Claudia Madobe - Nanami's got family!

Started by Kiso, June 09, 2011, 04:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiso

Okay, so I was avoiding going to Wakachan's board for quite a while due to some megatroll posting CP on the boards and no one was modding the threads, but today I come and find this:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/ja-jp/windowsazure/claudia/

So her name is Claudia Madobe, and apparently, she's Nanami's cousin. No only that there is another guy in there called Claude Madobe.

Seems like Microsoft Japan went full force with these Madobe mascot characters... seeing as this is posted in their MSDN site. Next they'll meet the Silverlight family and the Bing girls and somehow we'll end up having a MUGEN game over all this. (/Seriously lame joke.)
Sponsored by: iLurk - the new service that lets you stay and not be here | Procrast - the program where nothing intended gets done | HTML - home town messing life

Chocofreak13

already informed the forum, dude. thanks for the second link, though.
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

More like, someone finally recruited a 2channer for their PR work, amirite? =w=
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

can't tell if this is good or bad. kinda renders us semi-useless, huh? :\
click to make it bigger

Kiso

Damn... fail... sorry. ^^;

I guess I need to lrn2srch then... although I did look in the first few pages of the forum for a possible thread specific to her. So I guess double fail... for not making sure it wasn't posted already. I guess I got a bit too excited with the news of Vocaloid v3 set for release and the future Append for Luka. Still, I am now trying to find a translated version of their promo manga.
Sponsored by: iLurk - the new service that lets you stay and not be here | Procrast - the program where nothing intended gets done | HTML - home town messing life

Chocofreak13

yeah, once that comes around it'd be nice to have it in the gallery.

it also makes me wonder that now that microsoft's making characters for their programs, maybe the next OS will have an official -tan?
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Kiso

Why not have the Japanese one in the gallery while were at it? Also do these guys deserve articles on the Wiki?

As for an official Mascot... I don't think the top execs would even approve such thing... a mascot. They did have Clippy, but that was a help guide... and a useless one at that. If I had control of MSFT, I would have already held several contests to have a mascot and have the winners featured as themes for their respective OSes. Heck, I think they should make VNs or "educational games" using dem mascots.

Chocofreak13

@nej: nanami wasn't official.
@kiso: i was going to upload the comic when the picbomb disappeared, so go for it. :\
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Seeing as Nanami features alongside Claudia et al (as does Toshiaki btw), she sure seems to be now.

Aurora Borealis

The OS-tan fandom isn't going to die because of the 'official' mascots. Futaba barely acknowledges Nanami, for example.

NejinOniwa

Indeed. And I fair reckon MS isn't anywhere remotely close to bringing those anywhere close to our quarters...

Kiso

It's interesting, really. Futaba doesn't really give a damn about anything outside of their boards. It's as if there is nothing outside of their "perfect" little world. That's in huge contrast with Pixiv and the rest of the world that seems to not mind Nanami at all.

Buut... when did this become a matter of OS-tan fandom dying because there are some "official" mascots now? I mean, why would it die out because of it instead of simply gaining more widespread recognition?

Alex_Reetz

I was pissed when nanami came it. i saw it as an attack to the pure fandom that makes os-tans fun. when i found it is was just a cheap anime hook to get weeaboos, i loled. i actually love the futaba os-tans, but they are a bit perfectionist and racist when it comes to outsider's views.

Final Thoughts:
*Microsoft isnt taking the os-tan franchise seriously enough to be a threat.
*Fubata is in there own little world.
*I am the same way.

Chocofreak13

i like nanami. :3 (her design is less creepy than that futaba 7-tan with the red glasses and the grey hair. >>; ) however, i like some of the other mascots, too. (the schoolgirl with the white hair, for example, is pretty. :3) but nanami has the added bonus of having a themepack and commercial. >:3

the only thing that worries me is the "official" mascots might get all the art, and then there'll only be the futaba mascots and the "official" mascots. :\

EDIT: as it stands, i'm already expecting windows 8 to be a bit of a slut....(since she's purely touchscreen-based). >>;
click to make it bigger