Windows 2000 is now put to rest...

Started by coldReactive, July 13, 2010, 12:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coldReactive

I love you Windows 2000, but sadly, Microsoft ended full support for you today....

in 4 years, we'll have to do this for the busty XP D:

Red-Machine

Oh noes!  Poor 2k-chan...  Microsoft already extended the support phase for XP to 2014, but I'm sure there'll be another public outcry when her time comes around.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

coldReactive

Actually, spoke too soon for XP. XP Downgrade support has been extended to 2020.

Dr. Kraus

Good 'ol 2-k-senpai has gotten my servers out of trouble numerous times and i think she will continue to be reliable as she is!

Chocofreak13

2k lives on in our hearts. I still have a box running her (sp4! whoo! and it was free, os already installed!! ^^) and when the tiime comes and i get a newer compy, i may bring ARGO onto 2000. She'd do well on that. :3
click to make it bigger

Bella

Pfffffffffft, Windows 2000 isn't dead-- as long as there's one user, SOMEwhere, running it on SOMEthing, it will live. Of course I've a warped view on all this company support v. non-support stuff, since many of the OSes I interact with on a daily basis are long since abandoned by their companies.

Though I've never really used updates on any of my Windows boxes (call it MS-induced paranoia) so it's not like it'd effect me anyway. -v-

Red-Machine

Like me Bells.  Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy is what I do!

And you don't get updates?  Bad girl, baaaad girl!
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Chocofreak13

oh, bella. now you've made you computers weaker by not patching. *wags finger*

well, i figure i'll probably still have 2k running on SOMETHING in 2040. xD
click to make it bigger

coldReactive

Quote from: "Chocofreak13"well, i figure i'll probably still have 2k running on SOMETHING in 2040. xD

Your soul?

Chocofreak13

if i can convert a pillow into a computer, maybe. :3
click to make it bigger