Main Menu

random picture thread

Started by panda, February 15, 2006, 08:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

I fucking LOVE humanized discord. He's so fucking rad.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

Dr. Kraus

scrapped my old laptop today:

And sustained only minor injuries!

Bella

Chocofreak13

@bella: i second the horse sense notion. that thing is DAMN creepy.
@kraus: why the scrap?
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Yes!  Whirly humanized Discord!  One of my favorites.

Quote from: Bella on January 16, 2012, 04:21:24 PM
Quote from: stewartsage on January 16, 2012, 04:10:50 PM

What the fuck is that and why is it so terrifying?

Hi girrrrls!

Miners just surfacing on the mine Elevator at the Virginia-Pocahontas Mine #4 near Richlands, Virginia. They will make way for the 4 P.M. to midnight shift. The mines have to work shifts and a midnight to morning Or "Hoot-Owl" shift for cleanup operations. Note the variety of safety signs on the elevator gate and the prohibition of carrying matches, cigarettes or an open light into the mines. Most of the men who smoke chew tobacco while on the job. (04/1974)

Chocofreak13

speaking of which:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:SOPA_initiative

i met a friend's dad today. he was very nice, very jolly, and very russian. he told me a joke:
"A woman goes to visit her doctor. She says, 'Doctor, this diet is killing me. It's driving me so nuts I'm ready to bite my husband's ear off.' The doctor responds, 'Well, it's only 80 calories."

:3
click to make it bigger

Bella

@Stew: The horse is crazy Twilight? : /

Yay... coal mining. >_< It's unfortunate there has to be an industry like that in your state, let alone anywhere in America... hell, I live nowhere near the area and that's still one of my top NIMBY offenders.

stewartsage

Nimby?  That sounds like a sweet ass name for Safety Horse.

Bella

Quote from: stewartsage on January 16, 2012, 08:16:20 PM
Nimby?  That sounds like a sweet ass name for Safety Horse.

NIMBY = Not In My Back Yard. : I

Chocofreak13

i feel bad for the families. the risks imposed aren't worth the benefit in my opinion. if we could automate the process, then it would make coal a better fuel to use. but since we're not that far along, it's just another reason to dislike coal. :\

@stew: but safety horse already has a name. it's safety horse. :\

you guys need to stop posting so fast. you've interrupted me twice. ><;;
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Four Young Men Gather in a Beer Joint in Clothier, West Virginia, near Madison. They Are Left to Right--Michael Doss, 18; Lanny Green, 21; Junior Jeffory, 20; and Robert Johnson, 18. All Their Parents Work Or Have Worked in the Mine. Jeffory Is a Mining Foreman after Two Years, But Does Not Like It and Wants to Join the Navy. Green Can't Find a Job But Would Like to Work for the Railroad Doss Isn't Working, But Is Waiting for a Job in the Mines. (04/1974)

Bella

The guy on the far left looks like the lead singer of a 70s soft-rock band, the middle two are giving off crazy serial killer vibes, and the dude on the right looks like a kid.

Chocofreak13

what ever happened to johnson?

and for that matter, what ever happened to robot jones?

click to make it bigger

stewartsage