Project Wiki OVERHAUL!!

Started by Aurora Borealis, December 06, 2010, 05:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

Bella

Thanks Pent. : )

Added some more theories to the Character Theories article (which I may rename "general theories" or something like that because it's moved really far past character and faction theories), and more info to the Life and Death section.

Nichi

Something I did think about, while looking around the wiki earlier. Should we make a disambiguation page for Windows XP; given that the pages for the Windows-tans are generally named as "Windows [version name \ number]", and with multiple versions of XP, it seems like it'd be nice

It seems like a good idea to me, but what does everyone else think?

Bella

That sounds like it would be a good idea to me.

Nichi

Ok, it seems it already exists. Should I setup a redirect for when someone searches "Windows XP", it'll take them to this page?

EDIT: Also, added a pic to Homeko's article

Bella

Because I'm obsessed with order, I was just sorting a bunch of uncategorized pages on the wiki.

Two things:
I'm thinking of renaming the "OS-tan Wars" article "OS-tan Conflicts", and having sections for all the documented OS-tan conflicts - the OS Wars, Unix Wars, and that conflict involving the DEC and CDC-tans. http://ostan-collections.net/wiki/index.php?title=OS-tan_Wars

Can we get rid of the OSC Manga page, since we also have the OSC Manga and Literature Guide which is way more informative anyway? http://ostan-collections.net/wiki/index.php?title=OSC_Manga_Guide

Nichi

Sounds like a good idea to me; just carry over any info from the old manga guide to the current one, and maybe set the old one as a redirect just in case.

Also, does anyone think I should add my series, Director Who, to the literature guide? It may not be 100% about OS-tans, but they do pop up often enough for me to feel it's worth a mention (Also, 2k-tan is part of the main cast)

Nichi

@Aurora: I remember zerOSanity. The final reboot of it was actually one of the inspirations for the sillier short stories I write :3

I added the Director Who series to the article under literature, only listing the installments I can remember off the top of my head that have stronger ties to the OS-tan universe than simply "2k-tan is there" (To clarify, the ones in which other OS-tans play a role in the plot). If anybody thinks it wouldn't be out of place, I could make an article with details on my series (Listing all installments, details on the plot, brief character bios, and anything else of note)

Bella

Aw. : ( I'd have left it on the record, if only for the sake of historical accuracy. But then again I'm quite obsessed with collecting/recording information... >>

Also, how do I make redirects? Mediawiki help says they can be made by making a page with "#REDIRECT [[pagename]]" in it. Is that right?

More will come up when I find them, but right now I want to make a VSE -> DOS/360 redirect, as well as one for GNU/Linux -> Linux, WinNT -> Windows NT. I'm also trying to eliminate unused "wanted" pages created through improper linking, etc.

Nichi

@Bella: Yep; redirects are made like that. I've made a few to patch up some red links before :3

Bella

Kk.

Over the last day, I've attempted a ton of cleanup work .... changing bad links, getting rid of dead-end links, etc, and making pages for the different "category" sections.

In the new article department, I think I'm gonna work on documenting some of the guys right now, since the non-canon -kun's have been around for awhile and yet haven't had many articles made. :z

Started things off by uploading Emacs-kun's article, and making one for FASTRAND-kun too.

Emacs' needs some work, but I'm pretty satisfied with FASTRAND's considering I had noooo idea how i was going to pull off anything more than a stub, since there really isn't a lot documented about him. x.x;;

Bella

Aurora Borealis

@Bella: I can't seem to find those in 200x200 size. I may have lost the original svg files. :(

Great work on the new articles you've been making though!

Bella

Aw, that's too bad. :( Is there any way to modify the template so that I can use 100x100 avatars if I can't find a 200x200 one that'll work? Or would that be too much work? I ask because you've made a lot of really nice avatars for characters that have no other color artwork, and I wish I could use them without having them stretched out and distorted.

Thanks a lot! Cleaning up/filling out the wiki and creating new articles has become a minor obsession of mine as of late. x.x I've kind of been all over the place, but are there any sections or articles you'd like to see worked on?