Main Menu

random picture thread

Started by panda, February 15, 2006, 08:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krizonar

Hm, it's not West Virginia, but perhaps close enough.

Nichi

Because everybody needs a GIF of DK apparently on a trampoline -w-

"Ooh, frozen banana~"

stewartsage

Chocofreak13

o     w      o;;

the fuck am i looking at
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Apparently, Pinkie Pie with a bananaphone

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Nichi

I think I know what that is, and I already know I don't intend on watching it .___.;

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Cockleshell

DHMIS actually has a lot of important social narratives if you look closely.

I've watched the videos at least 10 times each, I love them.

The first one focuses on how modern media suppresses the innate creativity of children and young adults.

The second video revolves around how we focus on the future and do not live in the present, thereby squandering our current opportunities in favor of a stress over that which may not come true.

Although the videos do end pretty disturbingly, I think it's warranted to have this element of surprisingly grotesque imagery to cement these underlying narratives into the mind of the viewer. Without the shocking turn of events, the person watching these videos may just shrug off the content as "cute" or "akin to the muppets". The suddenly adult imagery forces us to take a new look at the contents of the videos, to take it more seriously in a critical light. With the addition of these highly disturbing consequences unto the puppets, we as humans are naturally curious. So, the blood and guts serves as a mechanism to make more people watch it out of curiosity in the hopes that their message will be conveyed to more than a select few.

Just something to think about.
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Nichi

Interesting :3

I think I've posted this before, but reposting again because why not (Also, I'd totally wear that outfit)

NejinOniwa

Gods why was that series so shitty
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Nichi

What series? No clue who the character is; I just liked the artwork -w-;;

Balrith

It looks like Suou from the second season of Darker than Black.

First season wasn't as bad.

Chocofreak13

@cockle: DHMIS is really an interesting thing to behold, compelling even. and while the authors have claimed no direct meaning, i agree with your points on it. what other reason would there be for what happens? the first video's comment, "Now Let's All Agree to Never Be Creative Again" really cements what you said that children today are being stifled by today's society; not just the media, but even their parents and the schools, as parenting becomes less about the experience and more about the goal: college, good paying career, and more children. we as a world are becoming cogs in a machine. (mother of god, Ayn Rand was right.)

the second video's ending i see as a defeated sigh in the video's attempt to get the message across. the characters, despite seeing (their own?) pain and torment, pay little mind to the matter at hand and just turn off the tv.

click to make it bigger

Dr. Kraus

So I bought the last map pack of Cod: Black Ops 2 for the zombies, just wish I had some friends to play with... or a working headset for that matter...

Still really fun stuff, not quite the same as the old Cod World at War days with old friends back in middle/high school