Crashed again?  GAWD, you're just as bad as ME-tan!  \ _ /

Come on, now!  Get back to work -- the Annex needs some major updates!  \ 0 /

*restarts C-One*

C-One

C-Chan

That's better.  `v'

Now,... go off and,... do,... stuff!  >o<
You ain't cheap, you know!  `.'

*clears throat*  Oh, and to Raffaele....
If you're see this, just wanted to let you know that I did visit your DeviantArt page.  ^___^

It's a bit small, but I do like what I see.  Your tribute to Akira Toriyama has some gorgeous curves, and I particularly like the efficient way you worked the curls in her hair.  ^__^

*takes down notes for potential curled-hair OS-tan*

And your Miyake-chan could be a deviant itself -- not sure why you keep it in the scraps section.  ^__^
Does bring back memories -- although I'm not fond of lechers as protagonists, Urusai Yatsura was a fun series nonetheless.  ^__^

Alright, that's all for this pig for now.  -v-

*trots off*

C-One

Ccccc!

10 ? "If anyone is having trouble viewing Raffaele-san's rendition of MorphOS-tan"
20 ? "due to DeviantArt linking restrictions, here they are in their original"
30 ? "scale for your viewing pleasure:"

LOAD "RAFFAELE MORPHOS" 8,1

40 ? "This is in reference to thread"
50 ? "http://ostan.blackdiam.net/templates/gg_Harmony_blue/images/common/ft_topic.gif"
60 ? "Thank you very much for your patronage."

*bows*

70 GOTO 60

MisterCat

Thank you, esteemed C-One, for your help in this situation.  Your good work here at the board is greatly appreciated!

;019

Raffaele, those are very interesting drawings!  She's a nice-looking young woman, to be sure; and I quite like her headgear.

;012

=^..^=

C-One

Cc Cccc!!!!

*loads Romaji ROM*

10 ? "Dou itashimashite, MisterCat-san"

*bows*

*loads English ROM*

20 ? "Cleaned and updated the Annex Main Page."
30 ? "Thank you very much for your patronage."

*bows"

40 GOTO 30

Raffaele the Amigan

Wow! Mille grazie C-One!

Domo arigatou gozaimasu C-One sensei!

Oh wise one... You resolved the problem far before I came here and attach my drawings directly.

However I already updated the discussion with attachs.

If I had knew you did it, I had avoided to make all the fatigue to attach it by myself.  ;012

Thank you again!
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

C-One

===================

Ccccc.....

*loads Romaji ROM*

10 ? "Dou itashimashite, Raffaele-san."

*bows*

*loads English ROM*

20 ? "I have transmitted the images of MorphOS-san to C-Chan and."
30 ? "am happy to report that I received a response from him today."
40 ? "Please allow me to convey his message...."

*bows*

*loads PorkOS ROM*

Yo Raffaele!!!  ^__^
What's up?  How's it goin'?  ^v^

Just heard the big news,... that you released sketches of MorphOS-sama shortly after I had left!  'v'
Shoot, what a helluva time for me to go on vacation.  -___-;

Hopefully you're getting some good comments from my friends, whom I'm sure right now are raking in the post count.  ^__^
And if not, feel free to give them a good beating for not partying or going on NewYinzer-style posting rampages across admin threads.  ^v^
(Gwahaha!  I remember that....  ^___^)

Regardless, let me throw in my 2 Euro cents....  ^.^

*pulls out coins tube from carry-on suitcase filled-to-the-brim with Euro coins*

For one thing, by virtue of being, not only an alternative OS-tan, but MorphOS-tan at that, there's no way in hell I'm going to do anything but love it.  ^__^
And since the design is not all that dissimilar from my preconcept notion I had in mind for her, I love it even more,... enough to do disparaging things to the palm pilot I use in my travels.  ^^;

But even if that weren't the case, I still don't do criticism and probably am useless if you're looking for both "pros" and "cons".  You could try to seek out the great Darknight_88 in that respect; he may or may not say something about the broad shoulders, but even so tell him to go easy on you as it is just a sketch.  ^__^

Of course, in this day and age it's easier to fine roses growing in the sea than Darknight in our threads.  ^^;

So guess you're just stuck with praises and suggestions then.  -v-

First the praises.....

