Games General

Started by NejinOniwa, September 27, 2011, 04:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

Most universal remotes I've had pass through my hands have to be programmed to be compatible with your TV, using a code sheet included with it. So, yeah; you'd need to know the make of the TV (And any companies they may have ties with, like the connection between Philips and Magnavox), and then try all the codes for that company

IanDanKilmaster

Pardon if I'm asking a stupid question, but can you not find out what kind of TV you have?  I mean with older models, it can be a pain in the ass sometimes, but certainly there's some form of labeling for at least the brand.  You could also google the serial number if that's somewhere on there.  Failing at all of that, most universal remotes nowadays come with the ability to cycle through codes automatically, of course, you'll still want to know if that particular remote works with your particular brand of TV.

On a separate note, I completely kicked inFamous' ass on hard today + collecting every blast shard & dead drop + completing every stunt = now I'm bored.  I could start a separate playthrough, but decided to try in the inFamous 2 demo today instead.  Can't say I like the new voice actor.  I'm trying really hard, but Sucker Punch did such a great job characterizing Cole the first time around ,and his voice (which was somewhere in between Christian Bale Batman and Charlie Sheen)  was such a big part of that, that it's hard to really embrace this change.  He doesn't seem like the same person I got to know.  Now I really wish more than ever that my XBox was playing SH2 properly :/.

The Choice of a New Generation.

stewartsage

This TV is impossible difficult. I got it secondhand and it's basically a black plastic box with a screen.  The labels have either come off or been worn into obscurity, other then the Energy Star logo and '13 inch Personal Television'.

Bella

That makes me think of our TV... it's a Polaroid LCD TV, but the dot over the "i", as well as the "r" and "l" in the Polaroid label have worn off. Now it looks like it says "POAOLD". 'w'

IanDanKilmaster

Beat Darksiders the other day on Normal, took a lot of incomprehensible swearing to get through it all, but I managed to get through it in under a week.  I probably would've beaten it much sooner, but I was dead-set on getting as much done in my first playthrough as feasible (it's possible to get everything in one playthrough, but I missed an opportunity to get everything, so I settled for what I felt comfortable with grinding through >.>).  Kind of an underrated game in that it's very rewarding compared to most titles in the genre, namely there's actually a reason to collect the "secret" armor.  Maybe it was just that I was playing on the mortal's difficulty, but once I got the Abyssal Armor and War's Glory enhancement, I was brutalizing everything.  That includes everything that was causing me to throw out numerous arcane (and not so arcane) obscenities at the TV screen.  Hell, even the final boss was fairly easy.  Normally, I'd feel pretty cheated if a game did that, but Darksiders does it in a way where you actually appreciate that you can just wreck everything.  You spend a good portion of the middle of the game getting your ass kicked, that by the time you have the ability to own all, it feels like sweet revenge.  That being said, this game didn't give me nearly as much trouble as inFamous did, what with even the most basic of enemies having the accuracy of a Marine Corps Spec Ops sniper even when using a machine gun >,<.  Then again, I was playing inFamous on hard instead of on Normal like on Darksiders, but I imagine it still would've been fairly difficult by comparison.

Pitkin

I've been playing a bit of Super Mario Galaxy on Wii. I find it really charming in feel and especially the music, and am actually very surprised I could get into another Mario game so long after Super Mario World. x) Admittedly a lot of the music is already familiar from the few older Mario games I've played years ago, but it doesn't really bother me, more to the contrary. ^^ Also, I'm amazed I can actually grasp the controls of a console game, but that's probably explained by the small number of buttons in Wii controls. :)

Nichi

@Pit: Ah, Super Mario Galaxy. I loved that game from start to finish

Well, I've found myself on another Pokémon kick, so I bought myself a copy of Emerald yesterday; bringing my old GBASP to work so I could play when I was on break. Also, maybe sometime I'll get off my lazy butt and finish my Crystal challenge run from earlier this summer...

IanDanKilmaster

GBASP!

You sir, are a champ.

stewartsage

I always wanted an SP, but, my GBC soldiers on like the champ she is.

I'm currently mucking about in World of Tanks, since what's more fun then riding about in a tank?

Nichi

I still have my original atomic purple Game Boy Color, which I got as a Christmas gift nearly 10 years ago (It will officially be 10 this Christmas).

I may have to dust it off and play some Super Mario Land to celebrate

NejinOniwa

QuoteWhat's more fun than riding about in a tank?
I'll tell you what - RIDING on a fucking WARHORSE in a MASSIVE CAVALRY CHARGE and CHOPPING ENEMY HEADS WITH YOUR MILITARY SCYTHE. DAMN RIGHT YEAH.

Also, playing Mount&Blade Warband.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

IanDanKilmaster

Just recently found a new addiction - FarCry 2...

I'm actually really surprised how much I like it. Then again, I never played the original or the console versions.  It's a lot of fun sneaking around, starting fires, causing explosions, and killing people using said methods.  I don't know why I'm enjoying this more than MGS4, but I am.  I guess it's the feeling of immersion, and everything you do feels like it requires a decent level of skill.  This game makes me feel like a badass.

Nichi

After hearing Pit talk about the original Commodore 64 version, and having stumbled onto the remake, I picked up Giana Sisters DS.

So far, I'm really liking it; it's definitely got a Mario feel to it, which after having played through and beaten both New Super Mario Bros. and Super Princess Peach, another Mario-like is welcome. Much like how the Krion Conquest is a welcome addition to my NES collection, by being a solid Mega Man clone

Nichi

Well, I now have the first 5 installments of the Mega Man X series. With the exception of X3 (Which is a Japanese version I bought from Pit), all are domestic copies.

So, as a result, I've been on a Mega Man X kick lately. If only I had room to setup my Super NES...

NejinOniwa

So eh
Guys
Skyrim

GOOD AS FUCK AND ALL, but what annoys me...

Spells get stuck when equipped, and you can't switch them out for another 1h weapon/spell.
FUCKING GIANTS CRIT MY ASS IN ONE BLOW? OH YEAH.
TROLLS? BURN THEM BURN THEM BURN THEM
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS