Main Menu

Favorite Song?

Started by CanaryTan, January 30, 2011, 11:46:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoldierSpence

I usually listen to video game music.  But picking a few favorites is quite diffucult.  But I'll list a couple of my favorites.
1. The soundtrack of Mega Man X6.  If there's one thing people like about this black sheep of the X series, it has to be the music.  This is one of the best in the series.  This also seems to a common thread in certain games: It may be bad, but the music is damn good.
2. BlazBlue's soundtrack (Up to Continuum Shift Extend).  With the exception of Black Onslaught (Unlimited Ragna's theme), this is very well composed soundtrack.  From the hard rock and roll of Rebellion, to the epicness that is Awakening the Chaos and Sword of Doom, to the troll-tastic Gluttony Fang and Endless Despair, this is a go to soundtrack if you are looking for awesome battle themes.  Is it just me, or does Alexandrite (Makoto Nanaya's theme) fit in a techno level of a platformer? ???
Here's a link to listen to it:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bI7Yj6MSj3M&feature=relmfu

I hope your ready!

LeaflameSD

Quote from: SoldierSpence on April 14, 2013, 02:46:05 PM
I usually listen to video game music.  But picking a few favorites is quite diffucult.  But I'll list a couple of my favorites.
1. The soundtrack of Mega Man X6.  If there's one thing people like about this black sheep of the X series, it has to be the music.  This is one of the best in the series.  This also seems to a common thread in certain games: It may be bad, but the music
I actually liked Megaman X6. You're not wrong about the soundtrack, it was definately awesome *w* In fact, I think I might burn an ISO onto a blank CD for my modded Playstation.

SoldierSpence

Like I said, X6 is considered the black sheep of the series.  Some people like it, some people hate it.  I too enjoyed the game.  When I got the Mega Man X Collection on the PS2, and when I got around to playing X6- I couldn't get past the first stage of Gate's Lab.  Last summer, I finally did 2 complete playthroughs as X.  Now all I need to do is the Zero run, and I'm set.

I hope your ready!

Nichi

I've never played X6. Of the others on the PS1, I didn't like X5, but loved X4

Chocofreak13

i can relate to the love of video game music, at least. the video games, not so much.
click to make it bigger

SoldierSpence

Quote from: PentiumMMX on April 14, 2013, 03:19:51 PM
I've never played X6. Of the others on the PS1, I didn't like X5, but loved X4

I can see why some fans are torn about X5.  Keji Inafune had originally planned X5 to be the last of the X series, but the development for said game had secertly work on X6, in an attempt to revitialize the series.  The end result was a mixed bag, but a decent one, none the less.  Even though the game was pretty hard, I got some enjoyment out of it.

Edit 1: As for X7...  Yeah, the less talked about that train wreck, the better we're off.  I don't own the game, and I don't plan on it either.  I have heard that X8 was pretty good.  I have the demo on Mega Man X: Command Mission for the PS2.

Edit 2: Another soundtrack I completely forgot about- Demon's Crest.  The fact the Super Nintendo can handle Organ music is absolutly amazing.  Quite the underrated gem of the SNES library if you ask me.  Look it up when you get a chance.

I hope your ready!

Simonorged

Simon was here :P

Chocofreak13

currently listening to Hatsune Miku's "Secret Police", the song that inspired an entire Ace's High plot arc. -w-
click to make it bigger

Simonorged

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Bella

I literally cried for 40 minutes straight listening to the album IBM 1401 - A User's Manual by Jóhann Jóhannsson.

MY FEELS ARE IN SO MUCH PAIN RIGHT NOW.

aLSO I'M PRETTY SURE THIS COULD BE ONE OF THE MOST ME ALBUMS EVER CREATED. INSTANT FAVORITE?

INSTANT.
FAVORITE.

Simonorged

Nichi

So, listening to a '90s pop station at work, I've rediscovered some songs from my childhood I forgot about, or in some cases, remember fondly but never knew who sang it. Now, I at last knew who sang of seeing signs that opened up their eyes; a burning question left hanging from a bygone era xD

To name a few I have rediscovered and added to my iPod:

The Sign -- Ace of Base (Goes back to when I rode in a booster seat in the very truck I'm currently driving. Never knew who sang it until 20 years after it came out)
Children [Dream Mix] -- Robert Miles (Reminds me of the level theme to Rusty Ruin, from the Saturn version of Sonic 3D Blast)

Simonorged