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT,... WANNA MARRY IT.  ^V^
(That way, Amiga-chan can be my in-law.  ^__~)

Not much to say about pic #1, but #2 is a wealth of interesting perspectives.  ^__^
Might be the helmet, but for some reason she keeps reminding very strongly of Nausicaa,... more so than Nadia.  It doesn't help that Amiga-chan's personality is partly based on Nausicaa (with some parts Belldandy and Sakura mixed in), so it seems natural to me that MorphOS-chan would have a little some of that.  ^__^

Her expressions speak volumes, btw.  She strikes me as a kind, friendly and elegant young lady, but also strong-willed and independent, with a Linux-like courage that befits her own use of a helmet.  ^__^

Now suggestions.... -v-

Placing the butterfly wings on the helmet instead is an original idea; even though I feel putting some larger cyan wings on her back instead would make for a more powerful and dramatic effect, I also don't want the helmet to look empty.  ^___^

So how about a patented C-chan compromise....  -v-

================

A) Move the butterfly wings to her back (and naturally enlarge so she can fly really fast, not unlike these Might and Magic characters)...

B) ...and at the same time, put smaller pegasus wings (as in PegasosPPC) on her helmet (and maybe even sharpen the angles to get a cooler effect).  Maybe it's cause I'm a coin collector, but Mercury comes to mind  (albeit with butterfly antennae)...

Try it out for effect and see if it sounds feasible.  ^__^

(FYI, the reverse also came to mind (butterfly wings on helmet, angel-like wings on back), but it's not as aerodynamic and besides the butterfly is the stronger symbol.  ^.^)

==========

Can't really say this until there's a colored version, but I was thinking,... as a homage to the elegant Ambient GUI, how about making the helmet a tinted semi-transparent material?  Either crystal or plastic (well okay, crystal,... can't be cheap with MorphOS-chan... ^^;).  That way, you can offer a design feature that's not been tried before, add another layer of beauty for her, and also allow her gorgeous hair to be (almost) viewable at all times.  ^__^

Eyes are a big thing for me -- especially in the AmigaGold family line (excepting TripOS who's part of the older generation), i'd love to see each member have unique eyes.  Naturally Amiga-chan already has rainbow eyes and AROS-chan will undoubtedly be feline.  For MorphOS, I always envisioned her's as lumiscent cyan (of various degrees, of course -- mildly glowing most of the time, but raging fiercely as a goddess' eyes when very active).  'v'

Also, a correction on your height.  I believe 170cm is actually much closer to 5'7".  But for C-chan's purposes, C-chan likes that very much more.  ^___^
In fact,.... -v-

*lecherous grin*  C-chan might just lobby for 172cm.  ^w^
But that's my limit, as story-wise it's still important for Amiga-san to be the tallest of the AmigaGold-tans.  (AROS-tan should probably be a shorter pre- or early adolescent-type, given that she's still the least feature-rich.)

Weight seems low, but not a problem for me since I usually omit that from my Annex (most girls worth their salt wouldn't want it posted, you know...).  ^__^
Flatter chest is fine by me.  -v-
I view the OS-tan "memory" thing as being relative to the age of the system.  That's why Amiga-san, who should have inverted breasts by today's standards, is in fact quite well-endowed because it was a completely different story in her heyday.  ^__^

And that's about all I have to say about that.  ^__^
It ain't easy typing on a Palm, you know,... even more so for a pig... ^.^'

Just some quick news about my vacation, though.  ^v^

Everything's going fairly well,... stopped by a certain South American country to view an interesting conference and pick up some coins, then flew over to several European countries to pick up more coins.  I'm actually embarrassed to say I stopped by your country and didn't visit ya, but as it was only to transfer flights (and pick up coins), I was strapped for time.  ^^'
I did get to see Rome a little, and while at the Piazza di Spagna I got to meet some new friends. ^.^

