Fall 2012 AniMaple Leaves are Turning Red

Started by Chocofreak13, August 06, 2012, 03:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

Let me know if Jojo is any good. I always wanted to play the fighting game based on it, which was advertized in the back of the instructions to a Mega Man spinoff game I have (It's from the same developer) :3

NejinOniwa

Like i said, Jojo is terrible. Dropped for me.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

SleepyD

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on October 10, 2012, 09:09:44 PM
as for hidamari, it looks adorable, but if i'm to watch it i've got 3 seasons before it.

and tbh as cute as it looks, the energy spent making a 4th season could have been spent making the rest of the pickings less....meh. ;^;

Like I said earlier, it's something to watch after turning off your brain. Not something to watch straight through because it's super funny or has an interesting plot, but something to watch an episode or two at a time to unwind. I watched moe/cute, pointless slice-of-life shows so I could stop stressing over the engineering stuff and school stuff I had to do, and I learned to like these shows, and still do even now without all that academic stress in life.

Well, Shaft has no control over what other studios are doing, but I imagine that with all the *-monogatari and Madoka stuff, they would eventually return to the other thing that fans were clamoring for a sequel for. (they're out there, I know them lol) It has been more than 2 years since the 3rd season aired, after all. And the manga, I believe, is still continuing.

Chocofreak13

hidamari or madoka? :\

@nej: one person's terrible is another's holy grail. take madoka, for example. >>;
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Not terrible in that way. Unless you somehow can see shit animation quality as appealing...
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

SleepyD

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on October 11, 2012, 10:13:47 PM
hidamari or madoka? :\
which part?

"I imagine that with all the *-monogatari and Madoka stuff, they would eventually return to the other thing that fans were clamoring for a sequel for."
Hidamari. Madoka Magica anime stuff is still ongoing, what with the movies and all. They gave a hidamari OVA... last year, I think, to placate the fans, but I'm sure they still want a full season.

"And the manga, I believe, is still continuing."
And yes indeed the Hidamari 4koma manga is still ongoing. And for that reason, there's enough new (well, as "new" as moe slice-of-life shows like this can be) material for another season.

Quote from: NejinOniwa on October 11, 2012, 11:19:04 PM
Not terrible in that way. Unless you somehow can see shit animation quality as appealing...
It's certainly not appealing, but for me, animation quality isn't a major prerequisite to my enjoying an anime.
...I'm actually not entirely sure why I like the anime I like, but I guess that's me being way too open minded for my own good.

Chocofreak13

@sleepy: you answered both, so i'm covered, thanks. :3

@nej: i've actually been conditioned to appriciate lesser quality animation due to TK freezing whenever i tried to watch something HD. this also led me away from most shows that are heavy in CG (read: Nazo no Kanojo X). dunno how this will translate into Loly, but it's important to note that there's more to an anime than just animation quality. i've wanted to know more about Jojo for years, so it could be a bunch of stickfigures animated in Pivot and i'd still watch. :\
click to make it bigger

Chocofreak13

guys, i think there's even more anime on there now. there's one on there called Psycho Pass, what do you think of it?
click to make it bigger