Main Menu

Member Introduction Thread

Started by Pitkin, December 11, 2005, 04:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red-Machine

Quote from: CaptBrenden on December 13, 2011, 05:58:05 AMOh and if anyone cares or knows what I mean, I'm actually quite well along in my transition process and couldn't be happier.

This is good news indeed!
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Chocofreak13

..............hi o__o;

maybe now that we have art school in common we'll get along better......
click to make it bigger

CaptBrenden

If they have taught you about not getting offended by critique, then quite possibly.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Chocofreak13

totally. though people who critique my work and offer nothing constructive in return can go to hell. and those that critique my work, have nothing constructive to offer, and then say all anime is the same can go to special hell. >:\
click to make it bigger

CaptBrenden

can I ask if your getting a fine arts or media arts degree?

Chocofreak13

illustration. i'm enrolled at AIB.
click to make it bigger

CaptBrenden

If your at an AI, then your media arts.

As for the anime thing, my life drawing instructor talked about it recently. Profesional artists do give anime artists a hard time, but there is something to be said for it. They have the ability to learn by looking, can copy drawings pretty effectivly, learn a variety of different line qualities and techniques, but the issue most people have with anime style artists is that many of them refuse to do anything else. Their art always falls back to those styles and techniques, and those types usually dont get jobs. To be a marketable artist you must be able to draw a wide variety of styles depending on the wishes of the client. If you can do that and keep your anime art to the side, then your golden.

Chocofreak13

i get the feeling we're going to butt heads......

i'm not aiming to sell out. i'm aiming to get the degree and then start making comics.
as for people who think that all anime artists can do is anime, i'd either
1. show them my portfolio, as i'm capable of realism even if i don't like it
2. have them read the term paper i just wrote, on a history of anime and manga, showcasing the wide variety of styles and rich history.

and i'm not at the art institutes. my friend is, but i'm at the Art Institute of Boston. it's much older, and offers different programs than AI (if AI had offered a degree in illustration specifically, i'd have considered going there).

we're getting OT. i'll see you outside. welcome back, i guess. :\
click to make it bigger

Tsubashi

Welcome back, Captain-sama. I am glad all seems to be going well.
-Tsu

Red-Machine

Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Bella

Quote from: Tsubashi on December 14, 2011, 04:24:25 PM
Welcome back, Captain-sama. I am glad all seems to be going well.

THE PROPHECIES ARE TRUE, TSUBASHI-SAN HATH RETURNETH! ^w^

Tsubashi

Quote from: Bella on December 14, 2011, 04:34:21 PM
THE PROPHECIES ARE TRUE, TSUBASHI-SAN HATH RETURNETH! ^w^

Prophecies indeed. ^-^'

...but yes, I have returned from my mission in the Philippines. It was absolutely astounding, and what it lacked in internet, it certainly made up for in wonderful people and truely spectacular vistas.

That being said, I am glad to be back in my homedir again. ^v^
-Tsu

Krizonar

Philippines hm? You are lucky, lovely place and though I never met you before, welcome back.

Tsubashi

Ah! Apologies! Having been gone so long, I probably ought to follow Captain-sama's most pertinent example and introduce myself.

Hello, my name is Tsubashi. I am a former administrator who left for the Philippines about 2.5 years ago. I live in my homedir, /Users/Yui. Software Engineer by day, Programmer by night, I spend the majority of my cycles connected to some form of technology or another. Oh, and it seems I am a data vampire as well.

Thank you for listening to me, I will stop taking up everyone's time now, sorry. ^.^'
-Tsu

Chocofreak13

G-G-G-G-G-G-G-GHOOOOOSSSST!!!!! *dies*

*1up*

click to make it bigger