Here's a picture of me with them.... -v-

Cute as buttons, aren't they?  ^__^
Don't ask me about the guns, though -- I was just there to flirt, not ask them 50 questions... fufufu.... ^.^

I'm in Moscow now, picking up coins, and I'll be heading over to NewYinzer's favorite country to pick up more coins and maybe sign a few trade deals while I'm at it.  -v-

Art isn't as prolific as I thought, but I am still getting a few things done.  Nearly done with eComStation-tan and it's looking quite nice if I may say so (probably the reason why it's taking so long to finish...  ^^;).  Maybe by tomorrow I'll be able to relay it to C-One so she can post it to the Annex.  ^v^

Plus I have more ideas for other smaller projects too.  -v-

BTW, please make a colored version of MorpOS-chan as soon as you can.  ^__^

I REALLY want to make a chibi version of her so badly.  ^v^

Must.... draw.... MorpOS-chan.....  That's.... Priority One.... @v@

Alright, that's all for me.  ^__^
I'll send you the bill for the transmission time, since it was your awesome artwork that made me praise so much.  ^.^

Please say hello to my fellow forum goers for me!  ^v^

Chow...!

Er,...

I mean, "Ciao".  ^.^

*loads English ROM*

50 ? "Thank you very much for your patronage."

*bows*

60 GOTO 50

Raffaele the Amigan

Actually in the week-end I extended more MorphOS concept...

And I explored other solutions without helmet (or headgear), and more than battlesuit, I draw her wearing an all-days common life seifuku uniform.

I believed that a battle suite with winged helmet it is original! I am quite happy that you all find it if not pretty good at least interesting and different from other OS-TAN solutions...

Quote from: "C-Chan"
Might be the helmet, but for some reason she keeps reminding very strongly of Nausicaa,... more so than Nadia. It doesn't help that Amiga-chan's personality is partly based on Nausicaa (with some parts Belldandy and Sakura mixed in), so it seems natural to me that MorphOS-chan would have a little some of that. ^__^

Well... Nausicaa wears just a white aviator leather cap...

(this is a black one... but fits the idea...)

I get most inspiration from Robot anime girl of early '80...

For example Baldios Robot:

http://www.robozzy.com/baldios/doppiaggio/doppiaggio_jappo.htm

Here she is Jamie:

And Starzinger princess Aurora (Starzinger it is also known as Spaceketters), an ending '70 futuristic remake of Son Goku-Saiyuki middle age japan tale

I like very much those sexy heroines from eighites in their suite all plastics (techno-plastics) or leather, or compound fibers (as clearly stated in some animes! And compound fibers was a very sci-fi solution in those times)...

In the end of '70 almost all heroes and heroines wear headgears.

Luna from Kyashan (Casshern)

Also I had in mind some minor anime like Cosmo Rangers Jota9

And the idea of power stick/baton it is not from Sakura...

In the early '80 all manga mahou shojo (magical girls) have one to transform themselves:

Princess Gigì aka Minky Momo

Or Creamy Mami

I just desired to indicate the continuity from Amiga to MorphOS.

Amiga donate her power to MorphOS, and this is done via the magic/power stick...

Also the power stick as being hold into hands indicates that Amiga it is something EXTERNAL to the body of MorphOS...

Added after 1 hours 1 minutes:

Here are some more ideas:

Added after 5 minutes:

Added after 7 minutes:

Sometimes I get well inspired!

Here she comes:

;010

Added after 1 minutes:

And an early color version of it....

[attachment deleted by admin]
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
[/color]
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

Aurora Borealis

Your MorphOS-tan is really cool! I especially like her butterfly helmet (never seen anything like that before!) and that she's a magical girl! Extra coolness! ;010

And wow! Anime were really different back then! The art-style for some almost looked like American cartoons (but now all anime these days have their own very distinct style) and magical girls' outfits were a lot simpler back then too!

