Signatures on forum: Input Needed

Started by Fedora-Tan, February 06, 2010, 08:24:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you feel about the new forum signature standards?

They are just right
4 (100%)
Could be smaller...(post why)
0 (0%)
Could be larger...(post why)
0 (0%)
We need to do away with them completely
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: February 18, 2010, 02:02:44 PM

Fedora-Tan

Quote from: "Last Angel"why my signature doesnt appears? O-o
i cant understand it x3

I have activated the option for you in your account :)

Fedora-Tan

Like announced, all signatures that are not matching the rules are removed from their owner's sigs. Please consider shrinking them if you want to put them back.

I tolerated up to 110px while 90 is the max allowed, but i consider over that is not acceptable.

Thank you for your understanding  ;hi

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Bella

I'm just going to stick with snarky text from now on. >.> <.< >.>

Chocofreak13

i has idea for my snarky text, so i can post more than what is allowed.

.gif!! make a gif with all the text just looping. ^^ and make it 90 px high. xD
click to make it bigger

Fedora-Tan

As long as it's 50kb max it's perfectly ok *nods*

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

The fact that Yamaxanadu got kuro'd on this is so hilarious I cannot bear it. (I dropped off my chair when I realized it, really)
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

CaptBrenden

Always ironic when the biggest rule breakers scoff at things they themselves have been guilty of many times in the past.

However, I need to bring some evidence to light.

I present to you this thread :
http://ostan-collections.net/viewtopic.php?t=166

and this quote:

Quote from: "Fedora-Tan"(Hello to everybody i never met  ;hi )

Let's try to set these as forum standards sigs :

* Graphical Sigs must not exceed 500 (w) x 200 (h) pixels as Panda-san suggested
* If there are more than 1 picture, then 500 x 200 is the limit for all pictures together
* Text Sigs must not exceed 5-6 lines (else it gets messed up with post text) and not exceed 150 pixels height. Using another font style or color for sig may be a good idea but not required (i suggest to put all in size 9 : text )
* Mixed Sigs (pict + text) must not exceed 500 x 200 total and 5-6 lines total

I prefer using lines limit than chars, since chars doesn't mean much (can be 3 chars each lines... ).

It's just a suggest for now, please tell me if you like the idea or not :)

N.B. No problem for Alfamille sigs, i don't think they will lose any quality if you take even MS Paint and resize them to fit the limits... If you don't know how to do just send your sig to sigs@blackdiam.net and i'll resize them for you (but it's really not hard i think)

and finaly, if you check the image in my sig, youll see it fits these perameters with room to spare.

Concidering I'm a legacy member, and our other admin is away so often that they forget what it is they posted.

Since changing and making rules falls under my new authority I could arbitarily change the rules but that would be an abuse of power.  I will discuss the situation with Fedora to clear up the conflicting rules.

However, I will remind you that it was the abuse of the liberal signature policy that forced enforcement of standards. Oversized pictures, animations far beyond file size etc. Thats right, you abused the signatures a little too much. If you dont correct your ways I will have no choice but to send you to hell.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Cockleshell

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"If you dont correct your ways I will have no choice but to send you to hell.
YES MA'AM I WILL ONLY HAVE TEXT FOR SIGNATURES FROM NOW ON.
seriously, some people (coughchococough) really went overboard with ANIMATED SIGNATURES. that thing took up like 5% of the page...
yet I only had this little error message ):
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

NejinOniwa

Hmmm. Well, I know what you mean but as for myself, I can't bring any overly crazy violations to mind...(aside from troll-night that is, and that was just the avi i think?) And as for consideration that those old rules have been played by in the past, I think mostly image width rule has been broken by me before, and that doesn't seem to matter all that much anyway...

...I need dinner. Too much thinking. >_>

Chocofreak13

Quote from: "Cockleshell"
Quote from: "CaptBrenden"If you dont correct your ways I will have no choice but to send you to hell.
YES MA'AM I WILL ONLY HAVE TEXT FOR SIGNATURES FROM NOW ON.
seriously, some people (coughchococough) really went overboard with ANIMATED SIGNATURES. that thing took up like 5% of the page...
yet I only had this little error message ):

=P foo on you. i fix-ed it, didn't i? sides, i was unaware of the plight, although i admit mine was rather large and impressive. ^^

but foo. i fix-ed it. don't start re-hashing the past. =P
click to make it bigger

Ultimaninja

I would like a slightly larger signature to be allowed...nothing insane, but just a bit larger...Like a smaller height then Nejin's avatar...but I'd say 4-5x long.

CaptBrenden

How does everyone else feel about the size restrictions?
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

NejinOniwa

Hmmmmmm
Well, If I am to say it, it's considerably harder to downsize a picture to a good 90px-high sig than it is to downsize it to, say, 150px or even 200px...it allows for more liberality, but, sadly, the eleven-wacky-pix-ontop-of-each-other-type sig gets easier to go out of hand with that way...

150px is a possibility, though.