Games General

Started by NejinOniwa, September 27, 2011, 04:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

I was spoiled for some parts of Portal 2 so ik that feel. ;__;

Speaking of which, I picked up Half-Life 2, Episode 1 for a buck and a half at Goodwill. Even though I've never played the first Half-Life. And I'm not entirely sure how an XP-era game will run on a Windows 7 computer. I ... may not have thought this out fully.

Nichi

I run the first Half-Life on Windows 7 without issue, and it's a Windows 98-era game -w-;

Bella

Chocofreak13

dude, i managed to jerry-rig Theme Hospital onto Speedy at one point. i was running 32bit, and it took a little finagling, but it worked once i got it all figured out. and Theme Hospital came out in 1997.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I've jumped through hoops to make Ancient Empires (An old DOS game from '92) to run on Windows 7. Love me some DOSBox -w-

EDIT: So, because I realize I've owned it for over 2 years and haven't played it yet, I decided to finally start on Persona 4. So far, I'm not sure if it's a problem with my TV or a feature of the game, but it has a bit of motion blur to it that was not present in Persona 3 FES or other PS2 games I've played on this TV :\
(Granted, it might have to do with the weather system in the game)

Chocofreak13

idk if any of my anime mags have reviews on P4 (outside of the anime), but i could check if you want. want me to?
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Still want to play Persona 3 portable so I can play as a girl.

Nichi

@Kari: Go for eet~

@Stew: PSPs aren't too expensive if you shop around :3

Chocofreak13

and if you get a water damaged one, it'll look like it's in 3-DDDDDDD~~~
click to make it bigger

Nichi

So, I did some research, and apparently the motion blur in Persona 4 is intentional in certain areas. I guess it's an interesting touch :3

stewartsage

Huh.

So I bid on a God of War red PSP.

LeaflameSD

I've been playing Sonic 3 and Knuckles (not the Mega Drive version though, the Windows95 remake).

Nichi

Nice. As far as PC versions, I prefer the Steam version from '11 over the old Windows 95 edition from '97; as it keeps the original MegaDrive soundtrack

Chocofreak13

i've been invited to play terraria, only problem is that i lack a steam account. >>;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I have that game. Was on-sale the week following me seeing it in one of DeliciousCinnamon's livestreams -w-