We have all been gender flipped

Started by stewartsage, January 11, 2011, 12:49:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

*Boards Red Line train with Colonel-chan*

I think this one will take us to Kendall station...

NejinOniwa

As the train leaves the station, visuals start to blend into each other - 50 meters further ahead on the tracks, everything freezes. The sound of glass crackling can be heard in the distance, but this time it's not just the floor - every single bit of air seems to be on the verge of breaking. A second later, a clear tone - like when you tap a glass with a spoon - pierces the air, and everything shatters.

______________________________________________________________________________________

The pieces of broken images fall to the floor and dissipate. The party is once again together, yet with positions maintained - Chalk is a few meters off, holding a dissolving pencil, Colonel and Brandon is a few meters off in another direction, sitting on chairs that just ceased to exist. The rest of the party is very tightly pressed together - Nejina pushes her way out of the throng and heaves a breath. "You just bloody had to do that, didn't you!?" she yells frustratedly at Brandon and Colonel. As she looks around at their surroundings, however, her eyes widen. "I...where...why...Oh, blood. This had better not be what I think it is."

The floor looks like a psychedelically twisted chessboard, checkered in black and white and dotted with transparent panes of what seems to be glass - through them, seemingly endless layers of the same kind of landscapes are visible below. The sky looks like the surface of a jar of black paint that someone has gone at with a white paint sprayer - in the place of clouds, what seem like monochrome graffiti in some undecipherable tongue swim through the air. Nejina groans loudly and sits down on the ground, shaking her head.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

stewartsage

If it's a north bound train it should. *fidgets, barely concealing glee of being on a vintage subway car*  I wanna try the Mattapan Loop later too!  After we see your precious, precious Institute of Technology.  Let's see, HCKKC-PW in reverse means we'll pass Washington-UC then Charles before we get to Kendell.

*straightens up, looks around car full of disinterested commuters*

*whispers*

Did you hear that?

Bella

B'aw, you're so cute when you're excited! *Pats Colonel-chan's head* Of course we can do those things!

*falls silent*

*looks around car and listens, doesn't hear or see anything out of the usual*

Hear what?

Nichi

*Looks around at the strange, new setting*

This is weird to the point I half expect to see pink elephants and headcrabs on parade

Nichi

*Penti-chan notices that time has frozen around her; nobody is making a move at all, and she's able to double post*

I think I broke it somehow...

stewartsage

Y-You're so w-wonderfully vague in y-your replies, aren't y-you?

I c-could've sworn I-I heard a c-cat meowing or s-something.  N-Nevermind.  *produces and unfolds map of the city*  Wanna go t-to the Navy Y-Yard too?

Nichi

Quote from: stewartsage on April 22, 2011, 04:56:47 PM
Y-You're so w-wonderfully vague in y-your replies, aren't y-you?

What can I say? I enjoy being vague

(OOC: I sometimes find myself excluding important details with things like this, because old habits die hard)

Bella

Quote from: stewartsage on April 22, 2011, 04:56:47 PMI c-could've sworn I-I heard a c-cat meowing or s-something.  N-Nevermind.  *produces and unfolds map of the city*  Wanna go t-to the Navy Y-Yard too?

Sure.... but that's in the other direction... .___.;

*train arrives at Kendall Station*

We're here! I think....

Nichi

*Using a paperclip, some clay, a ballpoint pen, tube socks, a turkey baster, and the remains of the broken PSP, Penti-chan builds a functional portable TV; which she uses to watch some Doctor Who*

Chocofreak13

Chalk rolls in his sleep, having a very violent dream involving time loops and alternate dimensions.....and lots of references to Dr. Who. He unconsciously cuddles his Vincent plushie closer.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Watching all this Doctor Who gave me an idea...

*Begins hunting for components to build a time machine out of, using the portable TV I just built as the core*

stewartsage

You know better then I do.  Shall we disembark then?  *offers arm again*

NejinOniwa

On the platform, A Certain Demon Overlord is standing. He seems a bit confused as to what's going on, but he's carefully monitoring the oncoming train. He sighs and looks at his watch. "Damnit, she was supposed to have been here by now...aah, all this traveling is making me edgy." He opens up a map of the Boston subway system, and reads it thoroughly, not taking a single care for his surroundings.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Nichi

*Penti-chan searched the ground all about. But found nothing*

Well, so much for building a time machine...