Project Wiki OVERHAUL!!

Started by Aurora Borealis, December 06, 2010, 05:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

But you see Choco, representations of OS 9.1 and 9.2 already exist (and OS 9.2 has a fairly fleshed-out character too.) The rule of creating -tans for minor OS updates is this: respect the ones that already exist, but don't make new ones.

Aurora Borealis

I merged their articles with OS9's, and mentioned that they're separate characters, but not often recognized as such, comparable to 95 OSR 2.1-tan and 2.5-tan.

Chocofreak13

@bella: i had an inkling that they had their own characters, but i like aurora's approach of mentioning them--but just that.

any wiki articles that need updating? (idk how helpful i can be, but i can try :3)
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

@Choco: Here are some:

Articles that need expanding- among them are entries for canon Windows-tans, I'm surprised they've been overlooked for this long!

98-tan's and 98SE-tan's articles probably could use expanding too- I didn't know what other info to put on them.

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

Should I start a page keeping track of proposed human names for the OS-tans?

Chocofreak13

that might fall under the theory page, right? maybe as a subsection?
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

That works too. The theory pages all still need to be worked on!

Chocofreak13

what needs to be done on it? does it need compiling, organizing, updating, or what?
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

I'm getting started on making the table, and the instructions on how to add entries to help others out. After getting those basics down, we can move on to those next steps.

Chocofreak13

kay. just let me know when. :3
click to make it bigger

Chocofreak13

looks good. but what about the os-tans who go under codenames? like 3.1 having the name Janus? (idk if that's canon, but that's the codename for 3.1, and that's what i'm using.)

i was going to post something else, but it'd probably be better for me to post it in the "NEEDED: YOUR INPUT" thread.
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

The human names are all fanon at this point. It's a list of -proposed- human names, but there are nicknames that are canon though. (i.e: Hacchan, Secchan)

Chocofreak13

i think "Emuii" was canon, since that's the literal pronunciation of "M-E" in japanese. :\

eh, either way, good job. :3 but i hope it's possible to have more than one name in there, since i doubt we're going to completely agree on that sort of thing (plus it's bound to vary from story to story).
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

Yes, you can list multiple names in each cell, or leave it blank if there aren't any in that category.