Pitkin

Yaaay! It's about time a 'classical' magical girl appeared! ^o^

Raffaele-san no suketchi ga daisuki da yo! ^__^

But my opinion counts for nothing... I always say, 'I love it', and I cannot help it... >_>

Still, they're awesome. T_T

Raffaele the Amigan

This a sketch very close to final design!

[attachment deleted by admin]
[/color]
[/color]
[/color]

C-One

CCC!!!!

10 ? "Added all new preconcept renditions of MorphOS-tan into her section [The Wanderers]."
20 ? "Special thanks to Raffaele-san for all his hard work."
30 ? "I will expedite copies of all your latest work to C-chan, as I "
40 ? "know he will love them very much."
50 ? "Thank you all very much for your patronage."

*bows"

60 GOTO 50

C-One

Ccccccc!

10 ? "I am happy to report that I received a response from C-chan today."
20 ? "Please allow me to convey his message...."

*bows*

*loads PorkOS ROM*

Yo Minna-san!!  ^v^
O-genki desu ka, y'all?  ^__^

Hehe,... I've been through hell.  ^^;
You'd think I'd have trouble in NewYinzer's favorite country, but ironically it's in Japan where I'm stuck....  ^v^;
Apparently there's some issues with me hauling 15 suitcases filled with coins.  -v-;
I'd ship 'em, but already spent all my paper yens on Meiji-era coins and maxed out my three credit cards at Akihabara.  So till I get some paperwork straightened out, this is where I'm staying for the remainder of my vacation.  ^^;

But it's not all bad,...

All those romance comedy titles were right -- it really IS easy to attract harems here. ^__^

They're crawling all over the place, waiting for unsuspecting losers to swarm over.  ^v^;

I'm staying with a particularly-zany troupe of high school girls, which is great cause I ain't got no money for hotel fees.  ^^;

Here's a picture... -v-

http://www.verytragicalmirth.com/Images/AzumangaCchan.jpg

I'll be back on Friday, btw.  ^v^
Which is great cause I've only got, like, 2 minutes of battery power on this thing and am too embarrassed to use their outlet.  ^___^
(but not flirt, go figure... -v-)

Just some quick bullet points:

1) Finished my eCS-chan pic!  ^v^
This is now my most advanced picture made to date!  A great experiment for dynamic lighting and stuff on Inkscape!  ^-^
I know have enough confidence to go ahead with the Captain's 2.0/3.11 pic.  -v-

http://www.verytragicalmirth.com/Images/eCS-tanTHUMB.jpg

Larger version

2) Raffaele-san, WHY didn't you submit those wonderful pictures earlier?!!  ^0^
I mean I liked your sketches, but these were beyond awesome and cuuuuuuuuute!
And I'm a sucker for cuuuuuuuuute!  ^.^
I'll say more when we get back, but I love that extra flexibility of having her switch between normal and battlesuit mode.  That way, we can definitely combine the best of both worlds!  ^v^

Make sure you finalize quickly so I can do a chibi.  Already have a preconcept notion for AROS, but might wait for your input in case you were interested in making one as well.

And dude,... hehe,... wrong Sakura.  ^^;

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!  ^V^
Yeah, I know, I'm cruel.  -v-

3) Aurora-sama!  ^v^
Check out my new eComStation pic to see someone veeeeeeeery familiar to you!  ^v^
Oh, and your pre-Mac wiki avis are on the way!!!  ^V^
The sooner I get them ready, the faster C-One can finish the House of Mac section of the Annex.  -v-

4) For everyone else, POST POST POST OR PH34R MY PIGGY MADNESS SYNDROME!!!!  MWAHAHAHA!!!  >v<

Oh #&@%!  Low battery... -v-

See y'all fri--

*loads English ROM*

30 ? "eComStation-tan's picture has been uploaded to the Anti$oft Coalition page."
40 ? "Thank you very much for your patronage."

*bows*

50 GOTO 40

Aurora Borealis

*looks at picture*

All 5 of the A$C members have known character designs! This calls for a celebration! :D

Also excited about the upcoming update for the House of Mac!

And you having 15 suitcases, did you smack anyone with one of them? A certain suitcase-wielding OS-tan would be proud! ^^