Games General

Started by NejinOniwa, September 27, 2011, 04:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeaflameSD

ettanb

A player of shot-en-up that dislikes Serious Sam is wrong in the head.

The worlds need a game where the trio Serious Sam, Duke Nukem, and John Kane (Doomguy name in the novels) kick ass together against... well, I do not know.... the mother of all ass kicking?

alfonso_rd_30

SEUS aren't my kinda games... I'm more a Fighting Plataformer Guy... But I was addicted to Duck Hunt

LeaflameSD

The damn dog... he laughed in your face when you missed. Grr...

Nichi

Indeed. That dog annoyed me >_<

I've never been crazy on FPSes; the only ones I really like are Doom, Goldeneye, and the Half-Life series

LeaflameSD

I'm just gonna say this now for everyone; Call of Duty is a shit series, and it will always be.

Chocofreak13

amen, brother. though i know a few people would disagree with you.

the only first person shooter i ever played was 007: Goldeneye for the N64, and that's because it was one of the few multiplayer games i had for it. (plus, it was pretty cool.) it wasn't even shooting all the time, there was an option in the multiplayer for the weapon to be just slapping the hell out of each other. must have been an in-game joke, of sorts.
(they had the moonraker lasers, too.)

as for the genre as a whole, i never got into it. i find war documentaries very interesting, but that's because of the historical angle. for games, i need more of a hook to get me to play besides  "LOL I GET TO SHOOT NAZIS".

dunno if it counts, but i'm into playing games on my iphone recently. at first it was just solitare and Koi Koi (aka Hanafuda), but i downloaded a bunch more and have been slowly testing them out. i've gotten addicted to cat sliders, where the whole point is that it's a sliding puzzle of cats, and you need to get the calico kitty out.
click to make it bigger

alfonso_rd_30

oh, it counts... as little boys/girls games...

just kidding of course it counts...

In my old cellphone (Motorola V3 with a serious case of identity crisis -Can't decide if it is a T-Mobile T or a simple i - I play lots of puzzle games... thought now I'm reading lots of books too...)

LeaflameSD

I got Pokemon Red on my cellphone (Not Android/iOS)

Nichi

Nice.

I've started playing Banjo-Tooie again recently; slowly chipping away at 100% completion (My next great challenge, since I tackled Donkey Kong 64 last year). So far, I'm trying to find the last few items in Grunty Industries, before I move onto the final world...which features my single most hated challenge in the game (The Canary Mary rematch. Over a decade of kicking ass at the button-mashing minigames from the various Mario Party games is not enough to beat her .___.)

ettanb

About Serious Sam, I still suggest everyone to play it. gog dot com sells the first two encounter for cheap and they work fine in windows and linux.

alfonso_rd_30

Quote from: LeaflameSD on February 05, 2013, 11:31:22 AM
I got Pokemon Red on my cellphone (Not Android/iOS)

tried to get those to work... goddamned emulator never ran well... may as well try it later now that I can re modify my java apps from Nanami...

NejinOniwa

18-0-6 Zyra mid in my final promotion game to gold 1.

MAXIMAL STOMPING POWER HAS BEEN ACHIEVED
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

LeaflameSD

If you still have the Java handset or have a J2ME emulator I can send you the Pokemanz game...?

alfonso_rd_30

Quote from: LeaflameSD on February 06, 2013, 10:52:04 AM
If you still have the Java handset or have a J2ME emulator I can send you the Pokemanz game...?

I have it... screen resolution could be a pinch, but fixable