OS-TAN THEORY 101

Started by Chocofreak13, December 22, 2010, 03:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurora Borealis

Is it because of the whole "wicked stepmother" thing in the fairy tales. I used to believe in the negative connotation because of "Cinderella" being one of my favorite childhood movies.

@Choco: Just try. Are there any questions you have about what's going on in here currently? Your interpretations? And anything else you'd like to bring up?

Krizonar

My explanation may need simplifying :P

Quote from: Aurora Borealis on April 11, 2011, 11:02:22 PMMac-tan/OSX-tan/OSX Public Beta... --whoever she is!!-- are catgirls.
Kodiak :)

Hm, that it could, all the first Macs were short, then, all of a sudden, after Antares, most are quite a bit taller.

Yes, she was raised in such a way as to be very professional and such (A/UX's security is so strong that it cannot even be emulated, A/UX recognized partitions, A/UX could scan over 4GB of Hardrive space, etc) , although from what I see, she had a silly side. She was conditioned very strongly, however, so definitely agreed that her upbringing played a very large role.

Well, there's that too, A/UX was one heck of a System :P
but the big question is... did A/UX ever have to restrain Antares? a lot happened in 1988 and I cannot find an exact release date of A/UX to check against System 6.0.2 (the patch that cured Antares) to see if my theory works of A/UX being... "made" of Antares. Though one thing is for sure, System 6 was released before A/UX.

All I can find useful is "Apple came out with their own version of POSIX compliant Unix, A/UX, in late 1988" which would put A/UX at coming out AFTER System 6.0.2, meaning Antares was fixed before A/UX came out, which would make my theory plausible. :)

@Choco: -step usually implies a divorce.
You can, you can! We can always shift topics.

Aurora Borealis

I thought A/UX-tan was slightly older, as A/UX was (presumably?) released in Feb '88, and System 6.0 in Apr '88. Dammit! It's a toss-up! x__x

As for the height differences, the first outlier was System 5-tan, who is 5'4" (while System 4 and older were 4'4" or less).

Krizonar

Yeah, late 1988 would most likely be after system 6.0.2, as it was released more in the middle. http://www.kernelthread.com/publications/appleoshistory//4.html says System 6 is older and hints at Antares hitting 6.0.2 (apparently released in September) before A/UX (apparently being released around November/December) was actually released. Man, Apple was busy...
still, it is rather a toss up, as it's still not exact dates :)
I think I just did something monumental though!

hm... but does a ghost have a standard height they stay at? Xd but point taken.

Chocofreak13

no, a ghost wouldn't. xD but i assume that measurement was taken when she was alive.
given the timeline differences, and that ya can't seem to nail down an EXACT date, i think it would come down to storyline purposes. what does everyone think should happen? personally i like the idea of A/UX being slightly older than Antares, and acting as a sort of mentor/onee-chan figure to her. :3
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: Aurora Borealis on April 11, 2011, 11:02:22 PM
A bit convoluted, but I do agree with the genetic engineering to some extent- mainly the reason why the OSXs except Rhapsody, DarwinOS, and Mac-tan/OSX-tan/OSX Public Beta... --whoever she is!!-- are catgirls.

Genetic engineering could also explain some of the height differences too. :P

Semi-related funfact: Word of God says that the the root of animal features in the Unix bloodline traces back to their part-avian ancestor, Multics. .w.

Krizonar

Individual storyline purposes suits me, since it cannot be exactly determined.

Though I think that Antares should be older, as it confirmed Antares (unstable version) is older, at least. Even if she was older, A/UX could still help her or not depending on storyline purpose and writer opinion.

Aurora Borealis

I think that'd still work just as well.

Chocofreak13

hmm, yeah. you guys know more about this than me, like i said. ^^;
click to make it bigger

Krizonar

Apple is about the only thing I know, computer-wise, so yeah.

Took me a little over a month to figure out you can move the Start menu.

We all have our knowledge specialties.

Chocofreak13

of course. :3

hmm, well, now that we've pretty much got that figured out, what shall we discuss next?

also, if i can get your opinion, would it be rash and foolhardy of me to dismiss the theories of those that refuse to recognize (or at least acknowledge) the canon literature? :\
click to make it bigger

Krizonar

Depends, is OS-Tan literature considered hard or soft?

Aurora Borealis

What do you mean? The original OS-tan canon? I acknowledge that, and so do most (if not all of us) here, even with the expanded universe.

Chocofreak13

eh, i've encountered a few people who forsake the canon completely to the point where it makes me want to track them down and punch them in the face. >__<;

eh, w/e. what to discuss?
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Not to say that the original canon is a bit sketchy on what actually is original canon and not...

But I'd say that commonly we've just melted and melded it into our own sets of theories.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS