Main Menu

Member Introduction Thread

Started by Pitkin, December 11, 2005, 04:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.

Lily1027 She/Her

Quote from: tekuafool on April 14, 2026, 08:22:08 PMHiya! name's teku. I should introduce myself here. I like designing characters and tinkering with computers and OSes.
I remember stumbling upon this site when I was a way younger (I was interested in the Windows operating system history). Last year I saw a youtube video about OS-tans and it reminded me of them. So, I wanted to show appreciation and started drawing and designing some new OS-tans. It's fun, heh.

Hello! Welcome here!  ;D

tekuafool He/Him

Thank you, all!

Quote from: Bella on April 14, 2026, 10:12:47 PMHi Teku! I'm a fan of your os-tan designs (you post-bigcat Mac OS(X) designs are a particular fave of mine ^_^) so it's good to see you here. As I mentioned to Lily, please feel welcome to post in the creative thread, or make your own thread in the fanworks subforum if you want! We also have the image board, though it can be a bit finicky at times (we're working on it!)

Got it. Think I'll make a thread soon in the future.
Also wanted to say that I like your designs a lot, too (My favorite is ENIAC ^ ^).

be the one you want, be everything you are
pyon pyon

Bella She/her

Quote from: tekuafool on April 16, 2026, 08:21:56 PMThank you, all!

Got it. Think I'll make a thread soon in the future.
Also wanted to say that I like your designs a lot, too (My favorite is ENIAC ^ ^).

Awesome, I can't wait to see it! And thank you! I should draw & write about her more. ^^

tomahawk114514

Hello everyone, I'm Tomahawk. I'm an Os-Tan fan from China. My English is not good, so I used machine translation. If there are any unclear expressions, please forgive me. Also to avoid censorship, I often use the VPN, so please don't treat me as a bot.

I just registered an account recently, but I have been lurking on this forum for some time. I'm a hardcore otaku and found the Os-tan accidentally in middle school. At that time, XP-Tan was very famous in China because Windows XP dominated the entire country from the late 2000s to the early 2010s, although most of them used pirated versions. Chinese otakus even created Greendam-Tan (a software developed by the Chinese government for censorship) inspired by Os-Tan. My favorite Os-Tan is also XP-Tan, but I also love the old characters like Me-Tan and 2K-Tan. However, the one that is popular in China now is Madobe Ichika created by Karv, but I don't like this character because she is too young (I'm against pedophilia).

Finally, there is an Os-Tan community in China, and I'm a core member of it. The leader is a fan of Me-Tan and loves  building the old PC. If you are interested in this, you can ask me any questions (except for political content).

Bella She/her

Nice meeting you Tomahawk! I think we've had members from China before but I'm not sure they've spoken about the OS-tan fan community in China, so these are interesting insights!

Besides Greendam-tan, are there many fan-made OS-tans in China? Also, what sort of old PCs does the leader of the OS-tan community build? I'm always interested to learn about the retro computing scenes in different nations.