The Retrocomputing Thread

Started by Bella, April 28, 2010, 05:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Kraus

At first I wasn't to sure weather it was a newer iMac or Classic so I went with the topic of Classic srry bout tat

Krizonar

The Hardrive inside my SE died today.

Yeah
:'(

stewartsage

Red-Machine

Oh noes!  The CD drive in my iBook died when I tried to upgrade it's hard drive over the weekend.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Bella

Sorry man. D: Hardware failures on old computers are the worse. ><

Also, dis:

Krizonar

I'll fix it somehow.

I'm also watching this awesome imacg4 on eBay.

VonDaab

I visited today the Manchester Museum of Science and Industry, and saw these lil fellows.

stewartsage

Paul

The only computer I have that would classify as retro is an Apple Performa 475 running System 6.
Unfortunately the disk refuses to spin up 75% of the time and a replacement is nowhere to be found :/

Picture:

Krizonar

If kept in a very warm environment, that chance (of starting) will increase. Sonetimes the gears that spin those old drives get a little cold if left off for a while. It's a sign of age. Excersise it at least once a day and keep it warm. If all else fails, you can tilt it a bit and it should start.

If that fails... Well... Duck it.

CanaryTan

The oldest computer we have in the house atm is windows 98SE. :3

I'm not kidding. I have all teh animal crossing games and play them everyday.
My profile pic is from deviant art. It's not mine.

Bella

I have a working 98SE box... well, Panasonic Toughbook. I <3 that computer, it's so nice for a machine of its age~

Red-Machine

I beat all of you.  The oldest machine I have is a Dragon 32 from 1982.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

stewartsage

Bella

I beat most of you, mine are circa-1981 Commodore VIC-20s, both of whom work fine.

BUT. If you count the date the Japanese VIC-20 model (the VIC-1001) was released, then it's 1980... meaning I'm tied with Stew. V>O<V