CALLING ALL EAST-COASTERS (and Nejin and Red)

Started by Chocofreak13, July 26, 2010, 07:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

i've seen people sleeping on floors, in hallways, heard of people doing this, sleeping in subway stations, etc. a friend of mine almost did that at AB, but we caught him just in time and dragged him back to the condo (nej, you remember tom, right? good times -w-). another friend of mine at AB (who was SUPPOSED to drive us home, but he lost his license -.-; ) ended up sleeping in a nearby apple store (it was during a midnight release, so it was less frowned upon).

basically, the rule goes: the bigger the con, the bigger the shennagins. and otakon's the biggest here.

lemme put it this way: the guy who enlightened me to otakon used to do unofficial skits with his friend during the con, each year with a different anime as a theme. one year they did get backers (look it up), and they decided to "get back" things from the dealer room for people. they took requests, went in, and just took whatever they wanted, and got away with it. :3

another year was trigun (his first year there actually) and the con was double booked with a gay/lesbian/whathaveyou convention (complete with religious protesters outside) which made it funnier when he shouted "MAKE WAY FOR JESUS!!" when his friend (dressed as wolfwood) came through.

us setting up a tent somewhere on the premises and sleeping in it is MILD. especially if we pick out-of-the-way locations.

don't worry, i'd make sure we had a backup, but i think this one would be interesting. besides, we'd all get to know each other REALLY well. :3
click to make it bigger

Red-Machine

I bagsie sharing with Bells.  You don't mind, do you?
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

NejinOniwa

Sharing what, exactly...?

Don't scare her off, you. -w-;
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

so apparantly i'm the only one to even TRY to come up with plans here......

you guys are getting me all depressed. why don't we just scrap the whole otakon project. ;___;
click to make it bigger

Red-Machine

Don't be depressed Kari... *hugs*

I'd help, but there's not a lot that I can do from my end.  But if you want suggestions or me to pick options, I can do that.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Pitkin

Hotelguides seems to offer a fairly nice selection of hotels extremely close to the con center (if I googled everything correctly ._.), though I don't really understand what "standard rate range" means in practice. Just randomly, I checked for four people per room in a place called Quality Inn Downtown, and seem to get something like $160 as price. Not really bothering to delve deeper in it, I don't know if that's the price per person or per room. If per room, it'd sound fairly ok, and if per person, insane for a two-star inn.

Truth be told, even though I did read through the thread a while ago, I cannot recall the problems really: walk distance and price, I believe. Sorry, I'm not probably of help and not even participating, but I thought I'd look into it quickly after Choco's post. ._.

NejinOniwa

Unfortunately I have 000 experience/skill in hotel booking. Say what you want, it just seems to not want me even touching it >_>

As for idea-ery and stuff: I can barely write at the moment, it'll have to wait until my spirit has recovered a bit more. -__-

@Pitkin: I checked that one as well, and it gave me something 67-ish for 2 people a night, 1 room. Which suggests it's the full 4-people price.

Krizonar

Quote from: "Chocofreak13"so apparantly i'm the only one to even TRY to come up with plans here......

you guys are getting me all depressed. why don't we just scrap the whole otakon project. ;___;
I'm not good at planning D=

Don't want it scrapped though, cuz if we do pull it off, it'll be super super fun!

Chocofreak13

so i'm the only responsible one here? xD

pitkin, i was considering something like that, but it's per room, PER NIGHT. and we'd be staying for 4.
click to make it bigger

Krizonar

For something a year in advance? Yes, since I really don't plan ahead that far in most things Xd

NejinOniwa

Bella

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"Sharing what, exactly...?

I can assure you Red isn't going to scare me off, but the thought of sleeping for several nights in a convention hall just might. = =

Krizonar

Quote from: "Bella"
Quote from: "NejinOniwa"Sharing what, exactly...?

I can assure you Red isn't going to scare me off, but the thought of sleeping for several nights in a convention hall just might. = =
Even a stuck-up Mac tan like me doesn't mind sleeping on the floor if I get to see you guys :heart:

stewartsage

I've slept on or in enough floors, halls, parks, trees, tents, and tunnels.  Think if I come, I'll stay at my grandparents and commute -_-

Bella

Did I ever tell you just HOW MUCH I want to visit your grandparents Stew? *o*