Member Introduction Thread

Started by Pitkin, December 11, 2005, 04:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeaflameSD

Welcome to the OS-tan Collections.

Bella

Welcome aboard, fellow *nix user!  Interestingly enough, I've recently become interested in Arch Linux-tan myself, I'd really like to draw or write something about her and GNU/HURD-tan.

Also, I didn't know about the GRUB mascot - nice find. :)

I'm fond of OS-tans for the same reason as you, it just seems the natural extension of my interest in computers and love of personifying objects. :D

Chocofreak13

yay, yay, new people! ^^

i'm always up for finding new -tans!! kudos to you for finding it, now just to make it cute. xD

stick around ettan! there's lots more in store. ^^
click to make it bigger

alfonso_rd_30

Welcome ET-tan... as Kari said, there are lots more in stock like my cute secchan (shame I can't get near her...)

Masdra

I don't think I've posted here, although I've been a member for a while, I haven't made any posts for some reason, I apologize.

There's nothing much interesting about me. My biggest hobby is probably programming (I'm currently learning C, after that I want to learn Assembly). I'm also interested in science.

I've been playing a lot of TF2 lately.

My favorite OS-tan/kun is probably Windows ME-kun, Windows ME was the first OS I've used, it crashed a lot until my dad upgraded the HDD(s).

I've been using a Windows ME-kun skin for Minecraft that I made, but I'm not an artist so it's very flat and I stopped using it. My desktop is Windows ME-kun but it's low quality. I also copied and pasted the Windows ME sounds from a Windows ME (beta) copy I have onto my Windows 7 computer.

Has anyone made a nice Windows ME-kun desktop background and Minecraft skin? If so I'd like some links. A download for a Doom skin (I use Zandronum if it matters) would be cool too!

LeaflameSD

Welcome back...? Welcome aboard, hope you have a good stay here at OSC. And if you are looking for Me-tan backgrounds check the OS-tan Gallery.

Nichi

Welcome aboard. I don't know if we have any ME-kun wallpapers, but there might be some in the gallery :3

Chocofreak13

YOU FUCKING ROCK
I'D SAY I LOVE YOU BUT I DON'T KNOW YOU

sorry, but os-kun love is so rare around here that anyone who even shows the slightest hint of interest in them gets a thumbs up in my book.

i just browsed the gallery and my entire stock of unuploaded pics, and while there are a good amount of ME-kun ones, none are wallpaper size, so unless you photoshop some there's none right now. i'll browse Pixiv later.
click to make it bigger

Bella

Welcome to OSC, Masdra!

TF2, Minecraft, OS-tans, programming? You're gonna fit in just fine. 8)

alfonso_rd_30

Balrith

Hi, I'm balrith. There's not really a special origin story for my name, just something I thought up when I was younger and has since stuck as my goto username.

I was last on this site when I was in middle school and it inspired me to make a half baked OS-tan stepmania theme—it was also my stepmania phase. Now I'm soon to be 20, in uni, and studying bio. Scary how fast time flies. I kind of wish I were back in middle school -__-

I got a drawing tablet a while ago but I only really started trying harder with art when I entered uni, but since then I've found it to be more fun too. As such, I'll probably be derping around the free cookies a lot.

I hope to get along with you all.

By the way, what's the answer that the verification question actually wants when it asks for the name of the site?

Edit: O wait, I should probably talk a bit more about my interests. I really enjoy anime and manga. Not sure if I can pin down any complete favorites, but I really liked Serial Experiments Lain, Haibane Renmei Paprika, Madoka, TTGL, FLCL, Gunbuster/Diebuster (love Gainax and Yoshitoshi ABe). O and the classics like Eva and GTO. Yeah, that's probably too many.
As for manga that haven't been turned into anime yet, Wakusei no Samidare stands out as being one of the better ones I've read in recent memory.

My favorite OS-tans are XP-tan and 3.1-tan
I run Windows 7 on my lappy and Vista on my desktop.
I really like Touhou and most of my music is composed of Touhou remixes and Vocaloid songs.
Capsule and Supercell are also really nice.
My favorite artists are redjuice, alcd, range murata, and alphonse (white datura)

alfonso_rd_30

Pitkin

Welcome Balrith, hope you stick around. :)

As for your question: the name of the site is "os-tan collections", case insensitive. The hyphen and the space are obligatory. Did you have trouble with it?

Nichi

Welcome ^^

Given your taste in anime, I think you'll fit in well :3

Chocofreak13

yokosoooo~

welcome Balrith. it's exciting to have a new member, especially one that was here long ago. please stick around, and post moar! ^^
click to make it bigger