C-Chan

Scheduling & Ideas

C-chanââ,¬â,,¢s Drawing Schedule

-   Unix-sama stand-alone portraiture
    -   DR-DOS-tan & QDOS-tan preconcept chibi renditions
    -   Windows 2.0 & Windows 3.11 historical stand-alone portraiture
    -   AtariDOS-tan & AtariTOS-tan preconcept chibi renditions
    -   FreeDOS-tan & ROMDOS-tan preconcept chibi renditions
    -   Ã¢â,¬Å"3rd picââ,¬Â (PC-DOS-tan & MS-DOS-tan day-in-the-life-of)
    -   Minix-tan & Damn Small Linux-tan stand-alone portraiture
    -   Commodore PET, C64 & AmigaOS historical stand-alone portraiture
    -   Ã¢â,¬Å"4th picââ,¬Â (Windows 95 & 95 OSR 2.5 with Red Hat & Fedora)
    -   Plan 9 & Inferno stand-alone portraiture
    -   Ã¢â,¬Å"5th picââ,¬Â (depiction of Linux-Unix Consortium members)

Additional Ideas

- Add Xubuntu-tan.
    - Add Oric-tan

NewYinzer

Can't wait to see the results!
This sounds like a good project!

C-Chan

AWESOME!!! The great NewYinzer hath arrived!  Welcome to the Annex!  ^__^

Please don't mind the mess,... I'm still painting caulking, replacing tiles, fixing old pipes,... you know, the whole shabang.  -v-

CaptBrenden

About time someone made a thread like this.   You better work round the clock to fill it out now!
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Aurora Borealis

I've got a couple things to say!

1. I made a Leopard-tan! Hope you all like her! :D

2. Sorry to be nitpicky, but the Mac OS 6-tan is more specifically Macintosh System 6.0.8-tan; but I could tweak her character design and personality slightly to involve some sort of puns and references for the codenames of System 6 so that she represents all of System 6

3. How come some of the Linux Distro-tans are in the wandering class? I mean, what sets them apart from the rest?

C-Chan

QuoteAbout time someone made a thread like this. You better work round the clock to fill it out now!

*eyes twitch*  Round the clock?  Ovo
You have no idea........  -___-'

*C-chan deflates with fatigue*

[mumbling] What did I get myself into........
Someone shoot me now.............................  -_______________-

Quote've got a couple things to say!

Welcome Aurora.....
Thanks for showing up, though sorry for the mess.
This place is still technically not ready yet.....  -_____________-

Quote1. I made a Leopard-tan! Hope you all like her!

Saw her, liked her, ask C-One to update the roadmap...............  -v-

Quote2. Sorry to be nitpicky, but the Mac OS 6-tan is more specifically Macintosh System 6.0.8-tan; but I could tweak her character design and personality slightly to involve some sort of puns and references for the codenames of System 6 so that she represents all of System 6

It's gonna look a little strange,... but then you're the original artist AND a Mac user, so I figure there's a good reason to use 6.0.8 specifically (just like there's a good reason to call 3.11-sama "3.11" and not "3.0").
But just like with 3.11-sama, I'd recommend just making 6.0.8-tan represent all of System 6 anyway.  That way (unless you REALLY REALLY want to) there won't be a need to draw a separate OS-tan for Mac 6.0.  -_____-

Quote3. How come some of the Linux Distro-tans are in the wandering class? I mean, what sets them apart from the rest?

Glad you asked, although I'm sure the question would've been answered had I gotten all the faction descriptions posted up.  Without them, there's a lot of explaining to do.... -v-

Let me just catch my breath.........  -_________________-

C-Chan added the following  13 minutes after last message :

There are some Unix descendants in the Wanderer class too, plus mixed in everywhere else (e.g., our beloved QNX-tan is with the A$C... ^^')

But in short, the Wanderer Class is really just slang for "unaligned" characters -- mainly OS-tans who travel too much within the different factions to settle in a particular one, or those who want to live completely on their own without any strings attached, or those who simply aren't aware (due to so-and-so predicament) that they can join a particular faction.  That's the story explanation.  ^__^

The practical explanation is that the Wanderer Class is where I toss in all OS-tans who either I'm undecided as to where they should go, or I feel are bonified lone wolves, or I'm saving for a tearful reunion in some future story (e.g., Commodore VIC-20 and C128).

Or...

...are new OS-tans that were created by an indepedent artist who may not appreciate that I align them to a particular group.  In your case, I'm not sure if you want to subject your poor girls to membership in the Linux/Unix Consortium, since it currently is (to put it mildly) a quagmire.  ^___^'
That's the reason why other Linux/Unix-types have chosen to go off on their own paths -- they either like their independence or just don't want to deal with the chaos that is the LUC.  ^^'
If you'd prefer to move them, though, just let me know and I'll consider it permission.  That's the reason I set this Annex thread up -- to make suggest-making easier.  ^.^

MisterCat

C-Chan, this Annex you're building is a shoo-in for Eighth Wonder Of the World!  I know next to nothing about the OS-tans, but I appreciate all this research and work you're doing.  I've got to go sit down, just to contemplate the magnitude of this place!

;019

=^..^=

CaptBrenden

I could shoot you if you want.  After your done and not before.   but we will have a breakfast bacon feed in your honor when your done.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

C-Chan

Thank you, Mister Cat-san....  -v-
It's your words that encourage me to take the extra step....  ^v^

The....... ex-......... -tra............ step.................  -o-

*flops on ground*

[muffled] On second thought, maybe I should just stay here and die for a bit,... at least until the Captain gets annoyed-enough and shoots me anyway..... ugh....  So tired.......... x________x

A thread of this magnitude is indeed a liability....  -___-
But since I really want to avoid any self-promotion, I have to go the extra mile to make this as much a resource and educational tool for emerging OS-tan fans, than simply a showcase for new OS-tans.  

It's the kinda place I wanted when I first got hooked on the OS-tan phenomenon,... and, well, if I can do my own drawings, I figured I might as well construct this kinda thing too.....  -v-

In any case, thanks for visiting and being patient with the awful mess.  ^__^

C-Chan added the following  4 minutes after last message :

Oh, some Annex Updates:

- All Faction Logos are now up.  Hopefully some will strike you as cool/memorable, although I'll be content if they're just passable.  Reinvented the M$ and Apple logos for obvious reasons.  ^__^

- A special thanks to Alex Stankevitch for supplying the CIOST logo.  Sorry it didn't get voted for the forum icon, but hey,... at least it went on to serve an important role.  It looks like a stylized asterisk (the VB wildcard for "any other character"), so in a way it's strikingly appropriate.  ^v^

- Will work on the Faction descriptions next.

- Will start uploading individual OS-tans after that.  My OS-tans will get priority just so I can go ahead and close their individual threads.  All other -tans will trickle in thereafter.  -v-

NewYinzer

Finally! A database for all the OS-Tans! This is gonna put this website on the map!