Main Menu

member picture thread :D

Started by zjhentohlauedy, March 27, 2010, 06:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

lol, maxtor.
you're making me wish i had a bigfoot shirt. xD

also, i was thinking of making an ME-tan shirt this summer. nothing fancy, just a light blue shirt with her logo in the top corner. :3
click to make it bigger

Krizonar

Who doesn't like Maxtor?  8)

Chocofreak13

they're a little annoying; as i remember they don't usually print the amount of space on their hard drives. ><;;
click to make it bigger

Red-Machine

Nah, all the Maxtor driver's I've seen have it.  They were bought out anyway, so it's a moot point these days.

I wonder if anyone here knows that there are now only two hard drive manufacturers?  Seagate and Western Digital, neither of which were favourites of a lot of people I talk to.  Samsung are throwing in the towel to focus on SSDs, Hitachi have been bought out by WD and Maxtor were bought out by Seagate.  Monopolies FTW!
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

NejinOniwa

Seagate=Master race
This=truth
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Krizonar

Hitachi was bought by WD? oh dear god NO. NOT WD!

I've also been partial to Seagates, because Seagate Barracudas were just cool.

Red-Machine

Barracudas started well, but became progressively more mainstream over the years.  Seagate drives are okay, but I'd still rather have my Samsung SpinPoint F3, I've heard mostly good things about them and it's nice and fast.

I wouldn't mind a WD VelociRaptor, tho.  I need an extra HDD soon, cus I'm running out of space on the Sammy, so maybe I'll get one.

Krizonar

Hence the words were and been.

Oh yeah, them sexy 10,000 RPM Velociraptors? Heck yeah bro.
Also, I'll probably post a picture soon.

Nichi

I went with a Seagate external HDD, and it's been good so far (Naming it Torchwood Three)

Anyway, expect some more pictures from me later on...but here's one to tide you over; of me using the Macintosh "hockey puck" mouse on 2k-tan. It's not the most comfortable mouse ever and is hard to use with Windows because of having only one button, but it makes me miss Bulbasaur...

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x283/The_Real_PentiumMMX/Timey%20wimey%20stuff/100_5661.jpg

Krizonar

I love those mouses.

Also, hardrives

ON TOPIC

Red-Machine

You think that's awesome?  Check this:

Krizonar

Red-Machine

Nope, it's an external CD writer.  I think it was released around 1998.

The purple is strangely awesome.

Krizonar

You think that's awesome? Check this:

ok... it's not that awesome.

Chocofreak13

i like western digital. all the drives i've gotten from them have been stable, sturdy, and rather big. :3 both my externals are WDs. ^^

on the other hand, i never really liked seagate....most of them were small, oddly shaped, and kinda weak....and the velociraptor i had at one point was broken. too bad, considering it was the biggest drive i had at the time.... :\

am i the only one that has nostalgic feelings about bigfoot? :3
click to make it bigger