!! you really came through. i'm still gonna work on one in the name of diversity (and encourage others' designs), but if this ended up as our front page, i'd be fine with it. (i still want to see what's to come with everyone, though. encouraging participation in things that affect us all is a good thing!) ^^
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Very nice. I plan on still trying to get my design working, but yours looks great now

Chocofreak13

i still want to see people's designs, too! this is like a pageant; in order for one candidate to win fairly, there needs to be multiple candidates parading around. :3
click to make it bigger

Bella

I'm REALLY digging the latest revision Dustii. Do you think you'll be able to make a working model of it?

DustiiWolf

Quote from: Bella on November 03, 2012, 02:46:44 PM
I'm REALLY digging the latest revision Dustii. Do you think you'll be able to make a working model of it?

Sadly, no. The latest version is probably quite complex to program. especially the Gallery live tile that shuffles through random images (i wouldn't know where to begin), as well as programming it to behave the same on all screen sizes, amongst other things. And im not very good at designing a page completely from code, with no GUI designing software. ive only done that once, and it took me a year to finish it & make it work right.

DustiiWolf

Not to double post or be off-topic, but earlier in the thread people were using "s/he" for me (indicating you are unsure of my gender).

just to clear things up, im male. (doesnt it say so on my profile? I thought it did)

Chocofreak13

i think most of us had an inkling, but without an official declaration these things slip away. such is the way of memories, time, and life. ^^;;

glad to hear you reveal a bit more personal info. as i said before, start posting more in the other areas of the forum so we can get to know you. if you're gonna be a real, rooted member here, then that's what ya gotta do. :3

as for your latest stuff, well, i don't think fedora expected people with coding experience to walk into this thread, so the design you made stands, since they might be able to make something like that themselves. ^^
click to make it bigger

DustiiWolf

Chocofreak13

really.....you're REALLY going to play that card, when i was trying to be nice to you. you're only STARTING to post in threads that don't have to do with windows 8 or extensive projects you've involved yourself in in the past couple days (unless you count your introduction post, which here, i won't). the point i was trying to make is that in order to integrate yourself with the community more, we need to get to know you better outside of "his username is dustii, he likes windows 8, and he's a guy". but i suppose this is what i get for attempting to be friendly. (won't be doing THAT again anytime soon.)
click to make it bigger

DustiiWolf

Oh... :(

Im so sorry. *hugs*

I came off as a smarta** again, didnt i... my apologies. that's a bad personality conflict of mine.

Well, more about me... i like doctor who & sherlock holmes, am stuck at home with no life, i guess i could be considered otaku, and im somewhat of a geek.

Im also not your typical "manly man". im not fond of sports and like to shop.

*sighs*

For the sake of On-Topic: do you reaaaallly like my latest concept? i tried targeting users like you more (i want something everyone is happy with).

Chocofreak13

post more about yourself in the appropriate topics. if you like anime, go post in the anime section.

yes, i do like it. just because i want to see what everyone has to offer doesn't mean i don't like yours. you don't walk into a buffet and say "i'm only gonna look at the first 5 items". xD
click to make it bigger

DustiiWolf

Thanks! ^^ I noticed others werent as fond of my older designs.

Also, i was thinking that the forum description on the tile could change to list the latest topics posted in when a user is logged into the forum (since users already know what the forum is, and itd be another cool and useful way to incorporate live tiles.)

Either that or cycle through the latest replies to your posts. (just the topics. not the actual reply text)

Chocofreak13

i think latest posts in topics (whether they be new or used) would be a good idea for that, since we're thinking of someone totally new to the site with the design. that way, they can see what we're talking about. we could also set it to just show os-tan related topics, to advertise the site more. >w>
click to make it bigger

Fedora-Tan

[Post of end of the week end]

Got back just now, i browsed the posts since my last one but didn't see anything interesting and / or which would deserve further comments from me.

@DustiiWolf : Good luck xD (you'll understand) - I'm available in email if you need any help with coding.

-- Sidenote : I don't / won't really have the time to check this topic in further days, so please if anything comes out, contact me to see in which way we can put it online. Of course, i reserve the right to place it online and front page only if it fits what i expect, but i believe i said enough about guidelines regarding that. If any problems / questions please PM me as i won't necessarily see further discussions on that topic in there.